[PC/MAC/LINUX] The official, full Andromeda thread for Substratum [Android 8.0.0+]

Search This thread

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to comment and say that this is an amazing utility. I've only been rooting phones these past few years for Substratum theming (and sometimes debloating), but with this tool, the pesky steps of OEM unlocking, flashing recovery, flashing a kernel, flashing new firmware, and then applying root, are no longer needed for me. What usually takes me a few days of trial and error (based on the difficulty of the device) was cut down to a few minutes. Awesome work @nicholaschum this is one of the most underrated tools on XDA. Well worth the price. :good:

Veain

Dec 25, 2018
Right, ive bumped into a problem I can't overcome, on step 3, when I open Andromeda app, cmd runs after pressing any key and then shuts down, the client never opens.
I tried running it through DT virtual image, but then shows "incompatible with 64x op".
Does my phone need to be connected before running Andromeda, or should it start anyways?

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2009
Springfield
www.designrifts.com
Right, ive bumped into a problem I can't overcome, on step 3, when I open Andromeda app, cmd runs after pressing any key and then shuts down, the client never opens.
I tried running it through DT virtual image, but then shows "incompatible with 64x op".
Does my phone need to be connected before running Andromeda, or should it start anyways?

1. Use the windows script it's better
2 Connect device to pc. Open substratum not Andromeda. Really never need to open andromeda unless told by devs.
3. Run the script and substratum should close
4. You can disconnect to pc
5.Open substratum and apply theme

If you reboot phone you'll need to repeat process.

Read FAQ so you can get better understanding

Link to how to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...starting-substratum-andromeda-t3798316/page14

Nikolay1243D

Jun 26, 2014
London
doesnt seem to work on Vivo NEX :( I connect with the bat file just fine but then after enabling a theme, it says I have to reboot and then after reboot nothing has changed even after enabling it after reboot

MCPoppa

Apr 27, 2011
doesnt seem to work on Vivo NEX :( I connect with the bat file just fine but then after enabling a theme, it says I have to reboot and then after reboot nothing has changed even after enabling it after reboot

Got the same issue on the Motorola G6 on 8.0.0
Everytime i try to enable a theme there pops a Substratum message up telling me to reboot.. and the theme doesn't enable.. tried multiple times und different themes :(

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2009
Springfield
www.designrifts.com
When I run the batch file android deny the usb debugging saying application asking for ungranted permissions. How to solve that problem
You have to grant adb permissions when it popup on your phone. Go to dev options and hit revoke usb debugging authorizations and run the script again. This time watch your phone and hit accept always then it should be fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions for Windows

Step 1 - Download your file for your current operating system!

Andromeda App 6.0.0 (Windows): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397937511

Step 2 - Install the mobile clients from the Play Store

Play Store (Substratum v839+): If you have not yet, please install the main app! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum

Play Store (Andromeda): You can install the latest Substratum on Android Oreo, unrooted, and it will prompt you directly (can't link due to paid addon)

Step 3 - Load up the Andromeda Desktop Client or Script!

1. Enable "USB debugging" on your device
    2. Install systemwide ADB drivers on your PC
    3. Connect your device to your PC
    4. Download the desktop client ZIP archive from the link below
    5. Extract the downloaded archive file and open the extracted app
    6. Press any button to start/stop server
    7. Wait for the process to finish, then you can disconnect your device from your PC
      You will need to do the instructions above every time you reboot your device.
    Andromeda v20 has been rolled out, and we have a key few things that need to be noted!

I would like to clarify that the sneak peek of Andromeda and root a few days ago was not designed to be a way to replace rooted substratum builds, or to convince that root + Andromeda is the way to go.

As a small number of users seem to be using Andromeda on a rooted device, it is simply just one rooted call that executes the same environment as if you plugged your device into the computer. Just like the current rooted Magisk plugins/scripts that require you to execute "su andromeda" by the community in XDA.

To those who used to run masquerade and substratum back in the day, the calling package usually suffered the most because it caused a heavy configuration change due to "assetSeq" code from CMTE. As we are now using direct shell calls, the configuration change is lighter than the previous implementation but still exists, thus, a more reliable way for us was to "offload" the configuration change from the main substratum app.

You do NOT need to (re)purchase Andromeda, and I would personally just stick with rooted mode on substratum for free if you are on Oreo, despite the configuration change explanation above, as Android O's Dynamic Overlays are faster than "assetSeq" and more reliable.

However if you're unrooted, the recommended method is to definitely give Andromeda a try!

One more thing, running the script no longer automatically runs substratum. As we have new plans of the app very soon and it shouldn't just be reserved for substratum!
    As promised, this is the major Substratum update that will prompt you guys to download Andromeda.

11AM EST is the rollout time for the articles and the Andromeda addon APK!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73748157&postcount=15

For those impatient: https://time.is/EST
    I'm glad that a lot of people are interested. Unfortunately I'll apologize in advance if I couldn't get to your PM. My inbox just flooded like no tomorrow! Haha

Mac, Windows and Linux clients are all done, including the universal UI (alpha). So if the universal UI doesn't work, there will be a fallback.

The Andromeda app is also done and privately tested ATM. Substratum is getting patches up and ready and will be done today or tomorrow, then the full announcement for the huge update will be pushed AFTER our scheduled XDA portal post is done :)
    Hi all, this is a simple series of clean up commands for when you migrate to the new version of Substratum 990+, AND are on a Samsung device.

Newly compiled overlays will be readily visible on 990+ on Samsung + Andromeda users.

These commands are to be run INSIDE adb shell!

Uninstall all INACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[ \]' | sed 's/\[ \]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all ACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[x\]' | sed 's/\[x\]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all INVALID overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\-\-\-' | sed 's/---//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone