Patched Phoenix 2 boot image with Magisk (NOT WORKING ROOT YET)

Search This thread
Now first off, this Magisk image would technically not work due to the small issue that the LG Phoenix 2's bootloader can't be unlocked. However, you could still, if you somehow manage to force a bootloader unlock and get into fastboot mode, flash this boot.img file and achieve Magisk root. The files needed (excluding adb) are below in a .rar file, sadly I cannot give you a guide on how to flash this image file, as I cannot access fastboot, and I have mostly stopped using my Phoenix 2. If you manage to get Magisk working on the Phoenix 2, post below!

Root files on MediaFire (will be reuploaded on AFH when possible)

xebbmw

Feb 4, 2015
Hi,

I see there are no replies for this thread, quite old thread. I still have this phone but I retired it so I looked recently how this can be rooted.

I want to ask you how did you read the boot.img that you attached to the link? Or did you extract it from a firmware?

One idea how you might write patched boot back to the phone is using QFIL app. I did not try it, but I guess it should be possible to put the phone in Download mode and use QFIL with it. I will look into it when I have some time.

BR