Search This thread

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I tried the patched version of odin with a snapdragon device and it worked well.
Does it work with Exynos devices?
i have a korean galaxy note9 n960n and i would like to convert it to N960F/DS.
is that possible?
of course I'm keeping in mind not to use a newer F/DS firmware so i don't update the binary.

Should work with all samsung devices.

realBBB
Monitoring Well

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
Never have tried F on an N device. Also never experienced the repartitioning failure. I would imagine it is either incompatible or missing pit.

The pit is in the CSC tar. This is not a zip, but a TAR type compression. Find support for TAR to extract it.

BBB
Bring Unsplit
Thanks, I will have another go at it at some stage. If I can get the PIT from the CSC, it's certainly worth another shot....

cstucker

May 13, 2010
Someone please help! I flashed SM-N986U1 to my t-mobile locked Note 20 Ultra. How to I get back to the original model#(SM-N986U)? my current model number is SM-N986U1.
Please help

cstucker

May 13, 2010
Please help. Which Odin patched version will let me go from an unlocked model # to a carrier locked model. i flashed to sm-n986u1 and i want to go back to sm-n986u(t-mobile). Please help, I'm so lost.

realbbb

Dec 22, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Someone please help! I flashed SM-N986U1 to my t-mobile locked Note 20 Ultra. How to I get back to the original model#(SM-N986U)? my current model number is
Obtain tmobile U firmware and flash the same way you did U1.

Please help. Which Odin patched version will let me go from an unlocked model # to a carrier locked model. i flashed to sm-n986u1 and i want to go back to sm-n986u(t-mobile). Please help, I'm so lost.
Latest 3.14.1 will do the trick.

Realbbb
Hollow Chirp

herbicide

Sep 30, 2016
Thank you Realbbb for this work.

Should I expect this Odin to correctly operate on Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)?

3GJockey

Dec 30, 2007
Someone please help! I flashed SM-N986U1 to my t-mobile locked Note 20 Ultra. How to I get back to the original model#(SM-N986U)? my current model number is SM-N986U1.
Please help
Is this relevant to you?
And, if you've solved your problem, please advise us how.
I have a Note 20 Ultra USA unlocked, and I'm trying to get it on Tmo firmware so I can do eSIM.

D

Deleted member 7376753

I have a unlocked G9750 w/ android 11 that I want to flash to G975U, which version of Odin should I use? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegetto32

Sep 11, 2012
I mates, did anyone ever solved the issue with flashing SM-G970F Model over SM-G970N?
I am really puzzled at how can a seller sell this phone as a G970F Model when it's actually not?
and if they succeeded in flashing the F Variant why can't we do it?
I would appreciate any help in the matter,
thanks.

I was able to solve the Re-Partition Operation Failed error - It's quite simple since it's originally an G970N phone you should use the pit file from their Firmware.

however that's just was just the small problem the big problem is that even with modded Odin3 the flash just pending at the verification state (white boot) probably because it recognize the firmware to be different then the phone which it's trying to do the flash over.

i thought the all idea of the modded Odin was to bypass this issue wasn't it?

Last edited:

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
- Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u.
- additional confirmation: G950w from G950u
- able to flash T727R4 firmware to T727V
- Confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1

Ignores and bypasses the below stop conditions:
"FAIL! Model mismatch fail" (all PatcheD versions)
"FAIL! SHA256 is invalid" (all PatcheD versions)
"FAIL! Blocked carrier" (PatcheD versions >= 3.14.1)

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
+20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
+2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows sourced from henklbr
+20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods (android 10 aka android Q)! A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many original/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
Caution #2 - There is a newer 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be a hacked version 3.14.1 (same filesize); has internal modifications and includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll)! I would suggest that it be avoided.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic
Hey Thanks so much only this Patchen version worked to Flash the S7, i dont understan why the official Version of Odin dosent work (error SHA256) . anyway thank YOU !

Reactions: realbbb

djshakilexe

Sep 27, 2016
I have Samsung A71 Global Version, i want to update firmware from different country, will it be ok?

allc0re

Jul 16, 2011
I'm attempting to flash a Galaxy S7 back to stock firmware (Marshmallow version). It has worked on every S7 I've attempted as late as 2019. Now today it is not working on an S7. Did Samsung prevent this flash method somehow?

Here is my output from patched Odin:
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 5192 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> emmc_appsboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> lksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/003> xbl.elf
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

davedes

May 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi

Please help

1. Would I be able to flash Samsung stock firmware on my S21 from the same CSC (XFA to XFE) using this patched version of Odin? XFE being on newer firmware, July update.

2. Will this permanently change the CSC on my S21 from XFA to XFE to receive future OTA updates?

3. Will knox be tripped?

For some reason S21 devices using XFE receive more frequent updates than XFA in my country.

Last edited:

kingrohan

Apr 29, 2013
Allahabad
For those looking for a modified, modded, or patched odin that is a newer build than all the fake and renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patch recent Odin versions to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
- Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmware packages.
- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
- confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
- flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA

Be careful flashing!

+20180313 - Added Stock odin 3.13.1 sourced from pedant87 / Added PatcheD odin v3.13.1
+20191211 - Added PatcheD v3.13.3 and original 3.13.3 for windows, Merry Christmas!
+2020???? - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
+20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.
Caution #2 - There is a hoax 3.14.4 version of odin floating about. It appears to be version 3.14.1; same filesize, has internal resource modifications to report newer than 3.14.1, and often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1.

