Patched Odin 3.13.1

Search This thread

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
I have J737T1 Pie edition. I was managed to patched boot img with magisk. so to flash it with Odin do I need cache?or magisk patched img.tar? Also I don't have the oem toggle option on developers . It's not there !

This question is better suited for the specific device (J737T1) threads elsewhere on XDA. Also look to the magisk thread for help. Good luck.

realBBB
Dark Heroes

Smil3yWulf

Jan 25, 2015
So odin didn't flash my patched boot. See attachment.

Attachments

• 20210224_111748.jpg
    20210224_111748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
kowofa.me
NAND ERASE / Re-Partition with PIT on G970F/DS
please what's the best approach to properly do a nand erase / re-partition using pit.
I have tried a couple of versions of odin and with the right pit; but it doesn't seems to work.
I still end up with the same issue. the issue is illustrated below.
Magisk is still in boot after completely uninstall
The issue is that, there is somehow some leftovers of magisk, so even after doing a full a odin flash; I can't boot directly to OS. Unless with magisk combo. This put me in a state that I can't flash unpatched FW & the power button doesn't turn on the phone until i use the magisk key combo.

So i thought the option for me is to do a full nand erase / re-partition of FW.
If there are other ways to completely uninstall magisk too from boot, (so i can boot directly too i will be happy to hear).
Current setup on DTL1 (Android 10) with lineage_magisk_patched_recovery on EvoX (Android 11)

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
NAND ERASE / Re-Partition with PIT on G970F/DS
please what's the best approach to properly do a nand erase / re-partition using pit.
I have tried a couple of versions of odin and with the right pit; but it doesn't seems to work.
I still end up with the same issue. the issue is illustrated below.
Magisk is still in boot after completely uninstall
The issue is that, there is somehow some leftovers of magisk, so even after doing a full a odin flash; I can't boot directly to OS. Unless with magisk combo. This put me in a state that I can't flash unpatched FW & the power button doesn't turn on the phone until i use the magisk key combo.

So i thought the option for me is to do a full nand erase / re-partition of FW.
If there are other ways to completely uninstall magisk too from boot, (so i can boot directly too i will be happy to hear).
Current setup on DTL1 (Android 10) with lineage_magisk_patched_recovery on EvoX (Android 11)

I am not familiar with what magisk does to the partitions to become survivable through a full factory flash. It does not appear to be an issue with odin, but rather an issue with the firmware. Read the logs and see that everything is successfully flashed. Otherwise, continue to check with device specific and magisk XDA threads for support.

REALbbb
Blue Fall

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
kowofa.me
I am not familiar with what magisk does to the partitions to become survivable through a full factory flash. It does not appear to be an issue with odin, but rather an issue with the firmware. Read the logs and see that everything is successfully flashed. Otherwise, continue to check with device specific and magisk XDA threads for support.

REALbbb
Blue Fall
I know specifically well that it not an issue with Odin, But I need approach on how to properly flash with nand erase or re-partition and PIT added with Odin. Or it's with Samsung FW that now nand erase / re-partition doesn't really do as it is supposed to do. If you check logs too it says as expected. Thank you.

mangjun

Feb 24, 2021
hello, just a noob questions.....

I have an "unlocked" t-Mobile S20 5G (SM-G981U) and wanted to flash it with the SM-G981U1 to removed all the carrier bloats...and I read it will only be possible using a patched odin.

1. do i need the two (2) odin3 zip files? original "odin3 v3.14.1" and the "odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD"? do i need to overwrite some files and rename others? how do I go about it?
2. My current firmware is "TMB-G981USQU1CTLB" is it ok to flash it with "XAA-G981U1UES1CUA2" and is it the latest firmware for G981U1?
3. After the full flash with (XAA) G981U1...if I restore the backup...will it brings back the old firmware and carrier bloats?

Thank you

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
hello, just a noob questions.....

I have an "unlocked" t-Mobile S20 5G (SM-G981U) and wanted to flash it with the SM-G981U1 to removed all the carrier bloats...and I read it will only be possible using a patched odin.

1. do i need the two (2) odin3 zip files? original "odin3 v3.14.1" and the "odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD"? do i need to overwrite some files and rename others? how do I go about it?
2. My current firmware is "TMB-G981USQU1CTLB" is it ok to flash it with "XAA-G981U1UES1CUA2" and is it the latest firmware for G981U1?
3. After the full flash with (XAA) G981U1...if I restore the backup...will it brings back the old firmware and carrier bloats?

Thank you

1. Only "odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD" is needed.
2. I recommend that the sim port be unlocked prior to flashing XAA (unlocked) firmware. No idea of the latest firmware. Check the specific XDA device threads.
3. I would not restore a backup from a different version. You can try it, but It can cause issues.

realBBB
Square Pine

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
gd day, i am trying to patch my tab a7. No matter what version of Odin i use there is no device in the com ports identified...

Sounds like a USB port, cable, or driver issue. Try a different port, cable, or computer. Also, check in device specific xda threads for possible solutions.

