Search This thread

GabHM

Sep 30, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Glad you have another thread about this error, since the error is with the phone and not odin. Though, all else fails; it may be a phone issue that would require a trip to Samsung.

RealBBB
Storm Door
Am aware that it would require a trip to Samsung but they won't help with getting the phone to boot with its current data again. Part of their repair procedure is to wipe the phone, which I could do myself right now.
EDIT: If you have any more ideas, would appreciate if you could drop them in my thread

about A52S EUB

EUB.PNG

so you can flash one of these firmware CSC

A528B OXM.PNG

Rocky7842

Apr 27, 2022
The g991u can successfully cross flash to g991u1 with patched odin. Be aware of binary increments; can't go backwards.

Realbbb
Plastic Razor
Thanks for the reply.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.
My device is a s21 ultra G998U with CSC TMB. All I need to do is take the G998U1 full firmware with CSC XAA(of course same bit version), flash everything through your patched odin, then it should work. Right? No bootloader unlock or anything else necessary.

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Thanks for the reply.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.
My device is a s21 ultra G998U with CSC TMB. All I need to do is take the G998U1 full firmware with CSC XAA(of course same bit version), flash everything through your patched odin, then it should work. Right? No bootloader unlock or anything else necessary.
Correct. Do not use home version when cross flashing. Enjoy your phone without the carrier bloat!
TMB.. I recommend that you unlock the sim port with the proprietary t mobile app prior to flashing to u1.

RealBBB
Blank Bands

Reactions: Rocky7842

KKYASIR

Jul 28, 2012
Abha
I have SM-G781W Canadian version, but it doesn't support Arabic language, can i install another region official firmware via Patched Odin .. i tried but it failed

<ID:0/013> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/013> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/013> File analysis..
<ID:0/013> Total Binary size: 9842 M
<ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/013> Initialzation..
<ID:0/013> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/013> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/013>
<ID:0/013> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
G781WVLU6FVI2 SM-G781W_NA_XAC_QKEY5 SRPTG08A006
G781BXXU4FVI1 SM-G781B_EUR_XX_QKEY3 SRPTG02C004

Bit versions are different. W is b6 and B is b4. Can't downgrade binary versions. Only same or increment, not down.

QKEYs and SRPs are different. Every time I have seen these not matching, flash fails; even with patched odin.

realBBB
Tele Thought

Reactions: KKYASIR

KKYASIR

Jul 28, 2012
Abha

Bit versions are different. W is b6 and B is b4. Can't downgrade binary versions. Only same or increment, not down.

QKEYs and SRPs are different. Every time I have seen these not matching, flash fails; even with patched odin.

realBBB
Tele Thought
is there any possible way to flash any other region ROM , i just need Arabic language as default

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
is there any possible way to flash any other region ROM , i just need Arabic language as default
They locked down the s20 fe pretty hard. However, if you find a firmware with a compatible qkey and srp, then it would be possible to flash. Be sure to check xda threads about your specific device. They might have something there.

RealBBB
High Evolution

Reactions: KKYASIR

U0I

Oct 27, 2022
So you can't downgrade to lower firmware versions with a different binary number? I want to downgrade my sm a600fn (android 10 to 8) but I have U9 and the other firmware

realBBB
Tele Thought

has U5. Is it possible to downgrade even with the patched odin tool

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
So you can't downgrade to lower firmware versions with a different binary number? I want to downgrade my sm a600fn (android 10 to 8) but I have U9 and the other firmware

has U5. Is it possible to downgrade even with the patched odin tool
Locked bootloader: The phone will stop a flash from U9 to U5; even with the patched odin tool.
Unlocked bootloader: It may be possible. Check the specific XDA threads for your hardware.

RealBBB
Lovely Lavender

U0I

Oct 27, 2022
No, it is not possible. But you also would not brick your device by trying. The flash would simply fail, and an error message would display both in Odin and on the phone screen
Ohh. Thanks. I wanted to downgrade because no matter how many factory resets I perform, the call app wont work and my overall device is slower ever since I upgraded. Some other users on XDA say that you can downgrade but others say you can't.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Ohh. Thanks. I wanted to downgrade because no matter how many factory resets I perform, the call app wont work and my overall device is slower ever since I upgraded. Some other users on XDA say that you can downgrade but others say you can't.
You can only downgrade to the oldest release of your current bootloader level. You can never go back to an older bootloader level

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
    - Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
    - Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
    - additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
    - able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
    - confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
    - flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA
    - confirmed S22 S901U VZW to S901U1 XAA

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
    "FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
    +20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
    +20191218 - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
    +20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.

Caution #2 - All v3.14.4 are hoax/fake versions of odin. It is version 3.14.1; same filesize (and one other variant in size, due to larger resource changes). All have internal resource modifications to report 3.14.4. Often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1. See post here for more detail.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
    Walking Domestic
    Hey mate,
    Just a quick question / concern .. Just ran an analysis on your file here -> link
    While I can't see too many differences after unzipping your exe and running a comparison with a hex editor against your original odin you provided .. still the online analysis results do make me ask the question
    "please explain?"
    Online analysis of your original odin provided is here -> link

Please note that Eudummy did not run reverse it on the OP attached executable file. The sha256, executable type, and file size do not match the file he tested at his provided link. I am wondering why he would test a different file with the same filename? Just a plug for reverse it? Anywho... To help calm others...

The patches/changes are:
    Operationally I patched as indicated in the OP (encryption and model fails).
    All other changes are visual. ie. main graphic bar, version code, and url text/address.

That is it. Simple and has helped many to flash their phones!

¡realBBB!
    Not Your Mate
    Thanks. I wanted to firmware back to G950w from G950u using Oreo and found it. Really appreciate your hard work
    Thanks, thought my firmware was bad since it wouldn't flash with the previous odin. This worked perfect. I used this to flash my galaxy s9+ from U1 to VZW.
    Added 3.13.3 3B Patched to the OP. Merry Christmas!

realBBB
    Tix Under