Pattern lock (factory defaults / official 3.34.401.1 flash)

Search This thread

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Hi all,

Maybe someone could push me in the right direction here. I unlocked my HTC U11 and went searching for a good CFW with MHL support. Sadly many don't have decent MHL support, thanks Google! I went into recovery steps, locked the bootloader and flashed official 3.34.401.1 rom. That went fine, but now the phone is stuck at the pattern screen.

Phone works fine, but the pattern is not set by me, almost as if the stock firmware has some secret pattern. It won't ask me to setup my google account and factory defaults doesn't fix the issue.

Current rom file: 2PZCIMG_OCEAN_UHL_P90_SENSE10GP_MR_HTC_Europe_3.34.401.1_Radio_8998-200321-1905141529_release_signed.zip

Device info:
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_ocnuhl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1560000000
(bootloader) serialno: xxxx
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: xxxx
(bootloader) version-main: 3.34.401.1
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 8998-200321-1905141529
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PZC10000
(bootloader) cid: HTC__034

Thanks in advance!

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Device info:
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_ocnuhl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1560000000
(bootloader) serialno: xxxx
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: xxxx
(bootloader) version-main: 3.34.401.1
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 8998-200321-1905141529
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PZC10000
(bootloader) cid: HTC__034
To the one/those answering:
How can one have 0 slots?
That's odd, isn't it? I mean there are a/b partitioned devices and 'a' partioned devices out there.
So the slot-count is either 2 (a/b) or 1 (a).

To @ristodesign: Before flashing you had no pattern? And you did a factory data reset with your recovery?

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Hi, yes. I tested LineageOS and Goole PixelExperience, but should have known there was no MHL support. Then I tried Viper and LeeDroid, but those didn't enable Wifi somehow.

Then decided to get back to the stock ROM provided by Ziand: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962575313

Locked the bootloader and renamed the rom file to 2PZCIMG.zip so I could restore from booting in download. File was accepted and everything went back to normal. Got a welcome screen, was forced to enable wifi, then suddenly some pattern lock, which does not give any option to escape. Perviously used patterns are certainly not working.

Factory reset does not clear the pattern lock. Which makes me quite unique I guess. ;-)

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Hi, yes. I tested LineageOS and Goole PixelExperience, but should have known there was no MHL support. Then I tried Viper and LeeDroid, but those didn't enable Wifi somehow.

Then decided to get back to the stock ROM provided by Ziand: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962575313

Locked the bootloader and renamed the rom file to 2PZCIMG.zip so I could restore from booting in download. File was accepted and everything went back to normal. Got a welcome screen, was forced to enable wifi, then suddenly some pattern lock, which does not give any option to escape. Perviously used patterns are certainly not working.

Factory reset does not clear the pattern lock. Which makes me quite unique I guess. ;-)
Maybe you can try to boot twrp and see if it asks to decrypt?

The thing is: Passwords, pins, patterns etc. should be stored in the userdata partition. If you wipe this partition, the pattern should be gone.
However, if you manage to boot twrp and to have the userdata partition decrypted (go to /data and see if those entries aren't "randomized" letters), we should be able to delete this manually.

Else I'd like to know whether that pattern has been coded into the update zip you applied... Don't know how to accomplish that, however. But I'll see if I figure out something for the case twrp doesn't work.

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Will try to get trwp back on the device. It was removed and USB debugging probably disabled.

I did try the rom at https://htcstockrom.com/htc-u11 , after all those Visual C++ x86/x64 fixes it finally worked to start, but at the end it wouldn't accept to downgrade 3.34.401.1 to 2.42.617.7.

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Will try to get trwp back on the device. It was removed and USB debugging probably disabled.

I did try the rom at https://htcstockrom.com/htc-u11 , after all those Visual C++ x86/x64 fixes it finally worked to start, but at the end it wouldn't accept to downgrade 3.34.401.1 to 2.42.617.7.
I see.
You only need to boot twrp temporarily, no need to flash it. Just do:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

EDIT: What if you reflash LineageOS and then the older firmware mentioned above?
LineageOS should allow downgrades.

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Good idea, i tried with this result:

downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [2.4sec]
booting...
(Then it stops)

Phone screen shows:
Flash image succes
Start downloading (1/1)

It stops there.

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Good idea, i tried with this result:

downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [2.4sec]
booting...
(Then it stops)

Phone screen shows:
Flash image succes
Start downloading (1/1)

It stops there.
Oh, well...🤔
That's strange... Then go for the method you already know.

What did you do earlier to flash twrp? Same command but "flash boot"?

EDIT:
I think you flashed it using
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
right?

If so, maybe you can boot it somehow similar like this:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery twrp.img

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Earlier I had to unlock the phone with the HTC Dev website. I created an Unlock_code.bin file. But if I try to flash now it will not accept.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.002s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) flash unlocktoken
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] : /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/frp
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] Last Byte is 0X00, disable unlock
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] oem unlock Turn Off!

So USB debugging and the OEM lock seems to have set to default by flashing the stock rom.

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Earlier I had to unlock the phone with the HTC Dev website. I created an Unlock_code.bin file. But if I try to flash now it will not accept.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.002s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) flash unlocktoken
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] : /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/frp
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] Last Byte is 0X00, disable unlock
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] oem unlock Turn Off!

So USB debugging and the OEM lock seems to have set to default by flashing the stock rom.
If you do
Code:
fastboot getvar all
do you get something like this?:
(bootloader) unlocked:yes

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Nope, it does not. When I try to flash it states that the bootloader is locked. The phone screen shows:

HTC download mode
*** RELOCKED ***
*** PRODUCTION ***
htc_ocnuhl PVT S-ON

yada yada yada... ;-)

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Nope, it does not. When I try to flash it states that the bootloader is locked. The phone screen shows:

HTC download mode
*** RELOCKED ***
*** PRODUCTION ***
htc_ocnuhl PVT S-ON

yada yada yada... ;-)
Well, maybe you should research how to unlock an relocked bootloader.
I heard that some bootloader won't unlock again after relocking, which is why I never relocked my devices bootloader...

ristodesign

Apr 12, 2021
Hehe, yes it might be not too smart but it was the fastest solution as I could not find a working MHL CFW. I'll give my kids some money if they can find the pattern lol.

• Haha
Reactions: User699

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hehe, yes it might be not too smart but it was the fastest solution as I could not find a working MHL CFW. I'll give my kids some money if they can find the pattern lol.