[PC/MAC/LINUX] The official, full Andromeda thread for Substratum [Android 8.0.0+]

Search This thread

NixyYumi

Jun 27, 2013
Oppo Reno5
S8 Stock Rom

not working anymore in march security patch after i format and everything nothing can fix it. im in rootless dont want to root because of warranty. i paid for nothing :( using S8 Stock Rom.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
not working anymore in march security patch after i format and everything nothing can fix it. im in rootless dont want to root because of warranty. i paid for nothing :( using S8 Stock Rom.
March Security Patch update on my Stock Unrooted Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Oreo 8.0 and Substratum + Andromeda is working perfectly - Did you follow the instructions with the latest updates to Substratum & Andromeda? ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

LiquidT

Could use a little help. My substratum has stopped working. I have uninstalled substratum and reinstalled it. I have uninstalled andromeda and reinstalled it and I still get a popup saying "substratum can not connect to andromeda backend" not real sure what the problem is. it was working great until about a week ago. any ideas? andromeda has the green screen saying connected too

G

GuestX00981

Will the need to be tethered via USB always be present? It's really annoying to have to rely on that to update/install overlays. Please hepl me

seanskiT!

Feb 27, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
Could use a little help. My substratum has stopped working. I have uninstalled substratum and reinstalled it. I have uninstalled andromeda and reinstalled it and I still get a popup saying "substratum can not connect to andromeda backend" not real sure what the problem is. it was working great until about a week ago. any ideas? andromeda has the green screen saying connected too

It would help if ypu gave more info. Especially what device you are on....

Will the need to be tethered via USB always be present? It's really annoying to have to rely on that to update/install overlays. Please hepl me

Seems like a small thing to be able to do what we can with out root. Why complain?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
plus.google.com
Verizon galaxy s8+

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Verizon galaxy s8+
Tap Andromeda once you see it see the settings on the right click that and put a check allow debuggable. See mines then exit out and plugin your phone to computer and try again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180421-181624_andromeda.jpg
    Screenshot_20180421-181624_andromeda.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 755
G

GuestX00981

It would help if ypu gave more info. Especially what device you are on....

Seems like a small thing to be able to do what we can with out root. Why complain?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs

My device is rooted. When the usb connection is lost, andromeda closes. How to stay open

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
plus.google.com
My device is rooted. When the usb connection is lost, andromeda closes. How to stay open
If your rooted you don't need Andromeda, just give permission to SuperSu for Substratum.

Edit: Andromeda is for people not rooted so they can use Substratum.

G

GuestX00981

If your rooted you don't need Andromeda, just give permission to SuperSu for Substratum.

Edit: Andromeda is for people not rooted so they can use Substratum.

I use magisk root. How can I do it with Magisk

LiquidT

Tap Andromeda once you see it see the settings on the right click that and put a check allow debuggable. See mines then exit out and plugin your phone to computer and try again.

Thanks Venom0642.
After I press the andromeda icon it pops up saying connected, I press the gear icon and it does nothing. The popup only stays for a second before closing. The real problem is I have LP installed, could be the root of my problems. I wish we could get this to work with LP on system. I would be more than happy to make a donation to the developer to make it work with LP. Any further help would be great.

Verizon galaxy s8+
Version 8.0.0
Security patch level " March 1 2018"
windows 10 & window 7
Substratum v984
andromeda Release 21

zippy01

Jul 26, 2012
I'm on Sony Xperia XZ1
1st April patch
My Andromeda pop up opens and closes straight away but is green.
Substratum opens but has an error message saying cannot connect to backend

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ1 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions for Windows

Step 1 - Download your file for your current operating system!

Andromeda App 6.0.0 (Windows): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397937511

Step 2 - Install the mobile clients from the Play Store

Play Store (Substratum v839+): If you have not yet, please install the main app! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum

Play Store (Andromeda): You can install the latest Substratum on Android Oreo, unrooted, and it will prompt you directly (can't link due to paid addon)

Step 3 - Load up the Andromeda Desktop Client or Script!

1. Enable "USB debugging" on your device
    2. Install systemwide ADB drivers on your PC
    3. Connect your device to your PC
    4. Download the desktop client ZIP archive from the link below
    5. Extract the downloaded archive file and open the extracted app
    6. Press any button to start/stop server
    7. Wait for the process to finish, then you can disconnect your device from your PC
      You will need to do the instructions above every time you reboot your device.
    Andromeda v20 has been rolled out, and we have a key few things that need to be noted!

I would like to clarify that the sneak peek of Andromeda and root a few days ago was not designed to be a way to replace rooted substratum builds, or to convince that root + Andromeda is the way to go.

As a small number of users seem to be using Andromeda on a rooted device, it is simply just one rooted call that executes the same environment as if you plugged your device into the computer. Just like the current rooted Magisk plugins/scripts that require you to execute "su andromeda" by the community in XDA.

To those who used to run masquerade and substratum back in the day, the calling package usually suffered the most because it caused a heavy configuration change due to "assetSeq" code from CMTE. As we are now using direct shell calls, the configuration change is lighter than the previous implementation but still exists, thus, a more reliable way for us was to "offload" the configuration change from the main substratum app.

You do NOT need to (re)purchase Andromeda, and I would personally just stick with rooted mode on substratum for free if you are on Oreo, despite the configuration change explanation above, as Android O's Dynamic Overlays are faster than "assetSeq" and more reliable.

However if you're unrooted, the recommended method is to definitely give Andromeda a try!

One more thing, running the script no longer automatically runs substratum. As we have new plans of the app very soon and it shouldn't just be reserved for substratum!
    As promised, this is the major Substratum update that will prompt you guys to download Andromeda.

11AM EST is the rollout time for the articles and the Andromeda addon APK!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73748157&postcount=15

For those impatient: https://time.is/EST
    I'm glad that a lot of people are interested. Unfortunately I'll apologize in advance if I couldn't get to your PM. My inbox just flooded like no tomorrow! Haha

Mac, Windows and Linux clients are all done, including the universal UI (alpha). So if the universal UI doesn't work, there will be a fallback.

The Andromeda app is also done and privately tested ATM. Substratum is getting patches up and ready and will be done today or tomorrow, then the full announcement for the huge update will be pushed AFTER our scheduled XDA portal post is done :)
    Hi all, this is a simple series of clean up commands for when you migrate to the new version of Substratum 990+, AND are on a Samsung device.

Newly compiled overlays will be readily visible on 990+ on Samsung + Andromeda users.

These commands are to be run INSIDE adb shell!

Uninstall all INACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[ \]' | sed 's/\[ \]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all ACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[x\]' | sed 's/\[x\]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all INVALID overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\-\-\-' | sed 's/---//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone