perfect browser?

Search This thread

virx14

Feb 15, 2011
What browser is everyone using? I tried many of them, but they all lack something. I am using CM7 RC4.

- Firefox. Excellent in all areas except for speed. Scrolling and loading is too slow to be useful. Does not support flash - I do not care about flash much, but for some it would be a dealbreaker.
- Dolphin HD. Slow scrolling. Supports flash. Incorrectly renders some pages (iclarified.com). Too slow to be useful for me.
- Opera mobile. Very fast. Supports flash. Would be perfect if it had an ability to change browser agent. Without it many websites insist on using mobile version.

What I want is Firefox features with speed of Opera. Does such thing exist?

Nesrail

Jan 23, 2011
Maybe mirin browser. I haven't tried it so much but it seems fast. Don't know if it supports flash though.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
I use Dolphin HD. Never had any issue except slow scrolling for graphics heavy sites.

easyski

Mar 1, 2011
i use xscope. I have tried dolphin but i cannot stand how it renders some pages (one that comes to mind is reddit).

Firefox like you said is too slow

Opera seems promising, I am using that every once in a while now but still always find myself going back to xscope

buffnutz1

Jul 24, 2010
Since Opera 11 got flash, I feel the other browsers can't compete. up until that point I was a Dolphin HD Guy.

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
Opera Mobile 11 is the only browser I use now. Too many of the websites that I frequent have really slow scrolling on the webkit based browsers. Now that Opera Mobile has GPU acceleration and flash support I can't use anything else.

painter_:
Opera Mobile does not use a proxy unless you turn on turbo mode which will just compress images for you.

onclebob

Jul 15, 2010
paris
Google Pixel 4a
was using miren, but i prefer opera mobile now, i like how it render pages much than miren or firefox. Miren is pretty fine too, i like how it handle tabs.

swaaye

Mar 16, 2011
Opera has font rendering issues, particularly in its always-on overview mode. And it's bookmark management sucks. I don't understand why they made their browser have so little in the way of configuration options.

Dolphin HD is my favorite but Opera is definitely faster.

Firefox is a disaster yet with some serious issues. I hope they continue to work on it.

knaries2000

Apr 13, 2009
opera has tons of config options, if you go to "opera:config" way to much. But I do agree there are few options that I would like that doesn't exists. like disable page overview/preview, bookmark ordering, disable navigation bar. I have a phone and nook, both running 2.2, and same version of opera. On the phone I can disable the navigation bar but I can't do it on the nook. They must be doing some filtering of configs based on device type or resolution.

Opera has font rendering issues, particularly in its always-on overview mode. And it's bookmark management sucks. I don't understand why they made their browser have so little in the way of configuration options.

Dolphin HD is my favorite but Opera is definitely faster.

Firefox is a disaster yet with some serious issues. I hope they continue to work on it.

poppscc

Dec 6, 2009
opera is faster, but the speed isnt enough to make me switch from dolphin hd. it just flows so much better. I dont like the gestures, but like the swipe actions with the shortcuts on the left panel. I also like how it goes to full screen when a site is loaded, and the address bar goes away once it's scrolled away. the tabs are also a joy to use.

poweroutlet

Jul 28, 2010
Opera Mobile has now replaced dolphin HD for me. The great increase in speed and performance made me switch. I still hope Opera gets better tab and bookmark management though. Once that happens, Opera will easily be the best IMO.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Opera is a complete piece of trash.

The scrolling doesn't lock when you scroll up/down so it jitters left/right as you scroll down a page. It looks awful. Every other mobile browser in existence has this feature. Why did they leave it out?

Websites that are not formatted for mobile always load first in completely zoomed out mode with the letters at 0.5 font, regardless of what you set the "zoom" to in the settings. This means browsing around some websites becomes extremely painful since you have to zoom in a TON for every. single. page click.

And the worst of them all: on content heavy pages (ie when a website doesn't have a mobile version), after it finishes loading, the entire page just goes blank. Literally, completely white. The weird thing is when switching tabs, the tab preview still shows the content. But going back to the page and it's still just fully white. Reloading the page doesn't help.

Opera Mobile has "nice scrolling" but that's about it. What a bug-ridden infuriating, and not to mention HUGE (25+ mb) app.

Last edited: