• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

PDAphone with camera better than 2MP?

Search This thread

twr7cx

Oct 25, 2007
I had an O2 XDA Atom. It was my first Windows Mobile device, prior to this I had only ever used Nokia Symbian phones as far as Smartphones go. After the ease of syncing my contacts and files with Outlook and Microsoft Windows Vista, I'm hooked.

However, the most disapointing things so far have been firstly the poor quality cameras on these devices and secondly the lack of 1 hand use.

I attempted to resolve my second issue by purchasing an O2 XDA Stealth - figuring with the keypad it will be able to be used with 1 hand - for anyone familiar with the Stealth, you'll know that this is a common misconception and in reality the keypad on the Stealth is good for nothing!

So I'm now considering changing to a new phone - probably something with a fully keyboard (unless anyone can suggest something else).
At the same time I'm hoping to find a device with a half decent camera - so to the purpose of this thread - can anyone recomend a device with a camera better than 2MP?

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Get a separate digicam. HTC models (unfortunately, the Kaiser isn't much better either) gebnerally suck when it comes to image quality.

Alternatively, if the OS isn't a problem, consider getting a Nokia N95 / N82 or a Sony-Ericsson camera model. They're vastly superior to ANY HTC WinMo phones.

twr7cx

Oct 25, 2007
Anything else besides the TYTN II? I was all set to buy it and just relised it doesn't have a bloody flash - considering how cheap LED's are I can't believe manufacturers still skimp on this!!!