[payton][OFFICIAL] PixelExperience 11 [discontinued]

Search This thread

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, MN
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
There is a new OTA out. It appears to download ok, but when I select install, it crashes back to home. Anyone else experiencing this?

Export doesn't appear to work either - I wonder if the download was corrupted.

I am downloading manually now.

shar88

Jun 14, 2014
There is a new OTA out. It appears to download ok, but when I select install, it crashes back to home. Anyone else experiencing this?

Export doesn't appear to work either - I wonder if the download was corrupted.

I am downloading manually now.

I had the same issue, but deleted the download and re-downloaded. It then proceeded to update. However, after it finished updating, it seemed like the update was available to download again but trying to install it would result in an error. Rebooting the phone(which wasn't prompted), I am on the new build.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

How do I get android auto working? I saw some people reporting it's working. Do I have to do anything to the usb option, after plugging in the usb cable, I changed it to file transfer but can't get anything to work.

Last edited:

rir5588

Sep 25, 2020
Can you add more motorola app in this rom like moto gametime and moto app and other motorola apps

ayazkhan235

Apr 21, 2020
has anyone noticed extensive battery-draining for past 2 months? I have found my self looking for charger more often then usual.

Last edited:

ivanws

Jun 27, 2012
My wifi connects and disconnects. It happens to me with all the roms with stock, it works well, what will it be? Help me thanks
Sorry for my bad English

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

TeamRainless

Jun 19, 2011
has anyone noticed extensive battery-draining for past 2 months? I have found my self looking for charger more often then usual.

Absolutely not. And I use the HELL out of my phone. I would notice. Could just be that your phone's gotten old and your battery's on the way out. They don't really build these things to last anymore. (Which is why I'll never pay over a few hundred for a phone...)

rir5588

Sep 25, 2020

Yes i download and install the plus edition and it has the battery draining issue

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

In android 10 plus edition the charging is slow it show rapid charging but it doesn't charge that fast pls fix it

hbattraw

Jan 15, 2017
Reinstalling TWRP/root

I recently updated to the latest Pixel Experience version through the update feature. I lost root and TWRP. I went to get these back in place and am having trouble with fastboot. After getting into fastboot mode I enter the following commands with listed results.

E:\Tools\platform-tools>fastboot devices
ZY22576M9T fastboot

E:\Tools\platform-tools>fastboot.exe boot twrp-3.4.0-0-payton.img
Sending 'boot.img' (33432 KB)

From there it just freezes indefinitely. I've tried different cables and , different USB ports with no success. While in fastboot mode it shows the following:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
BL: MBM-3.0-payton_fi-eca8056-200126
Baseband: M660_7045.36.01.100R PAYTON_NA_CUST
Product/Variant: PAYTON xt1900-1 64GB P4
Serial Number: (Everyone blocks this online so I guess I will too)
CPU: SDM630 1.0 (2)
eMMC: 64GB SAMSUNG <SNIP>
DRAM: 4GB <SNIP>
Console [NULL]: null
Tools Mode Config: DISABLED
Power OK
flashing_unlocked
Transfer Mode: USB Connected

Thanks for any help!

TeamRainless

Jun 19, 2011
I recently updated to the latest Pixel Experience version through the update feature. I lost root and TWRP. I went to get these back in place and am having trouble with fastboot. After getting into fastboot mode I enter the following commands with listed results.

E:\Tools\platform-tools>fastboot devices
ZY22576M9T fastboot

E:\Tools\platform-tools>fastboot.exe boot twrp-3.4.0-0-payton.img
Sending 'boot.img' (33432 KB)

From there it just freezes indefinitely. I've tried different cables and , different USB ports with no success. While in fastboot mode it shows the following:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
BL: MBM-3.0-payton_fi-eca8056-200126
Baseband: M660_7045.36.01.100R PAYTON_NA_CUST
Product/Variant: PAYTON xt1900-1 64GB P4
Serial Number: (Everyone blocks this online so I guess I will too)
CPU: SDM630 1.0 (2)
eMMC: 64GB SAMSUNG <SNIP>
DRAM: 4GB <SNIP>
Console [NULL]: null
Tools Mode Config: DISABLED
Power OK
flashing_unlocked
Transfer Mode: USB Connected

Thanks for any help!

I can't confirm that. I typed the same command and went straight into TWRP. make sure you're in the right folder and that the file is named correctly.

rir5588

Sep 25, 2020
Has someone encounter a bug in notification sometime when i get notification in android 10 and the device switch off i encounter many time this problem in 10 plus edition so i flash the normal 10 version but i am encounter in this one to mainly when there is a whatsapp notification

Last edited:

TeamRainless

Jun 19, 2011
I eventually gave up and purchased a Google Pixel 4a. I think for "simple" (calls, emails, etc) use on the 3GB Moto X4 (XT-1900-7 Europe), Pixel Experience is fine. But it would occasionally lag when I was trying to type something in Chrome, for example, or when I was trying to play a game. Not all the time... but frequently. Enough that it became annoying. It seemed like... somehow... the memory was out of sync. Sometimes I could write or game for hours with no problem at all. Other times I couldn't go more than a couple of minutes without the phone locking up.

