General Performance degradation over time?

Search This thread

maxrdlf95

Sep 8, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Is it only me? I bought the phone a few months ago received on May I been playing a lot of Apex Mobile which is totally not optimized but for iphone 13 pro max but that's not the point

On June I decided to run some benchmarks

On 3D Mark I got on WIld Life Maxed Out it doesn't even say the score now I get 6680
On Wildlife Extreme I got 2481 and now 1816 that's 35%+ slower than before what's the reason for this if anyone experiencing the same?

Geekbench same history I got Single Core 1241 and multicore 3546 late benchmark I did It got 1195 single core and 2885 Multicore

Attachments

• 3D.jpg
    3D.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 105
  • GB.jpg
    GB.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: duttyend

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Was the ambient room temperature the same for all the tests? Did you add case for the later ones?
Once the phone gets too hot it likely will throttle back before it reaches shutdown temperature.

Reactions: duttyend

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Like I said test were done in the same way all apps closed and while phone was idle cold Weird isn't it?
Maybe Google backup Transport, etc running?
It shouldn't slow that much.
The load on this stock N10+ is over 2 yo and still snappy fast.
Any updates?
Try clearing the system cache and do a memory cleaning with Device Care.
Hit it with SD Maid if you got it.

hand-filer

Sep 21, 2021
Canada
Tested at room temperature 23 Celsius. Basically the same score as when new 3 months ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220713-190844_3DMark.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-190844_3DMark.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 76
Any updates?
Definitely on the sd maid. I run it twice a week with a subsequent shutdown then boot (I let it fully rest instead of just a reboot). After any updates go into recovery and clear cache and repair apps. Also, go to battery, background usage limits, and put all apps that you don't need immediate notifications in sleep, and games and such in deep sleep. Honestly, running sd maid and the shutdown/boot really help.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Definitely on the sd maid. I run it twice a week with a subsequent shutdown then boot (I let it fully rest instead of just a reboot). After any updates go into recovery and clear cache and repair apps. Also, go to battery, background usage limits, and put all apps that you don't need immediate notifications in sleep, and games and such in deep sleep. Honestly, running sd maid and the shutdown/boot really help.
Using global power management will cause erratic behavior ie the battery management junk.
Enable fast charging only from that group.

In individual app settings disabling background battery and data use if needed is ok, that's not global power management.
Developer options>standby apps, if all buckets show as active, power management is disabled.

Cevisi

Mar 31, 2019
Its pretty normal electronics like capacitors and resistors decrease thier value over time the reason is thermodynamics

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Its pretty normal electronics like capacitors and resistors decrease thier value over time the reason is thermodynamics
Not really. No electrolytic caps. Good for many hundreds of thousands of cycles. Components will fail outright rather than drift so far out of spec that you notice a change.
The battery (easy to replace), C port, AMOLED display, switches and flash/ram memories are at highest risk in that approximate order. Aside from the battery in a well designed/manufactured device the lifespan of a heavily used, well cared for device is at least 5 years.

A good case is mandatory to limit G loading to survivable levels in drops, to prevent direct impact damage and excessive frame, display and mobo flexing.
Firmware upgrades/updates are a major risk, avoid if not needed.
Care to avoid water exposure and to keep battery heat levels below 103F when using or charging.
Avoid using in direct sunlight, protect from sunlight. Keep display brightness on manual and below 50%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like I said test were done in the same way all apps closed and while phone was idle cold Weird isn't it?
    Any updates?
    Is it only me? I bought the phone a few months ago received on May I been playing a lot of Apex Mobile which is totally not optimized but for iphone 13 pro max but that's not the point

On June I decided to run some benchmarks

On 3D Mark I got on WIld Life Maxed Out it doesn't even say the score now I get 6680
    On Wildlife Extreme I got 2481 and now 1816 that's 35%+ slower than before what's the reason for this if anyone experiencing the same?

Geekbench same history I got Single Core 1241 and multicore 3546 late benchmark I did It got 1195 single core and 2885 Multicore
    Was the ambient room temperature the same for all the tests? Did you add case for the later ones?
    Once the phone gets too hot it likely will throttle back before it reaches shutdown temperature.
    Same Room in my house same ambient temperature I ran the test in the same conditions when Idle and cold