Realbbb
Zero Flyer

Reactions: vvouliotis

elpek

Mar 18, 2016
antalya
hi, i have problem. I tried to flash twrp with normal odin to my note 9 ( n960f) and because of frp lock i forgot, the famous error of " an error occured while updating the device software" occured and i can't go to download mode. If i can go to download mode will it be possible to just flash twrp without flashing whole firmware with this patched odin, because i have stuff that i don't want to lose in the phone. Thank you

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
hi, i have problem. I tried to flash twrp with normal odin to my note 9 ( n960f) and because of frp lock i forgot, the famous error of " an error occured while updating the device software" occured and i can't go to download mode. If i can go to download mode will it be possible to just flash twrp without flashing whole firmware with this patched odin, because i have stuff that i don't want to lose in the phone. Thank you

As I understand, there is no way to correct the bad flash without download mode. Work on getting into download mode again. Then flash the original parts of your firmware to get back to booting up normal and this time save your stuff before flashing anything. Flashing firmware always runs risks of losing your personal phone data.
Be sure to search for XDA threads for people in similar predicaments.

realbbb
Loudly Blue

Reactions: elpek

AdilW

Mar 18, 2021
Hi,
Phone model - SM-G950U, GCF/GCF/TMB.
Currently, I am in the UK using O2, the sim works, The phone carrier unlocked
The phone's firmware is android 8.0, receiving no OTA updates. I wish to flash to the latest firmware (Android 9).
Should I flash to the latest firmware of SM-G950U TMB, SM-G950U1 TMB, or SM-G950U1 XAA?
Also, should the firmware I download be binary or not?
Thank you.

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
Yes, patched odin will flash it. One recommendation: I would avoid going up in versions with the flash that is new to you. You want to be able to go back, if there is a firmware-hardware compatibility issue with what firmware you found.
I finally took the plunge to flash the 965-F firmware onto my 965-N. Downloaded the Australian version of the firmware from Sammobile, installed USB drivers, used your patched Odin, added the various files where they belong, booted my S9+ into download mode connected, Odin registered the phone and then hit start. Only took a second before I got a FAIL. It said 'repartitioning operation failed'. It was then stuck in download mode, but on 4th or 5th try pressing volume up + power, I eventually got it out of download mode.

Any ideas as to why this didn't work?

Edit: I compared the firmware file sizes between the 965F & 965N and there is a huge difference. It seems that I also need the correct PIT file to flash the 965F firmware to enable appropriate repartitioning. How do I get the correct PIT file for a 256 GB Galaxy S9+ SM-965F??? Tried the changing CSC file into a zip file but it won't open :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally took the plunge to flash the 965-F firmware onto my 965-N. Downloaded the Australian version of the firmware from Sammobile, installed USB drivers, used your patched Odin, added the various files where they belong, booted my S9+ into download mode connected, Odin registered the phone and then hit start. Only took a second before I got a FAIL. It said 'repartitioning operation failed'. It was then stuck in download mode, but on 4th or 5th try pressing volume up + power, I eventually got it out of download mode.

Any ideas as to why this didn't work?

Edit: I compared the firmware file sizes between the 965F & 965N and there is a huge difference. It seems that I also need the correct PIT file to flash the 965F firmware to enable appropriate repartitioning. How do I get the correct PIT file for a 256 GB Galaxy S9+ SM-965F??? Tried the changing CSC file into a zip file but it won't open :(

Never have tried F on an N device. Also never experienced the repartitioning failure. I would imagine it is either incompatible or missing pit.

The pit is in the CSC tar. This is not a zip, but a TAR type compression. Find support for TAR to extract it.

BBB
    Bring Unsplit
    For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
    - Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
    - Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u.
    - additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
    - able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
    - Confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
    "FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
    +20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
    +2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows sourced from henklbr
    +20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods (android 10 aka android Q)! A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many original/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
    Caution #2 - There is a newer 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be a hacked version 3.14.1 (same filesize); has internal modifications and includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll)! I would suggest that it be avoided.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
    Walking Domestic
    Thanks. I wanted to firmware back to G950w from G950u using Oreo and found it. Really appreciate your hard work
    Hey mate,
    Just a quick question / concern .. Just ran an analysis on your file here -> link
    While I can't see too many differences after unzipping your exe and running a comparison with a hex editor against your original odin you provided .. still the online analysis results do make me ask the question
    "please explain?"
    Online analysis of your original odin provided is here -> link

Please note that Eudummy did not run reverse it on the OP attached executable file. The sha256, executable type, and file size do not match the file he tested at his provided link. I am wondering why he would test a different file with the same filename? Just a plug for reverse it? Anywho... To help calm others...

The patches/changes are:
    Operationally I patched as indicated in the OP (encryption and model fails).
    All other changes are visual. ie. main graphic bar, version code, and url text/address.

That is it. Simple and has helped many to flash their phones!

¡realBBB!
    Not Your Mate
    Thanks, thought my firmware was bad since it wouldn't flash with the previous odin. This worked perfect. I used this to flash my galaxy s9+ from U1 to VZW.
    Added 3.13.3 3B Patched to the OP. Merry Christmas!

realBBB
    Tix Under
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone