[PC-UTIL] [Discontinued] [Source Opened] Android RTL Auto-Patcher + ProTools (v.1.5)

Search This thread

amirdt

Jan 14, 2008
Tel Aviv
Hello, got "unexpected error" while trying to apply V0.0.3 to: MDJ's CyanogenMod 7 v. 2.3 (CWM)
Log file attached.

Edit: run again the same AndroidRTLPatcher just about 1 min after the previous fail, this time all passed without an error.

Attachments

• log.txt
    7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Hello, got "unexpected error" while trying to apply V0.0.3 to: MDJ's CyanogenMod 7 v. 2.3 (CWM)
Log file attached.

Edit: run again the same AndroidRTLPatcher just about 1 min after the previous fail, this time all passed without an error.

While the log didn't specify the actual error, I believe Java errored during recompression.
Try to delete the app dir, clear windows cache, redownload the app, re-extract and retry.
If that fails, let me know.

downloadzy

Jan 6, 2008
ehmmmm

we are waiting the RTL revolution starting from XDA by a genius innovator :)

you looks going deep in the language ocean's,

we are waiting the big hunt of you.

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
jaguaralani-pda.forumms.net
After using the Desire Z ROM for a few weeks, I decided to change to another one , installed Phiremod FINAL SD VERSION.

Applied the RTL patcher V 003,

PC OS Win7
Java YES
.Net4 YES

HD2 - WM Miri V18 COM2
Radio 2.15.50 ( RAM 576 MB )
Android Phiremod FINAL SD Version

LOG attached...

CHANGES

DID NOT BOOT ( waited for over 20 minutes ).... :eek:

Attachments

• log.7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 11

odoss

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
Test Connection : OK !
Test Compatibility : OK !
Installation : OK !
Reboot : OK !

But

It doesn't work with nexushd 1.9b build :)

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
It doesn't work again :)

log :

There seem to be no errors in your log (the part that says "Error" is actually a bug, it should say "Output" - I had the strings crossed.
I have to guess it's a build issue - perhaps it's just not compatible despite being JAR based.
Rename 'classes_new.dex' to 'classes.dex' (if one already exists, delete it) - then insert it into 'framework.jar' (over-writing the existing one) and push framework.jar to your phone to /system/framework/
If that doesn't work, I have no idea, sorry.

odoss

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
There seem to be no errors in your log (the part that says "Error" is actually a bug, it should say "Output" - I had the strings crossed.
I have to guess it's a build issue - perhaps it's just not compatible despite being JAR based.
Rename 'classes_new.dex' to 'classes.dex' (if one already exists, delete it) - then insert it into 'framework.jar' (over-writing the existing one) and push framework.jar to your phone to /system/framework/
If that doesn't work, I have no idea, sorry.

i'll try it tomorrow

thanks anyway.

liron1980

Dec 31, 2010
hi,

first- tnx! it wores great.
I wanted to let you know that i flashed a MDJ's CyanogenMod 7 v. 2.4 cw.
All my data was saved exept for the lang fix. It took 5 min to do it through the computer, no biggi, just FYI...

Thank you :)

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
hi,

first- tnx! it wores great.
I wanted to let you know that i flashed a MDJ's CyanogenMod 7 v. 2.4 cw.
All my data was saved exept for the lang fix. It took 5 min to do it through the computer, no biggi, just FYI...

Thank you :)

The lang fix is applied directly to the system dir, which is an internal rom directory and is bound to be 'lost' during rom upgrades.
That's why I created the program, because patching took so long each time I got tired of doing it manually every time I upgrade a Rom (which is a lot)

I've been trying to convince MDJ to pre-patch his builds, but he never replied. Some devs do it, some don't - it's not that hard to do even as a dev. Maybe if we all weigh in together and request a pre-patched build in his build threads, something'll change :)

And lastly - 5 minutes? That's a long, long time, the program should take about 60 seconds at most, unless you're doing it form a slow computer which would take longer to de/re-compress the framework file.

liron1980

Dec 31, 2010
The lang fix is applied directly to the system dir, which is an internal rom directory and is bound to be 'lost' during rom upgrades.
That's why I created the program, because patching took so long each time I got tired of doing it manually every time I upgrade a Rom (which is a lot)

I've been trying to convince MDJ to pre-patch his builds, but he never replied. Some devs do it, some don't - it's not that hard to do even as a dev. Maybe if we all weigh in together and request a pre-patched build in his build threads, something'll change :)

And lastly - 5 minutes? That's a long, long time, the program should take about 60 seconds at most, unless you're doing it form a slow computer which would take longer to de/re-compress the framework file.

Got it.
The mdj's build thread is so huge that it's just dont seem right to ask... he'll never read all of it anyway.

5 min? well it was just a figure of speech... it's very fast, didnt look at the time, next rom i will!

I have noticed that the mail, sms & contacts looks good but the calendar and gallery letter are mixed. like- לימודים=םידומיל any word on that?

again,

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discontinuation Notice + Source Opened!

This project is now discontinued, as I have moved on to Android 4.X (ICS) which has perfect built-in RTL support.
    I will still provide basic support as much as I can, but if your device has it, I recommend you move on to ICS as well.

If you wish to continue working on this project and improving, you have my blessing (as long as you credit me, of course).
    Source code is available here, but be-ware: it's an undocumented, unorganized mess.

Android RTL Auto-Patcher
    Version 1.5

The Problem

It's a well known fact that while Android has Hebrew and Arabic fonts, it has a problem with Right-To-Left alignment. The problem: It doesn't exist.
    Sure, MOST programs display text correctly, but mix text and numbers in the same line and you'll get reverse numbers (123 appears as 321), and in SOME Google apps (like Gmail and Maps) the words themselves are reverse (so 'apple' appears as 'elppa').

The Old Solution

There is a solution for this, however you have to create a separate patch for every build, because the patch changes files in the build's framework. It's a relatively easy process, but for people who change builds constantly, it can get tiresome.

This Program

This program detects if a build is compatible with the patch, and if so - creates it almost automatically and install it back to the phone. A process that took about 10 minutes to complete before and required some knowhow, now takes only seconds and requires almost no prior experience!

rtl01.png

ProTools
    The ProTools are a collection of tools that will allow you to patch ROMs manually either directly to ZIP files, to the phone, or to framework files. It will also allow you to push, pull, extract and manipulate files to and from ROMs of all kinds, with great flexibility and ease!

rtl02.png

Compatibility
    This program is intended for use with custom DEODEXED roms of Android versions 2.1 and above. The program will inform you if your build is not deodexed.
    The program will allow you to either push the fix directly to the device or flash via recovery.
    WARNING: Some 'squashedFS' builds have been reported not to be compatible, and the program can not - at the moment - detect those!

Warnings
    This program is in Beta stage!
    Many features have not been thoroughly tested and error handling is far from perfect.
    It may give some errors, crash or stall - at which point I ask that you please send me your log.txt (to find it, click 'About' and then 'Locate Log') or as an upload in this thread.

I do request - however - that you try to be as specific as possible regarding your build, your computer, and what caused the problem.
    Also, if you include the log here, please enclose it in 'code' tags.

Requirements
    • You MUST have Microsoft .Net Framework 4 installed for this to work.
    • You will also need the latest Java Runtime Environment
    • You must also have the ADB drivers already installed:
      • In Windows Vista/7, just connect the phone and let Windows Update do it's thing.
      • In Windows XP, you need to manually install the drivers available here.
    • ADB itself comes with the program, so you don't need that.
    How to use
    • If available, boot into recovery (recommended for non-rooted devices!)
    • Connect your phone to USB and make sure the computer recognizes it
    • Run the program, and select 'Test Connection'
    • After connection has been made, if the build is compatible - select the correct Sense version. The program WILL attempt to auto-detect, but it's not 100% reliable, so please confirm that the program detected correctly
    • Select distribution method:
      • Push to Device (Recommended) - does simply that, the program will attempt to automatically patch the phone for you.
      • Create ZIP - creates a ZIP file that's flashable through Recovery (Clockwork Recovery Mod). Will also offer you to save the ZIP on the SD card (doesn't even require mounting USB).
      • Show File - will just show you the patched 'framework.jar' so you can do whatever you want with it.
    • Select any additional options you might be interested in (Gingerbread keyboard, for example - is a fixed Gingerbread keyboard with fixed Hebrew RTL that is compatible with the patch the program installs. It should work on 2.2 devices as well, and replaces the stock Android keyboard).
    • GO GO GO!

Reporting bugs
    Please be sure to provide the name and type of your build when giving feedback or reporting bugs. For better bug-squashing, please also provide your log.txt file, which you will find in the application's directory.

Also, even if you experienced no bugs, your logs will be appreciated.

Finally, if you put the the log content in your post, PLEASE encode it with 'code' tags.​

If you have any additional non-bug-related questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. I will do my best to improve this program as time goes by.
    Thank you, and good luck!

