• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PDP] setup fail making it difficult to hard reset my Samsung phone

Search This thread

Erskinelink1

Jun 6, 2021
So recently I tried completely wiping my cache from the recovery mode, but when I restarted the phone and held the power and volume up buttons, instead of entering recovery mode the phone just vibrated and booted normally. It then showed this message.

[PDP] Back-up : fail setup-wizard [ FINISH ]

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this ? I've already tried several times.

unknown1818

Jan 25, 2020
So recently I tried completely wiping my cache from the recovery mode, but when I restarted the phone and held the power and volume up buttons, instead of entering recovery mode the phone just vibrated and booted normally. It then showed this message.

[PDP] Back-up : fail setup-wizard [ FINISH ]

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this ? I've already tried several times.

did you fix this? i have exactly same proble, i create custom AP from stock with magisk latest i wipe all partitions but when i flash it over odin i get same error

unknown1818

Jan 25, 2020
i think if you need a rooted phone just install lineageos is much faster and debloated than stock, i change my stock today to lineage and is amazing
when you change to lineageos install auroraoss store amazing app like google store
you can root lineageos so easy in recovery twrp install magisk zip thats all no problems at all

IF you want more options to play jest follow these post

Last edited:

unknown1818

Jan 25, 2020
That message what you have i magisk recovery script.

Magisk is installed on recovery partition and when you hold that button when phone power on magisk installing to the phone thats why vibrate

If you wanna go to recovery mode just hold same button combo before phone start logo shows and keep long as possible and you must have connected usb cable to the pc if you press button combo when logo is already on the phone then magisk start installing and thats why its vibrate

Last edited:

unknown1818

Jan 25, 2020
When you will hard reset i think you gonna lose magisk and root.

That message what you have should say "backup success" i think magisk is broken and for me is not working too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, i still cant hard reset it. This is the feedback [PDP] Back-up : fail setup-wizard [ FINISH ]