Patched Boot Files for the T870 XAR (USA) ***[UPDATED 4-27-21]***

Search This thread

unbuntu

Apr 12, 2021
For a faster way to download firmware than sammobile samFW & Frija work pretty good :

samFW:
https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-T870/XAR

Frija's the best... IMO.
agreed with you because with SamMobile free download package you received limited download speed and premium packages are costly . in this regard there are few sites that provide fast and free downloading speed, really appreciate their work like:
SamFw: https://samfw.com/
SamFirms: https://samfirms.com/

Reactions: pastorbob62

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
I tried to use the standard method outlined here to root my Tablet after updating to the June version of firmware (BUF5). But for some reason flashing the modified boot.img file from OSDIN fails. I finally gave up and went back to the BUE2 version following the same procedures and it worked just fine. Has Samsung pulled a fast on on us to block us from rooting?

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
I tried to use the standard method outlined here to root my Tablet after updating to the June version of firmware (BUF5). But for some reason flashing the modified boot.img file from OSDIN fails. I finally gave up and went back to the BUE2 version following the same procedures and it worked just fine. Has Samsung pulled a fast on on us to block us from rooting?
Does anybody have any thoughts on this or has anyone experienced similar issues? I have searched far and wide but nothing similar shows up. I left a question on the Magisk site but no answer yet. Surely I am not the first person to see this.

xpdragon

Does anybody have any thoughts on this or has anyone experienced similar issues? I have searched far and wide but nothing similar shows up. I left a question on the Magisk site but no answer yet. Surely I am not the first person to see this.

I had no issue of updating my SM-T970 to firmware (BUF5) with root. My guess is it would be the same for SM-T870.

My steps:
1. flashed the vbmeta_disable image (put into USERDATA slot) along with the stock firmware (BL, AP and HOME_CSC)
2. flashed magisk_patched.tar for root.

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
I had no issue of updating my SM-T970 to firmware (BUF5) with root. My guess is it would be the same for SM-T870.

My steps:
1. flashed the vbmeta_disable image (put into USERDATA slot) along with the stock firmware (BL, AP and HOME_CSC)
2. flashed magisk_patched.tar for root.
Very interesting. That is different than any previous version of the firmware. Where do I find the vbmeta_disable image? All I can find is vbmeta.img and vbmeta_samsung.img.

Jerry12798

U2BUF5 is working fine with latest Magisk on my SM-T870. If you like I can post the patched image for you to try to flash

Jerry12798

Reactions: jhill110

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield

U2BUF5 is working fine with latest Magisk on my SM-T870. If you like I can post the patched image for you to try to flash
That would be great. Because I just tried again with no luck at all. I am using Odin Odin3_v3.14.4. It works fine on version BUE2 and every version prior but I can't get the darn thing to work on BUF5. What did you use to compress it into a tar file?

Reactions: Jerry12798

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
Okay. I finally gave up and just modified the whole AP.tar file for BUF5. It flashed just fine and Magisk updated everything on first boot. So I am now rooted on BUF5 and up to date. The only downside was it takes longer to transfer the huge AP file twice. But it only took about 5 minutes total combined.

Jerry12798

That would be great. Because I just tried again with no luck at all. I am using Odin Odin3_v3.14.4. It works fine on version BUE2 and every version prior but I can't get the darn thing to work on BUF5. What did you use to compress it into a tar file?
Here you go.. be sure to flash as AP with the appropriate BL and HOME_CSC from the stock firmware as well. I used 7Zip for compression by the way.

Last edited:

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
Here you go.. be sure to flash as AP with the appropriate BL and HOME_CSC from the stock firmware as well. I used 7Zip for compression by the way.
Thank you for your help. But I got it working by modifying the whole AP file. Also, my security software flagged your file hosting site as a known phishing and malware site. So I am not accessing it. Just a heads up.

Reactions: Jerry12798

Jerry12798

Thank you for your help. But I got it working by modifying the whole AP file. Also, my security software flagged your file hosting site as a known phishing and malware site. So I am not accessing it. Just a heads up.
Super strange.. it's just androidhost.ru.. the flag is probably due to them not monitoring the files uploaded so therefore if someone hosts something malicious it can make it look like their the bad ones. I had tried uploading it here but for some reason once I clicked post my attachment disappeared. I then was going to use anonfiles but was getting an error.

Reactions: pastorbob62

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
Super strange.. it's just androidhost.ru.. the flag is probably due to them not monitoring the files uploaded so therefore if someone hosts something malicious it can make it look like their the bad ones. I had tried uploading it here but for some reason once I clicked post my attachment disappeared. I then was going to use anonfiles but was getting an error.
I have issues in the past with my security software blocking sites that are safe. Usually it depends on how badly I need the file as to whether I override the warning. Where are you located?

Marx71

Oct 8, 2020
Eastern USA

I know what you mean though.. I usually use Mega.nz but it's full right now.

Eastern USA

I know what you mean though.. I usually use Mega.nz but it's full right now.
hi to all guys i am a new user and i would like to have some information .... the patched boot file must be from the XAR region or is it good for others? I have SM-T870 EUX T870XXS2BUC1 firmware. Okay this post here XAR? thanks in advance Marcello

Jerry12798

hi to all guys i am a new user and i would like to have some information .... the patched boot file must be from the XAR region or is it good for others? I have SM-T870 EUX T870XXS2BUC1 firmware. Okay this post here XAR? thanks in advance Marcello
That's fine.. it will work so long as it's bootloader is unlockable and you use the corresponding firmware files for it.

Top Liked Posts