• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Patched Odin 3.13.1

Search This thread

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
- Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u.
- additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
- able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
- Confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
"FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
"FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
"FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
+20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
+2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows sourced from henklbr
+20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods (android 10 aka android Q)! A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many original/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
Caution #2 - There is a newer 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be a hacked version 3.14.1 (same filesize); has internal modifications and includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll)! I would suggest that it be avoided.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic
Hey Thanks so much only this Patchen version worked to Flash the S7, i dont understan why the official Version of Odin dosent work (error SHA256) . anyway thank YOU !

Reactions: realbbb

allc0re

Jul 16, 2011
I'm attempting to flash a Galaxy S7 back to stock firmware (Marshmallow version). It has worked on every S7 I've attempted as late as 2019. Now today it is not working on an S7. Did Samsung prevent this flash method somehow?

Here is my output from patched Odin:
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 5192 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> emmc_appsboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> lksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/003> xbl.elf
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

davedes

May 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi

Please help

1. Would I be able to flash Samsung stock firmware on my S21 from the same CSC (XFA to XFE) using this patched version of Odin? XFE being on newer firmware, July update.

2. Will this permanently change the CSC on my S21 from XFA to XFE to receive future OTA updates?

3. Will knox be tripped?

For some reason S21 devices using XFE receive more frequent updates than XFA in my country.

Last edited:

kingrohan

Apr 29, 2013
Allahabad
For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
- Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
- confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
- flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
+20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
+2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
+20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
Caution #2 - There is a hoax 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be version 3.14.1; same filesize, has internal resource modifications to report newer than 3.14.1, and often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic
Just a noob question, I want to flash stock firmware on my phone, not changing csc or anything, my phone is international unlocked version G975F.
Should I use 3.14.1 patched version or clean original version..???

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Just a noob question, I want to flash stock firmware on my phone, not changing csc or anything, my phone is international unlocked version G975F.
Should I use 3.14.1 patched version or clean original version..???
Either 3.14.1 will work; The original 3.14.1 will make more sure your downloaded firmware is intended for your phone.

RealBBB
Bee Thing

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Hi

Please help

1. Would I be able to flash Samsung stock firmware on my S21 from the same CSC (XFA to XFE) using this patched version of Odin? XFE being on newer firmware, July update.
Yes. As long as the bootloader version is the same or newer.
2. Will this permanently change the CSC on my S21 from XFA to XFE to receive future OTA updates?
Phone is permanently marked the original csc. However, this does not mean you can't flash the other csc firmware. The phone will operate as if the csc firmware was the original csc. Tools will report originally XFA/XFA/XFA. Flashing the other firmware would report XFE/XFE/XFA.

3. Will knox be tripped?

For some reason S21 devices using XFE receive more frequent updates than XFA in my country.
It should not.

RealBBB
Zero Rocks

Reactions: davedes

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I'm attempting to flash a Galaxy S7 back to stock firmware (Marshmallow version). It has worked on every S7 I've attempted as late as 2019. Now today it is not working on an S7. Did Samsung prevent this flash method somehow?

Here is my output from patched Odin:
<ID:0/003> xbl.elf
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Likely a version issue. Could be phone's flash failing (s7 are getting old). Make sure you are flashing the correct security version (same or newer).

RealBBB
Up Left

kingrohan

Apr 29, 2013
Allahabad

Be careful flashing!

+20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
Caution #2 - There is a hoax 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be version 3.14.1; same filesize, has internal resource modifications to report newer than 3.14.1, and often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1.

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic
Hello,
I am having a weird problem since last year.
I don't know if its the right place to ask for a solution but here goes.

Last year after the march update(Android 10) on my G975F (INS) I was having battery drain problems, so i decided to use Odin to flash the firmware downloaded via Sammobile.
A day after the flash, out of no where, the UI started stuttering. Like, swiping down from the notification panel, switching between apps, scrolling in app drawer etc.
So, I flashed the firmware again, factory reset but still the stuttering exists.
I thought it could be a hardware issue, so I flashed my then smooth AF tab s4, and the same thing happened, My tab s4 which was buttery smooth before also became stuttery.

Here is the bunch of things that I have tried,

Different cables
Different odin versions
3 Seperate Pc
made sure that I have the latest drivers
also used frija and samloader to download firmware.
and Uncountable number of factory resets via setting, recovery or using CSC in odin.

I am really disappointed seeing other people with same device having buttery smooth UI.
What did I do wrong, and how can I rectify it.

Last edited:

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Hello,
I am having a weird problem since last year.
I don't know if its the right place to ask for a solution but here goes.

Last year after the march update(Android 10) on my G975F (INS) I was having battery drain problems, so i decided to use Odin to flash the firmware downloaded via Sammobile.
A day after the flash, out of no where, the UI started stuttering. Like, swiping down from the notification panel, switching between apps, scrolling in app drawer etc.
So, I flashed the firmware again, factory reset but still the stuttering exists.
I thought it could be a hardware issue, so I flashed my then smooth AF tab s4, and the same thing happened, My tab s4 which was buttery smooth before also became stuttery.

Here is the bunch of things that I have tried,

Different cables
Different odin versions
3 Seperate Pc
made sure that I have the latest drivers
also used frija and samloader to download firmware.
and Uncountable number of factory resets via setting, recovery or using CSC in odin.

I am really disappointed seeing other people with same device having buttery smooth UI.
What did I do wrong, and how can I rectify it.

A quick search of the internet shows you are not alone with the S10+ or Tab S4 lag/stuttering issues. Even firmware releases call out attempts by Samsung to address the lag/stuttering of those devices.

That being said, it does not appear to be an issue with odin or patched odin. Odin and patched odin still transmit with verification in fidelity (failures can indicate cable or usb port issues, ie flash failures). You did not experience this.

Things to look into:
Double check your firmware downloaded. Obtain latest stock, that was originally on the devices.
Try booting safe mode. If it clears up the issue, it is likely 3rd party apps.
Fresh flash/installs are often optimizing at first boot up. Be sure to wait out this optimizing. Let the device settle before adding accounts, apps, etc.

Definitely follow up with the XDA threads that specifically address your hardware.

realbbb
Soft Falling

Reactions: kingrohan

kingrohan

Apr 29, 2013
Allahabad
A quick search of the internet shows you are not alone with the S10+ or Tab S4 lag/stuttering issues. Even firmware releases call out attempts by Samsung to address the lag/stuttering of those devices.

That being said, it does not appear to be an issue with odin or patched odin. Odin and patched odin still transmit with verification in fidelity (failures can indicate cable or usb port issues, ie flash failures). You did not experience this.

Things to look into:
Double check your firmware downloaded. Obtain latest stock, that was originally on the devices.
Try booting safe mode. If it clears up the issue, it is likely 3rd party apps.
Fresh flash/installs are often optimizing at first boot up. Be sure to wait out this optimizing. Let the device settle before adding accounts, apps, etc.

Definitely follow up with the XDA threads that specifically address your hardware.

realbbb
Soft Falling
I have downloaded the firmware from multiple sources, but they are all the same.
It happens even without apps, I have waited for months.
Last factory reset was in April but still the issue is there.
One thing I forgot to mention, updating through smart switch makes the stuttering go away by 50%.
But If I flash the same firmware again via odin, the heavy stuttering is back.
What could be the reason, doesn't smartswitch also uses odin..???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i think he meant by modem.bin in a tar without md5
    Should be a tar archive with modem.bin inside.

realbbb
    Heavy Balloon
    will flashing F916B on a F916U1 work?

same as F926B on F926U1?

Check the specific xda forum for the devices. As long as the hardware is the same; should be fine.

Realbbb
    Soon Trooper
    thank you!

1. btw, since it's flashing different variant but the same model and hardware, do i still need to flash AP & BL & CP & CSC or i could simply just flash the CSC or HOME_CSC only?
    Recommended to flash all when changing models.

2. OR can i selectively flash only the CP and HOME_CSC because it contains the configuration needed for the bands.
    Flashing parts is possible, but it is hit and miss; usually not met with much success.

3. is there anything to take note of when flashing different variant? do i need to change the CSC first before flashing a different CSC region/variant?

thanks in advanced!
    CSC changes with specific builds and sim cards. Flash the firmware with the desired csc support you want.

Be careful with security versions (ie bootloader, etc). Can only flash equal or higher; no going lower once incremented.

There also is a now utilized PIT implementation that is blocking some devices from model changes. It results with "Re-Partition operation failed". Have not found a solution for this one yet.

Realbbb
    Deep Cloud
    I just discovered that Fold3 doesn't have CDMA portion enabled in the radio whereas S21 being on the same 888 chipset does. Would it be possible to tweak Odin to be able to flash radios made for the same chipsets? (e. g flash AP from S21 on Fold3)
    The modem is in CP.

It has been years since I have frankenstein'd firmware. A pieced together firmware may work? And as long as download mode is available, one can flash back to stock (keeping security levels the same). Do let us know of your success or failure.

Have you checked with the xda thread for the fold3?

I may need to obtain a testing phone to work out if this can be patched in odin. Time will tell.

Realbbb
    Cleverly Frogged
    The modem is in CP.

It has been years since I have frankenstein'd firmware. A pieced together firmware may work? And as long as download mode is available, one can flash back to stock (keeping security levels the same). Do let us know of your success or failure.

Have you checked with the xda thread for the fold3?

I may need to obtain a testing phone to work out if this can be patched in odin. Time will tell.

Realbbb
    Cleverly Frogged
    hi Realbbb,

didn't know this can be done. everywhere i read, everyone was saying you have to flash everything.

hopefully this can be done. i too believe it's possible as long as the required files are not distributed across the binaries, AP, BL etc.

any idea where esim is located? while extracting the binaries, i see esim in the extraction.

I'm sure the snapdragon 888 x60 modem supports every 5g bands just restricted regionally via configuration. the omission of esim in US models can be activated via some software.

apk comparison between xaa and xsp firmware, respectively.

Be careful flashing!

¡BBB!
    Walking Domestic
    Hey mate,
    Just a quick question / concern .. Just ran an analysis on your file here -> link
    While I can't see too many differences after unzipping your exe and running a comparison with a hex editor against your original odin you provided .. still the online analysis results do make me ask the question
    "please explain?"
    Online analysis of your original odin provided is here -> link

Please note that Eudummy did not run reverse it on the OP attached executable file. The sha256, executable type, and file size do not match the file he tested at his provided link. I am wondering why he would test a different file with the same filename? Just a plug for reverse it? Anywho... To help calm others...

The patches/changes are:
    Operationally I patched as indicated in the OP (encryption and model fails).
    All other changes are visual. ie. main graphic bar, version code, and url text/address.

That is it. Simple and has helped many to flash their phones!

¡realBBB!
    Not Your Mate
    Thanks. I wanted to firmware back to G950w from G950u using Oreo and found it. Really appreciate your hard work
    Thanks, thought my firmware was bad since it wouldn't flash with the previous odin. This worked perfect. I used this to flash my galaxy s9+ from U1 to VZW.
    Added 3.13.3 3B Patched to the OP. Merry Christmas!

realBBB
    Tix Under