[PC/MAC/LINUX] The official, full Andromeda thread for Substratum [Android 8.0.0+]

Search This thread

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Sorry for quoting, but on my phone (Mi A1 Non Rooted) still can't access Substratum (latest ver 983) eventhough my andromeda already say connected (activated via desktop client-Windows) but i still can't open substratum
please help..

also a question, what does the mean on "Allow debuggable substratum builds"??

On Andromeda v20, open Andromeda, click the Settings gear and click that option to enable Telegram downloaded "CI" builds.

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is Not able to Get Access from Andromeda Pc Script After the latest Update

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I need more information. Why isn't it able to get access?

So what's the correct procedure for updating Andromeda? This is the first time I'll have to update it since I installed it.
I would imagine:
1. Uninstall all overlays
2. Update Andromeda / substratum
3. Update theme
4. Build & enable themes
5. Reboot
Can someone confirm?

No need, just update Andromeda and reboot.

Similar issue here. I am using both apps from Play store on my stock Sony XZ1c.
Since updating from Substratum 953 to 983 together with Andromeda to version 20, I am unable tu use Substratum or Andromeda.
Issue seems to be mainly with Andromeda as when I first execute it, it briefly shows the status window and then vanishes. After that when I click it's icon, it either does nothing or goes to homescreen/last used app. Only reboot or sometimes force kill and data cleanup brings that status window again for a blink of an eye and then it vanishes again.
Windows bat script seems to be running fine, but Java app (AndromedaClient-Universal-1.7) is getting stuck at loading state.

The only thing I can think of is that I have Substratum and multiple Android system parts themed by Swift Dark and SX DarkRes, so maybe that is crashing the new Andromeda + Substratum combo.

Is there an easy way to cleanup all themes on rootless phone?

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, that I tried to reinstall both apps and when it didn't help, I even searched net and found apks for Substratum 953 and Andromeda 18, but even installing these didn't solve it:(

Try force closing the Andromeda app to check status. If possible can you record a video of you doing the script execution? I have tested on all 5 of my rig phones and they all ran perfectly.

Don't try to run alternative APKs found elsewhere as those are guaranteed 100% failure. Only install from Play Store and I'll help you.

ATTENTION: Ensure you don't have Lucky Patcher (LP) installed because it seems like it's affecting usage. ALSO if you're in Russia, you will need to use VPN to pass license verification due to Russia blocking random IPs including Google and Amazon, more info here: https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/17/r...amazon-ip-addresses-had-a-precedent-in-zello/

Last edited:

card-us

Nov 1, 2010
Jogja
Have you tried the latest test build available from the Substratum Telegram group?

Where can we get that version?? I'm only have from play store & it still broken (i think)
Since i still can' use substratum on my A1 stock rootless

Edit: on my A1 i still get like yesterday problem, on andromeda it says connected, but i can't open substratum (currently i'm valerie & edge theme overlay)
Also on andromeda, i can't find "CI builds" or something onky allow debuggable substratum (when we hit setting gears icon)
Does this mean i had to factory reset my phone (i'm kind of wish don't needed it...:(

Last edited:

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Where can we get that version?? I'm only have from play store & it still broken (i think)
Since i still can' use substratum on my A1 stock rootless

Edit: on my A1 i still get like yesterday problem, on andromeda it says connected, but i can't open substratum (currently i'm valerie & edge theme overlay)
Also on andromeda, i can't find "CI builds" or something onky allow debuggable substratum (when we hit setting gears icon)
Does this mean i had to factory reset my phone (i'm kind of wish don't needed it...:(

What do you mean it's still broken? What's wrong?

Kod4r

Dec 8, 2017

ive updated, reinstalled both substratum and andromeda, and uninstalled lucky patcher but whenever i run the script (which runs normally) i always get the "Substratum could not connect to Andromeda Backend" pop up whenever i try to alter anything on Swift Dark on my Nexus 5X.

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
ive updated, reinstalled both substratum and andromeda, and uninstalled lucky patcher but whenever i run the script (which runs normally) i always get the "Substratum could not connect to Andromeda Backend" pop up whenever i try to alter anything on Swift Dark on my Nexus 5X.

