Patched apps no longer work after latest Android Auto update

Search This thread

zmiaux

Feb 16, 2021
Hi,
a few days ago I updated Android Auto to the latest version (6.0.615334-release) and from that moment I can not longer use neither AA Mirror nor Screen2Auto (they no longer appear in the app list on Android Auto).

I tried to repatch it with AA Phenotype Patcher, then also with AA AIO Tweaker, without results. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and repatched them again, but they don't work.
I have checked the Android Auto settings and they are correct, but I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall it yet.

Has anyone had the same problem since the last update and was it able to fix?

Thanks,
Michele

zmiaux

Feb 16, 2021
Hi Claudio,
it would have been a great idea, except that the update is mandatory.
Without updating it does not start.
Maybe we could try to take the apk of the previous version and try to modify the version internally, but I don't think it's that easy to make it work (in addition, Google apps designed for Android Auto may malfunction).

pena23

Feb 18, 2021
Hi Claudio,
it would have been a great idea, except that the update is mandatory.
Without updating it does not start.
Maybe we could try to take the apk of the previous version and try to modify the version internally, but I don't think it's that easy to make it work (in addition, Google apps designed for Android Auto may malfunction).

zmiaux i agree with you.

zmiaux

Feb 16, 2021
Ok, I'll try. In my case, if I didn't update it, it didn't start, a mandatory update notices appeared. I will try to downgrade anyway, hoping it works, until the problem is fixed.

olli4711

May 8, 2015
I tried to repatch it with AA Phenotype Patcher, then also with AA AIO Tweaker, without results. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and repatched them again, but they don't work.
I have checked the Android Auto settings and they are correct, but I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall it yet.
For me S2A is working via AA unlock function in S2A:
other settings > AA UNLOCK > Trigger Manager > select triggers > DROP >> Reboot

zmiaux

Feb 16, 2021
Ok, for now I have solved it by downgrading to 5.9. It is necessary to update to the latest version (otherwise it won't start anymore), update the apps shown on the screen and then downgrade

snakerous

Jul 10, 2016
And you have no problems when you are driving everything is fine until you put the R gear and there an error appears and Android auto disconnects?
Y no tienes problemas cuando estás conduciendo todo va bien hasta que pones la marcha R y ahí sale error y se desconecta Android auto?

zmiaux

Feb 16, 2021
No, it doesn't happen to me, but I don't have a rear view camera. The parking sensors activate (and the distance to obstacles appears on the screen), but they don't make me disconnect Android Auto

mandiego

Jun 19, 2015
Cuando A.Auto viene de serie en Android 10 no funciona nada que sea cocinado solamente el Carstream para ver youtube las demas APP AAmirror AAmirror Plus Sustratum lite Fermata no me funcionan que puedo hacer

mandiego

Jun 19, 2015
mi smartphone es un Redmi note 8 T de Xiaomi y con android 10 Miui 12 y aunque cambies Android Auto a una version anterior el que trae Miui 12 esta instalado en el sistema y no se puede cambiar

Scaevola

Jan 5, 2012
I tried uninstalling all updates and reverting back to 5.9 and then reinstalling all patches, but it didn't work. I had to uninstall everything and clear data to get it working.