Peeping sound in Camera

AlexOneX

Jan 17, 2021
Hey! I've faced with a problem. When I use camera app I can hear peeping sound from camera when I shake device(for example, when I recording video)
Does anyone else has the same issue? Should I ask RMA?
>

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Is it normal or should I ask RMA? I've never faced with it before
I don't have that cam and don't listen closely for cam sounds from a phone. It could also be mechanical image stabilization you are hearing.
My 10+ makes no sound I can percieve.

Those motors don't make that much sound. On Canon lens they are much larger so you can faintly hear them when focusing in a quiet room. On lens like the 70-200 f/2.8 they move relatively heavy internal optic assemblies very fast and efficiently every time you use AF... pretty cool.

If it's very noticeable or getting worse play it safe and RMA it out. Try out another one at a store and see if it does the same thing if you can.

HiddenKnight

Jul 10, 2010
California
I'd suggest a factory reset to eliminate software trying to control mics or camera functions.

If a reset doesn't help against this, I'd suggest an exchange.

My device does not do that, and there is no information on hardware faults for that item.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Factory resets never find the root cause and more than likely it will reoccur* leaving you worse off.

*old loads and virus infections are the exception. They are best dealt with by doing a hard reset.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Software reload can be done with the online tool. As a Google Repair Certified individual, I'd still recommend it.
If the phone is new best thing to do is get a replacement. If it's performing normally I doubt it's firmware and the sound could be normal.
I don't know as I'm listening to what it sounds like or how loud it is.
Some people notice the most minuscule things which end up being normal. That said Samsung's call in tech support sucks; avoid using it.

I get it, it's new and you just shelled out big bucks. Cover your assets and send it back if need be.
Avoid mucking with it as Samsung could void warranty especially if you brick it.