[PC-APP] X10 Mod Tool - De/Recompile APK/JAR, Pull/Push files, Install/Remove Apps

MrRusch

Jan 31, 2009
I'm working on a tool that I hope will make life a little easier when modifying files on the X10. It uses ADB to pull and push files, so users don't need to remember long command prompt/terminal emulator commands anymore. It also has a nifty little application manager, which allows for quick installation, backup, and removal of both pre and self -installed software.

Instructions:
1. Extract archive.
2. Run X10ModTool.jar

Note: Make sure your phone is connected in debug mode, you have root privileges, and unsecured your device's shell.

For those of you who didn't use the backup feature before replacing files, here are the most common original framework files (android.policy.jar, framework.jar, framework-res.apk, and services.jar).

Please do NOT mirror my work!

Attachments

Last edited:

MrRusch

Jan 31, 2009
Glad you guys like it. There is only so much one can do with ADB, but let me know if there is something you think I should include.

Version 0.2 is up now, and I'm off to bed. Happy modding!

wingz85

Jul 24, 2009
Essex, UK
This looks very good and useful.

One quick think that you could add is maybe a feature the unsecures the shell on startup of the program to save you doing it before, and resecures it when closed maybe??

Cheers

geraerb

Jun 1, 2010
Great program, however the "Refresh Directories" button does not seem to work.

I can add a directory with "manage directories", but when I refresh nothing happens.

When I exit the program and start it again, then the diretory is there.

MrRusch

Jan 31, 2009
Great program, however the "Refresh Directories" button does not seem to work.

I can add a directory with "manage directories", but when I refresh nothing happens.

When I exit the program and start it again, then the diretory is there.
Hehe yeah actually it just refreshs the files that are already in existing directories, e.g. if you add a file to the directory while the app is running. But I will make it reload the available directories as well :) Good catch.
EDIT: v0.2.1 includes this feature.

How can I push an apk with this???
1. Select the APK locally, in your left-side list. (Psst! Click the grayed out location field to browse your hard drive)
2. In the list on your right, select where you want to push the APK to - e.g. /system/framework/.
3. Hit the Push button and wait for the process to complete.

PS. It's often useful to back up originals before you replace them with modified ones. Select the file(s) you want to back up in the list on your right, and hit the Pull button. This creates a backup folder in the application's directory.

This looks very good and useful.

One quick think that you could add is maybe a feature the unsecures the shell on startup of the program to save you doing it before, and resecures it when closed maybe??

Cheers
I never really got the point of having a secure shell? If there is one I will consider it..

Last edited:

gewaltXXX

Jan 16, 2009
Hehe yeah actually it just refreshs the files that are already in existing directories, e.g. if you add a file to the directory while the app is running. But I will make it reload the available directories as well :) Good catch.
EDIT: v0.2.1 includes this feature.

1. Select the APK locally, in your left-side list. (Psst! Click the grayed out location field to browse your hard drive)
2. In the list on your right, select where you want to push the APK to - e.g. /system/framework/.
3. Hit the Push button and wait for the process to complete.

PS. It's often useful to back up originals before you replace them with modified ones. Select the file(s) you want to back up in the list on your right, and hit the Pull button. This creates a backup folder in the application's directory.

I never really got the point of having a secure shell? If there is one I will consider it..
I did that before. but doesnt work :S

I have root and all.

MrRusch

Jan 31, 2009
I did that before. but doesnt work :S

I have root and all.
Well, you gotta give me some information on the problem. What happens when you hit the Push button? Does it freeze completely or do you get the "Push complete!" message but the file is not on your device?

gewaltXXX

Jan 16, 2009
Well, you gotta give me some information on the problem. What happens when you hit the Push button? Does it freeze completely or do you get the "Push complete!" message but the file is not on your device?
Well nothing happens :S

I plug in the phone and start the jar and try the push, but it seems like its not sending it.

MrRusch

Jan 31, 2009
Well nothing happens :S

I plug in the phone and start the jar and try the push, but it seems like its not sending it.
Yeah, sorry it's my bad. I messed up in the UI change from v0.1 to v0.2.x. I've uploaded v0.3 now, and the issue should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Well, at least I hope this was your problem. Not quite sure, judging by your last response - you dont even get a "Push completed!" message? In that case it might be something else, and I need more information to understand what is happening. E.e. what is the filename you are pushing, what is the directory name you are pushing to, do other functions such as Pull work, etc..?

Last edited:

gewaltXXX

Jan 16, 2009
Yeah, sorry it's my bad. I messed up in the UI change from v0.1 to v0.2.x. I've uploaded v0.3 now, and the issue should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Well, at least I hope this was your problem. Not quite sure, judging by your last response - you dont even get a "Push completed!" message? In that case it might be something else, and I need more information to understand what is happening. E.e. what is the filename you are pushing, what is the directory name you are pushing to, do other functions such as Pull work, etc..?
Yes I got that message. But anyway will try this one.

Thanks!

Edit: Nope not working. I think my settings might be messed up or so?

Last edited: