Pathetic battery

Search This thread

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Only 3200mah? Wtf were they thinking? This is a bad case of form over function. My Mix2 battery life is "just" acceptable and instead of improving it they make it smaller. I'm definitely ordering the NexS. I may resume my Xiaomi love affair with the Mix4 if they come to their senses.

still_living

Jun 20, 2017
Only 3200mah? Wtf were they thinking? This is a bad case of form over function. My Mix2 battery life is "just" acceptable and instead of improving it they make it smaller. I'm definitely ordering the NexS. I may resume my Xiaomi love affair with the Mix4 if they come to their senses.
Calm down man, what did you expect with all those moving parts? BTW, did Xiaomi promise you anything before they announced the phone that you are so pissed now?

Sard Shift

Mar 19, 2013
Calm down.

While the battery might be smaller than the Mi Mix 2's, the screen now is Oled instead of LCD. This should mean that you'll get more SOT than you currently do with the 2. The battery on the Mi Mix 2 is fine for regular usage (with my Mi Mix 2 reaching about 1,5 days of SOT, needing to be charged every 2-3 days), and I'm sure the battery for the 3 will be better than your current device.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Calm down man, what did you expect with all those moving parts? BTW, did Xiaomi promise you anything before they announced the phone that you are so pissed now?
Calm down? I'm not pissed, I'm disappointed. It's gone from 4400mah to 3400 to 3200. The NexS has similar specs and a 4,000mah battery. Huawei's Mate line is almost always 4,000mah. Compromising on battery life is a deal breaker for me.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Calm down.

While the battery might be smaller than the Mi Mix 2's, the screen now is Oled instead of LCD. This should mean that you'll get more SOT than you currently do with the 2. The battery on the Mi Mix 2 is fine for regular usage (with my Mi Mix 2 reaching about 1,5 days of SOT, needing to be charged every 2-3 days), and I'm sure the battery for the 3 will be better than your current device.
The NexS has the same oled and 4,000mah.

Btw I think you mean 1.5 days overall. No phone achieves 1.5 days (36 hrs) of sot.

Klanac89

Sep 30, 2014
Mix 1 4400 mAh 6.4 inch
Mix 2 3400 mAh 6 inch
Mix 3 3200 mAh 6.4 inch

So, we get 218g device with 8.3mm and only 3200 mAh. Amoled or not, this is trash.

Reactions: Twotems

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

I briefly had the NexS,I think you'll like it,but,if you haven't already,I'd take a look around the NEX forum here @ XDA before taking the plunge,especially if this is gonna be a long-term daily driver.
The software is definitely iOS inspired,but,manageable,a bit of tweaking is in order,especially if you want to use a 3rd party launcher.
Ditto for the Oppo Find X,I had that one for an even briefer amount of time before selling it (5 days),worst mfg UI experience EVER by a country mile.
The hardware on both are awesome,the Nex,while not a flashy,would be the one of the two I'd recommend.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
I briefly had the NexS,I think you'll like it,but,if you haven't already,I'd take a look around the NEX forum here @ XDA before taking the plunge,especially if this is gonna be a long-term daily driver.
The software is definitely iOS inspired,but,manageable,a bit of tweaking is in order,especially if you want to use a 3rd party launcher.
Ditto for the Oppo Find X,I had that one for an even briefer amount of time before selling it (5 days),worst mfg UI experience EVER by a country mile.
The hardware on both are awesome,the Nex,while not a flashy,would be the one of the two I'd recommend.
Thanks for the advice. I've been on the Nex forums for a while and bought based on the comments there. The FindX slide to unlock made it a no no from the beginning.

Sounds like you had the Chinese version which is a nightmare outside China. I ordered the global version (I hope!) and it's fine they say. I always change my launcher to FastKey or ZenUi especially on my Xiaomi's so the ios look won't be overwhelming. It's arriving next week so I'll know everything for sure then.

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Thanks for the advice. I've been on the Nex forums for a while and bought based on the comments there. The FindX slide to unlock made it a no no from the beginning.

Sounds like you had the Chinese version which is a nightmare outside China. I ordered the global version (I hope!) and it's fine they say. I always change my launcher to FastKey or ZenUi especially on my Xiaomi's so the ios look won't be overwhelming. It's arriving next week so I'll know everything for sure then.

Yep, had the original (Chinese) versions of both.
I went in to the experience fully aware that things were different from the way most of us use our phones outside of China & baked-in Google services.
Still came out of it very surprised at how restrictive the user experience was.

I've heard the global ROMs offer a better experience.
Would be nice to have OnePlus' OOS on either,the best of both worlds.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mix 1 4400 mAh 6.4 inch
    Mix 2 3400 mAh 6 inch
    Mix 3 3200 mAh 6.4 inch

So, we get 218g device with 8.3mm and only 3200 mAh. Amoled or not, this is trash.
    I totally agree with Twotems.

I can not understand that xiaomi installed such a small battery in his Flagship [emoji20]