Eventually this would have driven me insane. :)

Maybe X4 users with 4GB of RAM instead of 3GB never even experience these problems... but I certainly did.

The Pixel 4a is quite a bit smaller than the X4, even though the resolution is much higher and you have more screen area. This is kind of a pain for me since I have big hands. But other than that the experience is better than the X4 in almost every way (except for the lost gestures... which really weren't working properly in Pixel Experience anyway. They would load the camera... but they wouldn't unlock the screen even if there was no screenlock code.)

Anyway... That's my two cents. I'll probably keep using and updating Pixel Experience on my X4 anyway now that I have the 4a to do all the heavy lifting. Probably going to move to the OnePlus 7 Pro or 8 Pro once I have enough money.

rir5588

Sep 25, 2020
Has someone encounter a bug in notification sometime when i get notification in android 10 and the device switch off i encounter many time this problem in 10 plus edition so i flash the normal 10 version but i am encounter in this one to mainly when there is a whatsapp notification
Bro i am facing this problem frequently it now happen even when i get a call pls do something

SkullCandy091

Oct 19, 2020
Same -_-

I eventually gave up and purchased a Google Pixel 4a. I think for "simple" (calls, emails, etc) use on the 3GB Moto X4 (XT-1900-7 Europe), Pixel Experience is fine. But it would occasionally lag when I was trying to type something in Chrome, for example, or when I was trying to play a game. Not all the time... but frequently. Enough that it became annoying. It seemed like... somehow... the memory was out of sync. Sometimes I could write or game for hours with no problem at all. Other times I couldn't go more than a couple of minutes without the phone locking up.

Eventually this would have driven me insane. :)

Maybe X4 users with 4GB of RAM instead of 3GB never even experience these problems... but I certainly did.

The Pixel 4a is quite a bit smaller than the X4, even though the resolution is much higher and you have more screen area. This is kind of a pain for me since I have big hands. But other than that the experience is better than the X4 in almost every way (except for the lost gestures... which really weren't working properly in Pixel Experience anyway. They would load the camera... but they wouldn't unlock the screen even if there was no screenlock code.)

Anyway... That's my two cents. I'll probably keep using and updating Pixel Experience on my X4 anyway now that I have the 4a to do all the heavy lifting. Probably going to move to the OnePlus 7 Pro or 8 Pro once I have enough money.

I am having the same problem, and strongly regret not reading this first. I have the android one american version of the moto X4, and I truly just wanted Android 10 :crying:

I'm going to try finding a normal version of android 9 tonight and will hopefully fix it. So long, extra updates...

iterepic

Jul 5, 2019
I am having the same problem, and strongly regret not reading this first. I have the android one american version of the moto X4, and I truly just wanted Android 10 :crying:

I'm going to try finding a normal version of android 9 tonight and will hopefully fix it. So long, extra updates...

Do you have the 3gb ram version? I don't have this problem but I have the 4gb version. Running July 11th Build. Granted I don't play games often. occasionally 8ball.

jaimejpfilho

Jan 25, 2020
Google Play Service AR (Arcore) Pokemon-go

Nas versões anteriores do android esse app diga-se funcionalidade funcionava, contudo nesta a play store afirma aparelho nao compatível.

Lezamin7u7

Oct 25, 2020
I have an issue with my moto x4 whit the pixel experience 10 plus rom

two weeks ago i installed the rom in my moto x4 and that same day i flash magisk, the phone was perfect, but this week i try to connect to my pc and doesn't recognize, i try with another cable and in other pc but the result was the same, today i uninstalled the magisk but still don't recognize it, i hope you can help me sir, i've tried everything i know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for moto x4 [payton]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    FMRadio
    Widevine L1

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Moto X4 PixelExperience official telegram group

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience for payton, ROM for the Moto X4

Contributors
    trpsl, moto-sdm660 dev group
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Beta Version: 11.0.0_r20
    Beta Release Date: 2021-01-01

Created 2019-12-08
    Last Updated 2020-01-03
    additional instructions and downlaods:

before you begin backup your persist and efs partitions
    Install instructions:
    if coming from stock:
    1. boot to recovery and format data
    2. reboot to recovery and wipe Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage and System
    3. reboot to recovery, flash copy-partitions-payton.zip
    4. reboot to recovery and flash rom + twrp
    5. reboot to system

If coming from PixelExperience 10:
    1. flash rom
    2. format data
    3. reboot to system
    if you get stuck in bootloop, reboot to bootloader and type in cmd/terminal: fastboot -w and reboot

more detailed installation instructions can be found at post #168
    Since everyone keeps asking how do you install this ROM; I decided to make a guide for the newbies that are here. :)

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

How to install Pixel Experience on Moto X4
    !! Please read before proceeding !!

• Download the latest Official TWRP https://dl.twrp.me/payton/. - You want the .img file and .zip file for later.
    • Restart your phone to your bootloader. - You do this by pressing and holding both your phone's power button and the lower volume key at the same time.
    • Once at your phone's bootloader, from your Windows Command Prompt (as administrator) or from your Linux Terminal (as root) run the following command to load TWRP:

Code:
    fastboot boot '/your_path_here/twrp-X.X.X-X-payton.img'

Note: Be sure to use your path on where you have the file on your computer. Be sure to replace and use the correct file name for your file (Do not just copy and paste the example posted here).