When you donate, and this work was helpful to you, do consider donating to this effort by using the DONATE HERE link. Thanks for your support!

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic
Just a noob question, I want to flash stock firmware on my phone, not changing csc or anything, my phone is international unlocked version G975F.
Should I use 3.14.1 patched version or clean original version..???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please, can you update it to support newer versions? I need to downgrade my phone from binary 8 to 7 , android 11 to 9.
    Last official version is 3.14.1. All 3.14.4 have been fake and offer nothing over 3.14.1.

You cannot downgrade binary versions. It is a fused flash forward only.

realbbb
    Slinky Sky
    I can confirm this tool works with a Galaxy S24 SM-S921U. I have a Verizon version that was unlocked after the standard 60 day wait. Bifrost 1.17.8 let me download the firmware for SM-S921U1 XAA. After putting the phone in Download mode and selecting all the files, including the HOME_CSC versus the standard CSC, the flash and reboot process took just a few minutes. It rebooted a third time to reconfigure the phone for MInt Mobile use.

I did not have to remove any Samsung or Google account, not did I hard reset. Everything worked perfectly afterwards without any backup/restore. The phone no longer complains about the non-Verizon SIM every time I reboot and all the Verizon junkware is gone.
    I can confirm this tool works with a Galaxy S24 SM-S921U. I have a Verizon version that was unlocked after the standard 60 day wait. Bifrost 1.17.8 let me download the firmware for SM-S921U1 XAA. After putting the phone in Download mode and selecting all the files, including the HOME_CSC versus the standard CSC, the flash and reboot process took just a few minutes. It rebooted a third time to reconfigure the phone for MInt Mobile use.

I did not have to remove any Samsung or Google account, not did I hard reset. Everything worked perfectly afterwards without any backup/restore. The phone no longer complains about the non-Verizon SIM every time I reboot and all the Verizon junkware is gone.
    I did the same process with my spectrum S24. I did not sign out of my Google account. I did not use the Home CSC. It booted up like a brand new factory unlocked S24 exactly as I wanted.
    Have anyone tried the latest Odin version with Galaxy A55? It's Samsung's very first phone with seamless updates (AB partitions) and Odin 3.14 came out a long time ago ...
    Latest confirmed version is 3.14.1. Never seen an original 3.14.4 (all fakes). Nothing newer has been found in-the-wild.

Have not heard whether any version of Odin is compatible or not with seamless updates. Nothing special may be needed if the device auto selects the correct flash partition. Might want to have a look at the XDA threads specifically about that device. Maybe someone has tried and reported it there. Do let us know what you find out.

RealBBB
    Playable Billing

- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u
    - confirmed working with S21 5G from G991U to G991U1
    - flashed G998U VZW to G998U1 XAA
    - confirmed S22 S901U VZW to S901U1 XAA
    - successful S23 S911U XAU to S911U1 XAA
    - reported S24 Ultra S928U TMB to S928U1 XAA success

Be careful flashing!

+20191218 - Added the only clean and original v3.14.1 for windows
    +20200216 - Added ModdeD/PatcheD 3.14.1 for windows! Supports newer phone flashing methods. A new check method for a carrier flash halt has been removed!

Caution #1 - There are many stock/mod/patch copies floating around the internet with redirected links and other misleading claims and changes. The XDA links below are the only source for clean originals and the original 3B files.

Caution #2 - All v3.14.4 are hoax/fake versions of odin. It is version 3.14.1; same filesize (and one other variant in size, due to larger resource changes). All have internal resource modifications to report 3.14.4. Often includes a known cloud-based client-server communication dll (cpprest141_2_10.dll). I suggest that it be avoided. It adds no additional functionality over 3.14.1. See post here for more detail.

For those that have asked for a digital currency way to donate.

Bitcoin
    3A56AWxUvvGgWT8BcVJ3yeiqNdZVHaCaoj

Ethereum
    0xb3bd522f067a89675ed2daae02f2db1dc9ec8c48

¡BBB!
    Walking Domestic
    Hey mate,
    Just a quick question / concern .. Just ran an analysis on your file here -> link
    While I can't see too many differences after unzipping your exe and running a comparison with a hex editor against your original odin you provided .. still the online analysis results do make me ask the question
    "please explain?"
    Online analysis of your original odin provided is here -> link

Please note that Eudummy did not run reverse it on the OP attached executable file. The sha256, executable type, and file size do not match the file he tested at his provided link. I am wondering why he would test a different file with the same filename? Just a plug for reverse it? Anywho... To help calm others...

The patches/changes are:
    Operationally I patched as indicated in the OP (encryption and model fails).
    All other changes are visual. ie. main graphic bar, version code, and url text/address.

That is it. Simple and has helped many to flash their phones!

¡realBBB!
    Not Your Mate
    Thanks, thought my firmware was bad since it wouldn't flash with the previous odin. This worked perfect. I used this to flash my galaxy s9+ from U1 to VZW.
    Thanks. I wanted to firmware back to G950w from G950u using Oreo and found it. Really appreciate your hard work
    Added 3.13.3 3B Patched to the OP. Merry Christmas!

realBBB
    Tix Under