[PC/MAC/LINUX] The official, full Andromeda thread for Substratum [Android 8.0.0+]

Search This thread
How come I have no reason dude? Money, don't matter the amount it's money! Don't need to be an asshole about. I thanked you for trying to help me, and its strange that you got mad cuz I said I got scammed, since you're not the developer, which I don't think it's true, but like you said, you don't care, so piss off
Your attitude sucks bro, you didn't get scammed.... see what I mean? Scam really? All those people using it without issue got scammed? XDA let them scam people? I think not! It's working on ALL my devices without issue. No root, root, Samsung, nexus, pixel etc no issues...Go find help elsewhere then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180506-182601_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180506-182601_Settings.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_20180506-182609_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180506-182609_Settings.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 299

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180506-193123_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180506-193123_Settings.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Screenshot_20180506-193129_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180506-193129_Settings.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: Venom0642

PreemPalver

Sep 10, 2011
Milan
I can't start substratum. It says verification has failed. Andromeda is connected.
I don't have any pirated apps installed. I've installed adhell3. Could that be the problem?

EDIT: Nevermind. My wifi connection was blocking the license check I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: djdarkknight96

maxvan1923

May 7, 2018
I'm running Oreo 8.1 on Essential Phone. Everthing is connect, but when I ask to compile and install, I always get this message:

substratum could not connect to andromeda backend

imgur.com /a/yduXBv3 (remove space between com and /

And btw, why everything is yellow loke on my screenshot? :confused::confused::confused:

Fr.Shahidi

May 17, 2014
Qazvin
Hi
I am pressing the Substratum icon but it closes immediately! Why?
I Rerun the Andromeda client and try again. But it doesn't stable? What shall I do? Please guide me.

raidflex

Apr 30, 2008
Can't use sungstratum on Oreo, either root or use Andromeda.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Read a few post back and see if you have apps listed that will make it not connect.

I really hope it will be possible in the future to update overlays without tether, this is really a pita because of the amount of updates for just Google apps that are released. Having to tether and reboot 2-3 times to just update apps multiple times a week is a little excessive. Even the Play Store and other major built in apps get updates very frequently. sometimes multiple times a week. This is a problem with the play store especially because if its update it breaks updating for all apps until the overlay is uninstalled.

I just wish Google would release a black theme, seriously how hard is it to do this for at least just the Google branded apps.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I really hope it will be possible in the future to update overlays without tether, this is really a pita because of the amount of updates for just Google apps that are released. Having to tether and reboot 2-3 times to just update apps multiple times a week is a little excessive. Even the Play Store and other major built in apps get updates very frequently. sometimes multiple times a week. This is a problem with the play store especially because if its update it breaks updating for all apps until the overlay is uninstalled.

I just wish Google would release a black theme, seriously how hard is it to do this for at least just the Google branded apps.

A-FLIPPIN-MEN brother! :good::good:

Reactions: klbjr
Hi All, So frustrated...the process is straightforward yet I have tried it several times without success.
The problem is that even after running the batch file the connections status stays "Disconnected". I have ran adb commands to my phone before with Minimal ADB (for immersive mode), so I know the phone connects and the drivers work.

I have ran the Andromeda's batch script file this two ways (dont know if this matters)
- while having the Minimal ADB & Fastboot installed
- after installing ADB with the 15-sec ADB Installer, I uninstalled the Minimal ADB first

The command window appears and disappears too quickly so I cant provide a screenshot with the contents. One thing I've noticed is that after running the batch file the device connection appears as "unauthorized". However, I can get it back to reconnect by unplugging and replugging the USB cable back.

I have tried to uninstall-reboot-reinstall (Substratum and Andromeda) and uncheck-reboot-check USB debugging (OEM unlock is unavailable in my phone). No success. Dont know what else to do :`( Any ideas???

Running Galaxy S9, Android 8.0, Tmobile, Snapdragon on original stock theme. Windows 10.0 Home (build 16299).
When you click on the batch file to start it don't run it as administrator, just click open. Sorry if you've already figured it out.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G965U1 using XDA Labs

Here here, dark mode I would love.

And

They just release tetherless mode sungstromeda mode. Can build enable and uninstall overlays without pc on Samsung. For now only Samsung. It's legacy mode so is different to install overlays but no PC needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions for Windows

Step 1 - Download your file for your current operating system!

Andromeda App 6.0.0 (Windows): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397937511

Step 2 - Install the mobile clients from the Play Store

Play Store (Substratum v839+): If you have not yet, please install the main app! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum

Play Store (Andromeda): You can install the latest Substratum on Android Oreo, unrooted, and it will prompt you directly (can't link due to paid addon)

Step 3 - Load up the Andromeda Desktop Client or Script!

1. Enable "USB debugging" on your device
    2. Install systemwide ADB drivers on your PC
    3. Connect your device to your PC
    4. Download the desktop client ZIP archive from the link below
    5. Extract the downloaded archive file and open the extracted app
    6. Press any button to start/stop server
    7. Wait for the process to finish, then you can disconnect your device from your PC
      You will need to do the instructions above every time you reboot your device.
    Andromeda v20 has been rolled out, and we have a key few things that need to be noted!

I would like to clarify that the sneak peek of Andromeda and root a few days ago was not designed to be a way to replace rooted substratum builds, or to convince that root + Andromeda is the way to go.

As a small number of users seem to be using Andromeda on a rooted device, it is simply just one rooted call that executes the same environment as if you plugged your device into the computer. Just like the current rooted Magisk plugins/scripts that require you to execute "su andromeda" by the community in XDA.

To those who used to run masquerade and substratum back in the day, the calling package usually suffered the most because it caused a heavy configuration change due to "assetSeq" code from CMTE. As we are now using direct shell calls, the configuration change is lighter than the previous implementation but still exists, thus, a more reliable way for us was to "offload" the configuration change from the main substratum app.

You do NOT need to (re)purchase Andromeda, and I would personally just stick with rooted mode on substratum for free if you are on Oreo, despite the configuration change explanation above, as Android O's Dynamic Overlays are faster than "assetSeq" and more reliable.

However if you're unrooted, the recommended method is to definitely give Andromeda a try!

One more thing, running the script no longer automatically runs substratum. As we have new plans of the app very soon and it shouldn't just be reserved for substratum!
    As promised, this is the major Substratum update that will prompt you guys to download Andromeda.

11AM EST is the rollout time for the articles and the Andromeda addon APK!

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73748157&postcount=15

For those impatient: https://time.is/EST
    I'm glad that a lot of people are interested. Unfortunately I'll apologize in advance if I couldn't get to your PM. My inbox just flooded like no tomorrow! Haha

Mac, Windows and Linux clients are all done, including the universal UI (alpha). So if the universal UI doesn't work, there will be a fallback.

The Andromeda app is also done and privately tested ATM. Substratum is getting patches up and ready and will be done today or tomorrow, then the full announcement for the huge update will be pushed AFTER our scheduled XDA portal post is done :)
    Hi all, this is a simple series of clean up commands for when you migrate to the new version of Substratum 990+, AND are on a Samsung device.

Newly compiled overlays will be readily visible on 990+ on Samsung + Andromeda users.

These commands are to be run INSIDE adb shell!

Uninstall all INACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[ \]' | sed 's/\[ \]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all ACTIVE overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\[x\]' | sed 's/\[x\]//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done

Uninstall all INVALID overlays:

Code:
    for item in $(cmd overlay list | grep '\-\-\-' | sed 's/---//');do echo ${item} && pm uninstall ${item};done