!! You will be wiping everything because regardless if you are coming from stock or a different ROM as this ROM works best with a full wipe (as is true with any ROM) !!
    Note: If upgrading this ROM a full wipe is not necessary. See upgrade instructions below.​

• Regardless of what ROM you are coming from (stock or not), format your DATA.
    • Reboot your device to bootloader and reuse the previous fastboot command to load TWRP listed above.
    • Regardless of what ROM you are coming from (stock or not), select "advanced wipe" to wipe your device (select all partitions).
    • Reboot your device to bootloader and reuse the previous fastboot command to load TWRP listed above.

If coming from stock:

Code:
     adb push copy-partitions-payton.zip /sdcard/

• Now INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip"
    • Reboot to your bootloader. - Stay at the bootloader screen (do not load TWRP)
    • Download the firmware for your phone (pick a single mirror from the links below)
    • Unzip on your computer.
    • Flash your phone using the correct file (see details below)

Firmware courtesy of @trpsl
    flash_all_fi = Google Fi firmware
    flash_all_ret = Retail firmware

• IF Microsoft Windows: type in cmd flash_all_fi.bat - OR - flash_all_ret.bat (depending on your device variant)
    • IF Linux (as root) / Apple Mac: type in terminal flash_all_fi.sh - OR - flash_all_ret.sh

NOTE: In Linux you may need to change your permissions to the files as well.

1. Mirror: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261627285
    2. Mirror: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tr..._9.0_PPW29.69-39-6_firmware-only.zip/download

Reboot your phone to bootloader

Continue:

• Download and locate the latest ROM located here: https://download.pixelexperience.org/payton/
    • You will upload these files to your phone using the "ADB PUSH" command to your /sdcard/ directory (as admin in windows or root in Linux). For example:

Code:
    adb push  PixelExperience_payton-10.0-xxxx-xxxx-OFFICIAL.zip  /sdcard/
    You will also wish to upload the TWRP zip file too for future recovery options
    Code:
    adb push  twrp-installer-xxxx-payton.zip  /sdcard/
    Note: Be sure to use your path on where you have the file on your computer. Be sure to replace and use the correct file name for your file (Do not just copy and paste the example posted here).

• In TWRP select Install
    • Locate your .ZIP file and proceed with the install of the ROM
    • Locate your .ZIP file and proceed with the install of TWRP

NOTE: Do NOT install Gapps as Gapps is already installed with this ROM.​

• After a successful install, REBOOT your phone.

Congratulations, you're done! :cool:

Magisk

Magisk will provide you with root access (optional). You can obtain a copy of Magisk here https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk You will want your ROM to boot at least once before installing Magisk.

However, if you end up in a boot loop as a result of installing this ROM, and you previously were using Magisk in the previous ROM before installing this ROM, simply load TWRP and flash Magisk and that should correct the boot loop.

UPGRADING - How to upgrade this ROM.

Also known as a dirty upgrade, you do not need to wipe everything and start over. However, if this dirty upgrade fails a fresh install is recommended.

• Download the latest ROM
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Install your new .zip file for your ROM
    • Install your new .zip file for TWRP
    • Install Magisk if you were using it (or which to use it)
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Reboot
    If all has gone well you're done! If not, a full wipe and install are recommended.

Gapps Alternatives

Additionally, if you're one of those people who want to use additional apps beyond Google Play limitations (such as regional or device restrictions) you have the following alternatives.
    1. https://apkpure.com/
    2. https://en.uptodown.com/android
    3. https://f-droid.org
    Just remember that these are unofficial sources and you take the risk that can potentially come with them.

:)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

oh i see it now. anyways i never linked anyone to mirrors.lolinet so not really much i can do if someone is not following my instructions. everything i post and share with others is tested by myself and if those instructions are being followed properly everything must be fine. as i said i test everything before i share.

Fair enough. In any case, I've posted a step by step guide that should, in theory, be idiot-proof
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81465397&postcount=168
    copy-partitions-payton.zip thanks: filipepferraz
    firmware: sourceforge | afh
    retin firmware: Download
    TWRP Download 3.4.0.0 version recommended.
    Creating new persist and efs partitions backup in new TWRP is required since older backups are not compatible with new TWRP. Do not restore old backup with new TWRP!!

Pixel Experience Plus features can be found here.
    After first installation, in twrp you will get a No OS installed message (or something similar). That is due to A/B partition scheme and completely normal, ignore that message.
    Reporting bugs: if you notice any bugs, first remove magisk completely and see if the bug persist then report and i will gladly help you.
    Do not report any bugs if you are not on the latest version! update, and if the problem still persist then report and i will gladly help you.
    Good day,
    Many thanks for the great Rome to the developer trpsl. Everything works fine. :good::)

On PixelExperience Web there are two Android 10 versions, the (Plus edition) and the normal edition, where is the difference between the two. :confused:

Best wishes

plus edition is still under development and it will come with more customizations and features