[PATCHES] For getting the best out of treble roms. [Notch, Sound and NFC fixed]

Search This thread
Hello everybody!

This patch is for getting the notch working on treble roms.
- Tested on PHH Treble (9.0)

Manual:
Mount system and vendor in TWRP
adb push treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk /vendor/overlay/treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk
adb push treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk /system/overlay/treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk

Download: treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk

To fix the crappy sound:
- Reboot into TWRP
- Mount vendor
- Use file manager to remove the whole soundfx direcory (/vendor/lib64/soundfx)

To fix NFC:
- Download the zip (over here)
- Reboot into TWRP
- Mount vendor
- Flash the zip

Current bugs on phh-treble (9.0) :
- Fingerprintscanner pretend to be an enter / select key.
- Camera is not yet the quallity of the stock MIUI
- Hotspot is not working (Bluetooth thering does work)

PS:
If you find something to patch, let me now!
Also if you got a patch, be nice to share it

Last edited:
is there treble roms wotking for our mi8?

All treble roms will work on Mi 8, because it's launched with Android 8.0 or higher.
The Mi 8 is an A-Only version, so you have the flash the A-only image

It's only possible some features wont work, like wifi, camera and fingerprint scanner.
I use the PHH Treble (9.0) rom and I'm really satisfied

EErez

Jan 8, 2010
Still waiting on my Mi 8 to arrive, but I'm glad you figured out how to implement the notch! mind sharing an image of what the notifications look like now? does it have the overflow dot when the notifications exceed the room?

Still waiting on my Mi 8 to arrive, but I'm glad you figured out how to implement the notch! mind sharing an image of what the notifications look like now? does it have the overflow dot when the notifications exceed the room?

At the moment I have no notifications, so I will wait for notifications and make a screen of it! :laugh:

EDIT:
I've got enough notifications to make a screen of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: blcistheking

EErez

Jan 8, 2010
Thanks, appreciate it. looks good, only problem is now that the clock is on the left there is only room for 2 notifications it seams. Wonder if there is any way to move the clock back to the right to make more room?

Thanks, appreciate it. looks good, only problem is now that the clock is on the left there is only room for 2 notifications it seams. Wonder if there is any way to move the clock back to the right to make more room?

It's for now possible with an Substratum theme to move the clock to the position you want.
Here is the link to the theme: StatusBar Clock
It works on the Mi 8

Last edited:

bassbounce

Feb 14, 2011
Betuwe
All treble roms will work on Mi 8, because it's launched with Android 8.0 or higher.
The Mi 8 is an A-Only version, so you have the flash the A-only image

It's only possible some features wont work, like wifi, camera and fingerprint scanner.
I use the PHH Treble (9.0) rom and I'm really satisfied

Are there any bugs that u are facing?

Last edited:

Only the annoying soundbug with notification and alarm sounds, the other are fixed by ViperFX 1.7

Also the fingerprint sensor pretends to be the enter of the select key.

I have to figure it out where it is going wrong, so I can fix it with an other patch :good:

krugerbud

Apr 15, 2015
Wow this is great ! Could very well be the first ever custom rom for Mi 8?
Can you list all working and non-working features on your Treble ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody!

This patch is for getting the notch working on treble roms.
    - Tested on PHH Treble (9.0)

Manual:
    Mount system and vendor in TWRP
    adb push treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk /vendor/overlay/treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk
    adb push treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk /system/overlay/treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk

Download: treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi8.apk

To fix the crappy sound:
    - Reboot into TWRP
    - Mount vendor
    - Use file manager to remove the whole soundfx direcory (/vendor/lib64/soundfx)

To fix NFC:
    - Download the zip (over here)
    - Reboot into TWRP
    - Mount vendor
    - Flash the zip

Current bugs on phh-treble (9.0) :
    - Fingerprintscanner pretend to be an enter / select key.
    - Camera is not yet the quallity of the stock MIUI
    - Hotspot is not working (Bluetooth thering does work)

PS:
    If you find something to patch, let me now!
    Also if you got a patch, be nice to share it
    i need guide install rom treble on Mi8, share me plz

Tomorrow I will make a guide!

I also had to figure it out what to do and I have been stuck, so it's nice to share my experience with installing a full treble rom.
    The notch fix is nice, but it not a solution for the notification icons, it is not aligned and it is a bit messy.
    Also double tap to wake don't work and ir face unlock don't work.

Maybe i gonna sell this phone since there is a lack of development and a lack of support from Xiaomi about bricked phones and now anti roll back is enabled on pie roms.
    Maybe the notch is to big for me I don't know but the gsi's that I tried don't give me a feeling of a daily driver.

Xiaomi don't listen to feedback, and since the recent mess they created with the unlock time 750hrs and many bricked phones and no support from them this will be my last Xiaomi.
    I can't live with a manufacturer with such a poor customer policy, hundreds of threads with begging customers for help it is not acceptable.
    And we as a community should not accept such madness from Xiaomi.

U see it again in the poco forums many people complain about blacklight bleeding, quality control is something Xiaomi never heard of.
    Remember the Mi mix 2 the text smears when scrolling?
    Redmi note 4 some panels like tiamma with severe ghosting.

Now people say the kernel source that are released for the Mi 8 and Poco phone is broken no audio etc.
    So i don't see anything happen soon.

Only the annoying soundbug with notification and alarm sounds, the other are fixed by ViperFX 1.7

Also the fingerprint sensor pretends to be the enter of the select key.

I have to figure it out where it is going wrong, so I can fix it with an other patch :good: