• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

topper89

Aug 11, 2021
Hello, i try to switch from sm-g9810 (chinese) to sm-g981u1 (USA) to get all my Google and Samsung apps pre installed, because it seems that the Chinese version hadn't them installed, but the flash always failed.

So I tried to switch within the same region form Chinese to Taiwan an it worked without any problems, I used the patched Odin Version.

Can somebody help me?

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Hello, i try to switch from sm-g9810 (chinese) to sm-g981u1 (USA) to get all my Google and Samsung apps pre installed, because it seems that the Chinese version hadn't them installed, but the flash always failed.

So I tried to switch within the same region form Chinese to Taiwan an it worked without any problems, I used the patched Odin Version.

Can somebody help me?

Can not flash older bootloader. U1 currently on 2 and 0 currently on 3. Keep 0 at 3 and wait for u1 to release 3; then try again. Report back with specific error to rule out odin.

Be sure to check XDA threads for your specific hardware.

RealBBB
Falling Bear

Reactions: topper89

ShAd0W_z0nE

Jan 24, 2014
Thessaloniki
Hello I clicked on the link to donate and I can't. I got this error : "This recipient only accepts PayPal payments through its Web site. To complete this payment, go to the recipient's Web site and follow the instructions, or email the recipient for instructions."

prince_72

Nov 15, 2008
I have a small problem with the patched version. I am trying to cross flass a S20 FE 5G from the W model to the U1 model.
I have done that multiple times for s9, s10, s10+, note10+ but now it fails saying that the repartition failed. Both firmares for the W and U1 are on 4 security level. Do we know if odin works on those firmware releases and/or on that model S20 FE 5G?

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I have a small problem with the patched version. I am trying to cross flass a S20 FE 5G from the W model to the U1 model.
I have done that multiple times for s9, s10, s10+, note10+ but now it fails saying that the repartition failed. Both firmares for the W and U1 are on 4 security level. Do we know if odin works on those firmware releases and/or on that model S20 FE 5G?
Do not recall issues. Make sure to also add the proper pit in the pit tab.

Check out the device specific xda threads for additional pointers.

Bbb
Low Verticals

prince_72

Nov 15, 2008
Do not recall issues. Make sure to also add the proper pit in the pit tab.

Check out the device specific xda threads for additional pointers.

Bbb
Low Verticals
I am checking the other forums I just wonder if the patched version still works at the latest version of firmware
Also I have used a pit file and the result is the same

prince_72

Nov 15, 2008
Reflashing the original firmware (G781WVLU4DUG8) with the patched version works just fine.
I am trying to reflash with the patched version the US unlocked U1 (G781U1UEU4DUG1) where both
firmwares are on the same security level does not work.
I extracted the PIT from the CSC and I added as well and again it did not work. I have the re-partition fail error

kingrohan

Apr 29, 2013
Allahabad
For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
- Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
- additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
- able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
- confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
- flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
"FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
"FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
"FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
+20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
+2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
+20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
Caution #2 - There is a hoax 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be version 3.14.1; same filesize, has internal resource modifications to report newer than 3.14.1, and often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic
Which version is the best to flash stock rom (Android 11) on S10 plus exynos..???

jemfalor

Check the specific xda forum for the devices. As long as the hardware is the same; should be fine.

Realbbb
Soon Trooper
thank you!

1. btw, since it's flashing different variant but the same model and hardware, do i still need to flash AP & BL & CP & CSC or i could simply just flash the CSC or HOME_CSC only?

2. OR can i selectively flash only the CP and HOME_CSC because it contains the configuration needed for the bands.

3. is there anything to take note of when flashing different variant? do i need to change the CSC first before flashing a different CSC region/variant?

thanks in advanced!

Last edited:

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
thank you!

1. btw, since it's flashing different variant but the same model and hardware, do i still need to flash AP & BL & CP & CSC or i could simply just flash the CSC or HOME_CSC only?
Recommended to flash all when changing models.

2. OR can i selectively flash only the CP and HOME_CSC because it contains the configuration needed for the bands.
Flashing parts is possible, but it is hit and miss; usually not met with much success.

3. is there anything to take note of when flashing different variant? do i need to change the CSC first before flashing a different CSC region/variant?

thanks in advanced!
CSC changes with specific builds and sim cards. Flash the firmware with the desired csc support you want.

Be careful with security versions (ie bootloader, etc). Can only flash equal or higher; no going lower once incremented.

There also is a now utilized PIT implementation that is blocking some devices from model changes. It results with "Re-Partition operation failed". Have not found a solution for this one yet.

Realbbb
Deep Cloud

Reactions: jemfalor

jemfalor

Recommended to flash all when changing models.

Flashing parts is possible, but it is hit and miss; usually not met with much success.

CSC changes with specific builds and sim cards. Flash the firmware with the desired csc support you want.

Be careful with security versions (ie bootloader, etc). Can only flash equal or higher; no going lower once incremented.

There also is a now utilized PIT implementation that is blocking some devices from model changes. It results with "Re-Partition operation failed". Have not found a solution for this one yet.

Realbbb
Deep Cloud

regarding the above points, does it cause a brick? is it recoverable?

i understand i have to remove google and samsung account before flashing, including removing screen lock. is there anything else i need to take note besides this?

once all points are clear, i'll proceed with the flashing.. will return back with steps on how to do it =D (only if successful)

thanks again!

jemfalor

thank you!

thanks in advanced!
just tried flashing with CSC, getting "Re-Partition operation failed."

unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
    - Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
    - Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
    - additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
    - able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
    - confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
    - flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
    "FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
    +20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
    +2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
    +20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
    Caution #2 - There is a hoax 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be version 3.14.1; same filesize, has internal resource modifications to report newer than 3.14.1, and often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
    Walking Domestic
    Hey mate,
    Just a quick question / concern .. Just ran an analysis on your file here -> link
    While I can't see too many differences after unzipping your exe and running a comparison with a hex editor against your original odin you provided .. still the online analysis results do make me ask the question
    "please explain?"
    Online analysis of your original odin provided is here -> link

Please note that Eudummy did not run reverse it on the OP attached executable file. The sha256, executable type, and file size do not match the file he tested at his provided link. I am wondering why he would test a different file with the same filename? Just a plug for reverse it? Anywho... To help calm others...

The patches/changes are:
    Operationally I patched as indicated in the OP (encryption and model fails).
    All other changes are visual. ie. main graphic bar, version code, and url text/address.

That is it. Simple and has helped many to flash their phones!

¡realBBB!
    Not Your Mate
    Thanks. I wanted to firmware back to G950w from G950u using Oreo and found it. Really appreciate your hard work
    Thanks, thought my firmware was bad since it wouldn't flash with the previous odin. This worked perfect. I used this to flash my galaxy s9+ from U1 to VZW.
    Added 3.13.3 3B Patched to the OP. Merry Christmas!

realBBB
    Tix Under