Search This thread

vanquish28

Sep 26, 2019
Edit: Got it to PASS on Odin, but powering off/going back to recovery does not have TWRP program in recovery, still showing the factory.

Doesn't work for version Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD. Samsung USB Drivers installed, confirmed with Device manager. Converted IMG (twrp-gts7xl-3.5.0_10-A11_3_ianmacd.tar.md5) to TAR Md5. Made sure Auto-Restart is unchecked. Tab s7+ in Downloading Mode. Odbin detects tablet. When I click Start, it does not do anything, then closes.

Attachments

• odim_01.PNG
    odim_01.PNG
    82.9 KB · Views: 99
  • samsung_drivers.png
    samsung_drivers.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 88
  • odim_02_fail.PNG
    odim_02_fail.PNG
    94 KB · Views: 84
  • odim_02_pass.png
    odim_02_pass.png
    98 KB · Views: 83
  • tablet_download.jpg
    tablet_download.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Edit: Got it to PASS on Odin, but powering off/going back to recovery does not have TWRP program in recovery, still showing the factory.

Doesn't work for version Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD. Samsung USB Drivers installed, confirmed with Device manager. Converted IMG (twrp-gts7xl-3.5.0_10-A11_3_ianmacd.tar.md5) to TAR Md5. Made sure Auto-Restart is unchecked. Tab s7+ in Downloading Mode. Odbin detects tablet. When I click Start, it does not do anything, then closes.

No issue with patched odin. It flashed. However, tablet has routine to overwrite with stock factory recovery. Need to stop that routine to keep twrp. Check xda device forum for your device or find steps that you can adapt to your needs. Hint - or go to recovery without powering off; good for one twrp run.

Realbbb
Yes Marching

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
I have bought a S9+ on eBay which is the Korean G965N version. I thought it would make little difference in day to day use, but I constantly encounter Korean stuff that I can't get rid of. I had a thorough read through the various threads on xda and it seems that I should be able to flash a G965F Australia stock firmware via the patched Odin as the hardware is identical and the patched Odin will ignore the model miss-matches, correct?!

I have used Odin before, so I am familiar with the process which is pretty simple. I am just a tad concerned that I have missed something and decided to post here. Any comments, warnings, etc. would be appreciated.

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I have bought a S9+ on eBay which is the Korean G965N version. I thought it would make little difference in day to day use, but I constantly encounter Korean stuff that I can't get rid of. I had a thorough read through the various threads on xda and it seems that I should be able to flash a G965F Australia stock firmware via the patched Odin as the hardware is identical and the patched Odin will ignore the model miss-matches, correct?!

I have used Odin before, so I am familiar with the process which is pretty simple. I am just a tad concerned that I have missed something and decided to post here. Any comments, warnings, etc. would be appreciated.

Yes, patched odin will flash it. One recommendation: I would avoid going up in versions with the flash that is new to you. You want to be able to go back, if there is a firmware-hardware compatibility issue with what firmware you found.

3B
Never Buried

Reactions: mormopterus

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
You want to be able to go back, if there is a firmware-hardware compatibility issue with what firmware you found.

Thanks, good to know! Theoretically, there shouldn't be any hardware compatibility issues providing this is correct:

idrishannan12

Feb 16, 2021
Hi thank u soo much for ur help guyz i have s10 my bro bought frm United states i live in india my model nu was sm-g973u since 1year i am unable to update my phone today i did it with patched odin
S10 sm-g973u to sm-g973u1 done i m really happy i was trying this to do since 1year but every time i try i used to fail in that with latest odin ver.

Reactions: realbbb

Jack143

Jul 5, 2009
Hello xda community, do any anyone know the difference between N986USQS1CTLC_N986UOYN1CTLC_VZW and N986USQS1CTLC_N986UOYN1CTLC_USC. I have a Verizon note 20 ultra with a locked bootloader and want to know if I can flash either firmware without a problem, both roms came up when I searched for Verizon. Also is it possible to flash the SM-N986U1 firmwares to the SM-N986U for Verizon.

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Hello xda community, do any anyone know the difference between N986USQS1CTLC_N986UOYN1CTLC_VZW and N986USQS1CTLC_N986UOYN1CTLC_USC. I have a Verizon note 20 ultra with a locked bootloader and want to know if I can flash either firmware without a problem, both roms came up when I searched for Verizon. Also is it possible to flash the SM-N986U1 firmwares to the SM-N986U for Verizon.

The userdata binary may contain differences. You may flash either one. Personally I prefer the U1 firmwares. U1 has less bloat.

¡realßßß!
Kicking Sleep

Smil3yWulf

Jan 25, 2015
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
I have J737T1 Pie edition. I was managed to patched boot img with magisk. so to flash it with Odin do I need cache?or magisk patched img.tar? Also I don't have the oem toggle option on developers . It's not there !

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I have J737T1 Pie edition. I was managed to patched boot img with magisk. so to flash it with Odin do I need cache?or magisk patched img.tar? Also I don't have the oem toggle option on developers . It's not there !

This question is better suited for the specific device (J737T1) threads elsewhere on XDA. Also look to the magisk thread for help. Good luck.

realBBB
Dark Heroes

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
NAND ERASE / Re-Partition with PIT on G970F/DS
please what's the best approach to properly do a nand erase / re-partition using pit.
I have tried a couple of versions of odin and with the right pit; but it doesn't seems to work.
I still end up with the same issue. the issue is illustrated below.
Magisk is still in boot after completely uninstall
The issue is that, there is somehow some leftovers of magisk, so even after doing a full a odin flash; I can't boot directly to OS. Unless with magisk combo. This put me in a state that I can't flash unpatched FW & the power button doesn't turn on the phone until i use the magisk key combo.

So i thought the option for me is to do a full nand erase / re-partition of FW.
If there are other ways to completely uninstall magisk too from boot, (so i can boot directly too i will be happy to hear).
Current setup on DTL1 (Android 10) with lineage_magisk_patched_recovery on EvoX (Android 11)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trying to flash the SM-S921U CHA (S24 Spectrum) to U1 XAA, but I'm immediately hitting a "FAIL! (Auth)" error when trying to flash any of the files.

As far as I can tell, the bootloader revisions match.
    Can you flash original successfully? If so, be sure to used PatcheD with U1 XAA firmware flash. Also, be sure to use CSC and not Home CSC.

realbbb
    Metal Lick
    Can you flash original successfully? If so, be sure to used PatcheD with U1 XAA firmware flash. Also, be sure to use CSC and not Home CSC.

realbbb
    Metal Lick
    It was just me being dumb. Somehow I downloaded the S24 Ultra firmware instead of the base S24. It's flashing fine now.
    Successfully flashed S911U1 on S911U and working perfectly. Thank you
    please, can you update it to support newer versions? I need to downgrade my phone from binary 8 to 7 , android 11 to 9.
    Last official version is 3.14.1. All 3.14.4 have been fake and offer nothing over 3.14.1.

You cannot downgrade binary versions. It is a fused flash forward only.

realbbb
    Slinky Sky
    I can confirm this tool works with a Galaxy S24 SM-S921U. I have a Verizon version that was unlocked after the standard 60 day wait. Bifrost 1.17.8 let me download the firmware for SM-S921U1 XAA. After putting the phone in Download mode and selecting all the files, including the HOME_CSC versus the standard CSC, the flash and reboot process took just a few minutes. It rebooted a third time to reconfigure the phone for MInt Mobile use.

I did not have to remove any Samsung or Google account, not did I hard reset. Everything worked perfectly afterwards without any backup/restore. The phone no longer complains about the non-Verizon SIM every time I reboot and all the Verizon junkware is gone.
    For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
    - Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
    - Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
    - additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
    - able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
    - confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
    - flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA
    - confirmed S22 S901U VZW to S901U1 XAA
    - successful S23 S911U XAU to S911U1 XAA
    - reported S24 Ultra S928U TMB to S928U1 XAA success

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
    "FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
    "FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
    +20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
    +20191218 - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
    +20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.

Caution #2 - All v3.14.4 are hoax/fake versions of odin. It is version 3.14.1; same filesize (and one other variant in size, due to larger resource changes). All have internal resource modifications to report 3.14.4. Often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1. See post here for more detail.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

For those that have asked for a digital currency way to donate.

Bitcoin
    3A56AWxUvvGgWT8BcVJ3yeiqNdZVHaCaoj

Ethereum
    0xb3bd522f067a89675ed2daae02f2db1dc9ec8c48

¡BBB!
    Walking Domestic
    Hey mate,
    Just a quick question / concern .. Just ran an analysis on your file here -> link
    While I can't see too many differences after unzipping your exe and running a comparison with a hex editor against your original odin you provided .. still the online analysis results do make me ask the question
    "please explain?"
    Online analysis of your original odin provided is here -> link

Please note that Eudummy did not run reverse it on the OP attached executable file. The sha256, executable type, and file size do not match the file he tested at his provided link. I am wondering why he would test a different file with the same filename? Just a plug for reverse it? Anywho... To help calm others...

The patches/changes are:
    Operationally I patched as indicated in the OP (encryption and model fails).
    All other changes are visual. ie. main graphic bar, version code, and url text/address.

That is it. Simple and has helped many to flash their phones!

¡realBBB!
    Not Your Mate
    Thanks, thought my firmware was bad since it wouldn't flash with the previous odin. This worked perfect. I used this to flash my galaxy s9+ from U1 to VZW.
    Thanks. I wanted to firmware back to G950w from G950u using Oreo and found it. Really appreciate your hard work
    Added 3.13.3 3B Patched to the OP. Merry Christmas!

realBBB
    Tix Under