Download
    Always available here:
    Changelog, Known Issues and Planned Features

Changelog

1.5 - 14/08/2011
    • Advanced build numbers to 1.5 due to massive advances in the program.
    • Added global error handling - might not solve ALL problems, but will hopefully help avoid unlogged crashes.
    • When "Install Gingerbread Keyboard" and "Create Zip" are both selected, it will now also install the keyboard on the Zip.
    • The program will now also try to mount sd-ext in addition to system before patching (as will the flashable Zip).
    • When patching fails, the program will offer you to save the patched file to your computer for use with ProTools.
    • In the 'About' window, added the option to find the log file on your computer (for easier error reports).
    • Other minor undocumented improvements.
    • Completely overhauled the ProTools:
      • Offline Patching: Allows patching ROM Zips or 'framework.jar' files directly.
      • Manual Operations: Pretty much what ProTools was before, except with an easier straight-forward interface and with the option to operate on a ROM Zip file, from your phone, or directly from a 'framework.jar' file.
      • Added the option to manually push or pull anything to or from anywhere (with specific buttons for 'framework.jar', 'framework-res.apk' (for theming) and 'build.prop'.
      • Added the option to manually patch the Keyboard to the phone or the a ROM Zip.

1.1.2 - 20/07/2011 - minor update
    • Improved Sense 3.0 Detection
    • Updated build detection strings
    1.1.0 - 14/06/2011
    • Fixed critical interface bug that caused the operation compelte / restart prompt not to appear if 'Push' was selected.

1.1.0 - 14/06/2011
    • Removed support for SD/SDRAM based builds
    • Instead, created three distribution methods: Push file, Create flashable zip or just Display file
    • Flashable zip will be flashable via recovery, and will attempt to push itself to the device's SD card.

Version 1.0.0 Beta
    • Build Detection:
      • Improved build properties detection
      • Vastly improved Sense detection mechanism
      • Sense versions now distinct by Sense version
      • Added Sense 2.1 (Gingerbread) support
    • 'Pro Tools' (Beta) - Every single function of the patcher can now be called on seperately and manually.
    • Changed versioning scheme. Version 1.0.0 to be assigned.
    • Updated core framework files (fixed a lot of stability issues in Sense2.0 builds)

Planned Features

• I plan to seriously improve the RTL fix itself in the near future, but since I lack the knowledge to do so myself, I'm waiting for some new methods currently under development by the excellent devs at iAndroid.co.il to be released.
    • I do plan to release to program's source code eventually, it's just such a mess at this point that I'm more ashamed of it than anything else.
    • I also plan to include a logcat monitor. Because the patch causes the phone to rebuild dalvik cache, first boot after patching often takes a VERY LONG time, and some users wrongfully assume their phone is frozen. I plan to include a logcat monitor that will hopefully know to differentiate between bootloops, errors, and dalvik rebuilding, so users can tell if their phone is actually frozen or just working. If this works, I might release this as an actual separate program.

Known Issues

• Build 1.1.0 - If 'Push' is selected, when patching process finishes, no message is displayed and the program doesn't prompt to restart. - fixed in 1.1.1
    • There is hardly any error handling in the ProTools section. If they are called with no device available, it MAY freeze/crash the program. Will be fixed in upcoming release.
    • Fixes for Squashed filesystem roms do not work! Mostly.
    • Error handling is STILL utter ****e, may give unexpected errors (or not at all and just fail altogether).
    • If HTC Sync is installed and active, stuff may go nuts all around (as of 0.0.5 this is detected by the program and warns user).
    Credits

Program and Graphics created by Elad Avron using Visual Studio 2010 Express.

ZIP Functions created by Elad Avron using free libraries from the IC#Code group, available at http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sharpziplib/

Special thanks:
    From HTCAddicts.com: Ronenpg, Ohect.
    From XDA-Developers.com: TheAgent1982, silverbluem, mdeejay and the entire HD2 dev crew
    From iAndroid.co.il: Classicaldude (Original fix, the hero of RTL!), Dudyk (Original fix), rasmux (Modified fix), Liavk1 (partial SenseHD fix), Avicohh (Gingerbread Keyboard), N1Man (RTL fix for Gingerbread Keyboard).

Keyboard fix by Avicohh and N1Man (from iAndoird.co.il)
    2 questions man: 1 on-topic and 1 off-topic:

1- Do you think this patcher will work on MIUI builds?!

2- Do you know how to edit libwebcore.so file?! How to compile it?! How to patch it to have arabic support?! Coz MIUI builds still dont have a arabic-patched library libwebcore.so file!!! And this is so frustrating! Maybe you can help wit it :rolleyes:

Thanks man:)

1. I have no idea, I have never tried or even examined MIUI builds. I'm guessing if they're based on either Nexus, Evo or Desire, they should IN THEORY be compatible, but I can't know for sure without testing.

2. I don't know yet, I was planning to learn the process and add it as an option for the next version. Theoretically - again - it SHOULD be compatible, but I won't know for sure without further testing.
    If it will work man i'll give you a real big THANKS! :D
    <IGNORE>Well, i do have the JDK installed, so it should have JRE inside.
    the log is attached </IGNORE>

Well forget about that, i've installed JRE, and it patches just find, my assumption about the JDK probably was not correct.

And it's working! Thanks!