PC Quick Commands | Android 4.0+ | 1.4 BETA

Search This thread

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
What is PC Quick Commands?

PC Quick Commands is a good looking, simple and open source app to send important commands to your PC. I know a handful of apps exist that offer similar functionality but I just wanted to write my own and I will be adding more functionality to it soon, while keeping it simple and free of bloat/ads and unwanted features/commands, like other apps.

Screenshots

AClyR2wl.png
3G9T6XJl.png
JOwLXmll.png

Features

• Android Wear support (beta)
  • Open source and free
  • No ads
  • Lightweight in terms of size and resource consumption
  • Good design
  • Supports Android 4.0 and above

Commands supported as of now:

• Restart
  • Shutdown
  • Log off
  • Suspend/Sleep
  • Hibernate
  • Run command (like, ping www.google.com)
  • Run application command (like, chrome.exe)
  • Custom command

More commands will be supported soon!

Operating system support:

- Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/8.1)
- Mac & Linux (SOON!)

This is a BETA app so things are not guaranteed to function properly every time. I am working hard to add more commands and iron out the bugs.

Download (Play Store)

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ssrij.pcqc.pcquickcommands

IMPORTANT NOTE: Requires client app to be installed on your PC/Laptop to function properly: You can download it from here: http://goo.gl/5YnnLm. Please make sure .NET Framework 2 is installed else the client app won't work!

Source

Source code: https://github.com/theblixguy/PCQuickCommands

Last edited:

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
Changelog:

Version 1.4 - September 10th 2014

• More bug fixes

Version 1.3 - September 9th 2014

• Support for Android Wear
  • Bug fixes

Version 1.2 - March 30th 2014

• Updated UI
  • Ability to store recently executed commands for faster access (BETA). To access recent commands, just swipe from the left edge of the screen!
  • Ability to login/signup on first run
  • Ability to switch to a different account
  • Automatic update checks for both client app and Android app
  • Bug fixes

Version 1.1 - February 15th 2014

• New setup tutorial
  • New about page
  • Minor fixes

Version 1.0 - February 14th 2014

• Initial release

Last edited:
Reactions: ayushjha

tbot

Sep 24, 2008
Have you ever heard of Salling Clicker? Was an app back in the day before smart phones that worked via Bluetooth to control your Mac from your phone as well as some other neat little scripts. I would love to see something like that for android and it appears you're already part of the way there!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
Have you ever heard of Salling Clicker? Was an app back in the day before smart phones that worked via Bluetooth to control your Mac from your phone as well as some other neat little scripts. I would love to see something like that for android and it appears you're already part of the way there!

I see.. but I don't want to make a "Control your PC" alternative. The aim is to enable the user to send important commands remotely, using an available internet connection. That is why I have kept the list simple. I don't want to overwhelm the user with crapload of commands and I want to keep things simple and straightforward. If the user wants to control his entire keyboard or mouse or other stuff then there are apps available for that. There's an option in my app to send a custom command (working on it) using which you can send anything, from mouse location coordinates to media control commands like play and pause. It'll be live in next version

Last edited:

tbot

Sep 24, 2008
Gotcha, and makes sense. I just miss the text notifications, and mainly music controls, which involved fading out and pausing music when a phone call came in, and restarting and fading in when the call ended.

ekabon

Aug 6, 2012
I think you should add a feature of "booting on start" for the desktop PC client, as it is really annoying to launch it manually every time. Thanks bro!

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
Maybe you could use some ideas from Unified Remote? It has "touchpad", keyboard, and basic multimedia functions as well.

I don't want to replicate touchpad and keyboard functionality, I just want to make it easy for people to send important commands! My plan now is to add more commands and also make the commands more powerful, like instead of only running Chrome, you could specify the URL to open or enable users to execute multiple commands and more.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
I think you should add a feature of "booting on start" for the desktop PC client, as it is really annoying to launch it manually every time. Thanks bro!

Working on it. For now, you can create a shortcut of the app and set it to run on startup by moving the shortcut to the Startup folder. There are other ways to make it start on startup as well.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ekabon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is PC Quick Commands?

PC Quick Commands is a good looking, simple and open source app to send important commands to your PC. I know a handful of apps exist that offer similar functionality but I just wanted to write my own and I will be adding more functionality to it soon, while keeping it simple and free of bloat/ads and unwanted features/commands, like other apps.

Screenshots

AClyR2wl.png
    3G9T6XJl.png
    JOwLXmll.png

Features

• Android Wear support (beta)
    • Open source and free
    • No ads
    • Lightweight in terms of size and resource consumption
    • Good design
    • Supports Android 4.0 and above

Commands supported as of now:

• Restart
    • Shutdown
    • Log off
    • Suspend/Sleep
    • Hibernate
    • Run command (like, ping www.google.com)
    • Run application command (like, chrome.exe)
    • Custom command

More commands will be supported soon!

Operating system support:

- Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/8.1)
    - Mac & Linux (SOON!)

This is a BETA app so things are not guaranteed to function properly every time. I am working hard to add more commands and iron out the bugs.

Download (Play Store)

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ssrij.pcqc.pcquickcommands

IMPORTANT NOTE: Requires client app to be installed on your PC/Laptop to function properly: You can download it from here: http://goo.gl/5YnnLm. Please make sure .NET Framework 2 is installed else the client app won't work!

Source

Source code: https://github.com/theblixguy/PCQuickCommands
    Just dropping by to see if this is still being worked on.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just read you have exams. Good Luck on them

Exams over, I pushed a new update just now. Should be up in Play Store in few hours! :)
    Changelog:

Version 1.4 - September 10th 2014

• More bug fixes

Version 1.3 - September 9th 2014

• Support for Android Wear
    • Bug fixes

Version 1.2 - March 30th 2014

• Updated UI
    • Ability to store recently executed commands for faster access (BETA). To access recent commands, just swipe from the left edge of the screen!
    • Ability to login/signup on first run
    • Ability to switch to a different account
    • Automatic update checks for both client app and Android app
    • Bug fixes

Version 1.1 - February 15th 2014

• New setup tutorial
    • New about page
    • Minor fixes

Version 1.0 - February 14th 2014

• Initial release
    fading out and pausing music when a phone call came in, and restarting and fading in when the call ended.

Might consider adding an option to enable that feature via an IAP after app reaches stable state :)
    I have added support for Android Wear also, if you guys can test the latest version and let me know if things work fine then it'll be great :)