Where did you install substratum and andromeda from?

Kod4r

Dec 8, 2017
Where did you install substratum and andromeda from?

i installed substratum from the playstore and also bought the andromeda app from the play store. also when i reinstalled the script linux no longer recognizes it.

EDIT: Managed to fix issue by clearing all the data from substratum

Last edited:
Reactions: Mojo80

card-us

Nov 1, 2010
Jogja

As for me, it's still as yesterday. On Andromeda it say connected bjt i can't open substratum (see attchment)
Your windows/mac script works just fine (it does change form not connected to connected) but when i open substratum i'm always stuck on ceah s apps message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180419-081057.png
    Screenshot_20180419-081057.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Screenshot_20180419-081101.png
    Screenshot_20180419-081101.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_20180419-081111.png
    Screenshot_20180419-081111.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 295

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
As for me, it's still as yesterday. On Andromeda it say connected bjt i can't open substratum (see attchment)
Your windows/mac script works just fine (it does change form not connected to connected) but when i open substratum i'm always stuck on ceah s apps message

Your Rescue Me button looks like it's flashing. Show me your stacktrace

card-us

Nov 1, 2010
Jogja
Your Rescue Me button looks like it's flashing. Show me your stacktrace

Build version: nine hundred eighty four
Device: Mi A1 (tissot_sprout) [xiaomi/tissot/tissot_sprout:8.0.0/OPR1.170623.026/V.9.5.10.0.ODHMIFA:user/release-keys]
ROM: 8.0.0 - Unknown
Theme system: OMS (andromeda)

Stack trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{projekt.substratum/projekt.substratum.activities.launch.SplashScreenActivity}: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Failed to resolve attribute at index 4: TypedValue{t=0x2/d=0x1010099 a=1}
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2831)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2906)
at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1605)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:172)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6637)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Failed to resolve attribute at index 4: TypedValue{t=0x2/d=0x1010099 a=1}
at android.content.res.TypedArray.getColor(TypedArray.java:469)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:892)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:818)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:814)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:810)
at android.widget.Toolbar.setTitle(Toolbar.java:758)
at com.android.internal.widget.ToolbarWidgetWrapper.setTitleInt(ToolbarWidgetWrapper.java:262)
at com.android.internal.widget.ToolbarWidgetWrapper.setWindowTitle(ToolbarWidgetWrapper.java:244)
at com.android.internal.widget.ActionBarOverlayLayout.setWindowTitle(ActionBarOverlayLayout.java:674)
at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneWindow.setTitle(PhoneWindow.java:542)
at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneWindow.setTitle(PhoneWindow.java:535)
at android.app.Activity.onTitleChanged(Activity.java:5949)
at android.app.Activity.onPostCreate(Activity.java:1202)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnPostCreate(Instrumentation.java:1285)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2813)
... 9 more

User actions:
2018-04-20 07:01:50: LauncherActivity created
2018-04-20 07:01:50: SplashScreenActivity created

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Build version: nine hundred eighty four
Device: Mi A1 (tissot_sprout) [xiaomi/tissot/tissot_sprout:8.0.0/OPR1.170623.026/V.9.5.10.0.ODHMIFA:user/release-keys]
ROM: 8.0.0 - Unknown
Theme system: OMS (andromeda)

Stack trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{projekt.substratum/projekt.substratum.activities.launch.SplashScreenActivity}: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Failed to resolve attribute at index 4: TypedValue{t=0x2/d=0x1010099 a=1}
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2831)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2906)
at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1605)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:172)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6637)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Failed to resolve attribute at index 4: TypedValue{t=0x2/d=0x1010099 a=1}
at android.content.res.TypedArray.getColor(TypedArray.java:469)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:892)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:818)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:814)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:810)
at android.widget.Toolbar.setTitle(Toolbar.java:758)
at com.android.internal.widget.ToolbarWidgetWrapper.setTitleInt(ToolbarWidgetWrapper.java:262)
at com.android.internal.widget.ToolbarWidgetWrapper.setWindowTitle(ToolbarWidgetWrapper.java:244)
at com.android.internal.widget.ActionBarOverlayLayout.setWindowTitle(ActionBarOverlayLayout.java:674)
at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneWindow.setTitle(PhoneWindow.java:542)
at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneWindow.setTitle(PhoneWindow.java:535)
at android.app.Activity.onTitleChanged(Activity.java:5949)
at android.app.Activity.onPostCreate(Activity.java:1202)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnPostCreate(Instrumentation.java:1285)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2813)
... 9 more

User actions:
2018-04-20 07:01:50: LauncherActivity created
2018-04-20 07:01:50: SplashScreenActivity created

Click Rescue Me (the flashing button in the crash activity), or uninstall in the Settings app, the overlays you applied on "projekt.substratum"

Reactions: Mega Montana

card-us

Nov 1, 2010
Jogja
Click Rescue Me (the flashing button in the crash activity), or uninstall in the Settings app, the overlays you applied on "projekt.substratum"

Done, after uninstalling all theme & substratum & multiple restart the phone. Finally now both Andromeda+Substratum works perfectly.
Thanks for the info on fixing it..:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions for Windows

Step 1 - Download your file for your current operating system!

Andromeda App 6.0.0 (Windows): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397937511

Step 2 - Install the mobile clients from the Play Store

Play Store (Substratum v839+): If you have not yet, please install the main app! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum

Play Store (Andromeda): You can install the latest Substratum on Android Oreo, unrooted, and it will prompt you directly (can't link due to paid addon)

Step 3 - Load up the Andromeda Desktop Client or Script!

1. Enable "USB debugging" on your device
    2. Install systemwide ADB drivers on your PC
    3. Connect your device to your PC
    4. Download the desktop client ZIP archive from the link below
    5. Extract the downloaded archive file and open the extracted app
    6. Press any button to start/stop server
    7. Wait for the process to finish, then you can disconnect your device from your PC
      You will need to do the instructions above every time you reboot your device.
    Andromeda v20 has been rolled out, and we have a key few things that need to be noted!

I would like to clarify that the sneak peek of Andromeda and root a few days ago was not designed to be a way to replace rooted substratum builds, or to convince that root + Andromeda is the way to go.

As a small number of users seem to be using Andromeda on a rooted device, it is simply just one rooted call that executes the same environment as if you plugged your device into the computer. Just like the current rooted Magisk plugins/scripts that require you to execute "su andromeda" by the community in XDA.

To those who used to run masquerade and substratum back in the day, the calling package usually suffered the most because it caused a heavy configuration change due to "assetSeq" code from CMTE. As we are now using direct shell calls, the configuration change is lighter than the previous implementation but still exists, thus, a more reliable way for us was to "offload" the configuration change from the main substratum app.

You do NOT need to (re)purchase Andromeda, and I would personally just stick with rooted mode on substratum for free if you are on Oreo, despite the configuration change explanation above, as Android O's Dynamic Overlays are faster than "assetSeq" and more reliable.

However if you're unrooted, the recommended method is to definitely give Andromeda a try!

One more thing, running the script no longer automatically runs substratum. As we have new plans of the app very soon and it shouldn't just be reserved for substratum!
    As promised, this is the major Substratum update that will prompt you guys to download Andromeda.

11AM EST is the rollout time for the articles and the Andromeda addon APK!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73748157&postcount=15

For those impatient: https://time.is/EST
    I'm glad that a lot of people are interested. Unfortunately I'll apologize in advance if I couldn't get to your PM. My inbox just flooded like no tomorrow! Haha

Mac, Windows and Linux clients are all done, including the universal UI (alpha). So if the universal UI doesn't work, there will be a fallback.

The Andromeda app is also done and privately tested ATM. Substratum is getting patches up and ready and will be done today or tomorrow, then the full announcement for the huge update will be pushed AFTER our scheduled XDA portal post is done :)
    Hi all, this is a simple series of clean up commands for when you migrate to the new version of Substratum 990+, AND are on a Samsung device.

Newly compiled overlays will be readily visible on 990+ on Samsung + Andromeda users.

These commands are to be run INSIDE adb shell!

Uninstall all INACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[ \]' | sed 's/\[ \]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all ACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[x\]' | sed 's/\[x\]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all INVALID overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\-\-\-' | sed 's/---//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone