Perma-Temp Root + HULU FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

panamaniac

Jun 8, 2011
Root is working but hulu does show up and starts to play then I get a message telling me its not supported on this platform. I updated flash and mobile mode has been disabled.

Sent from my Overclocked Evo 3D using tapatalk. :-D

Hey, not sure what the problem is...?

For the stock browser I go to options-->settings and de-select "mobile view". For dolphin I go to options-->more-->settings-->dolphin settings-->user agent and select "Desktop". I'm not sure about options-->More--> "Mobile View (GWT)--not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Hope that helps!

awakener

May 23, 2010
Thanks for putting this together. It works great. Only issue I have is the overclocking. Isn't the gb7a86da you used for the Sensation? To fix, is it as simple as renaming 8x60_oc_gb7a86da.ko file to the proper Evo 3D version (8x60_oc_g93c03bf.ko)?

jes24cap

May 10, 2010
Got it wow. Had to update flash before running the hulu script. After tweeking the phone somemore I had to reboot. After the reboot hulu worked
Hey, not sure what the problem is...?

For the stock browser I go to options-->settings and de-select "mobile view". For dolphin I go to options-->more-->settings-->dolphin settings-->user agent and select "Desktop". I'm not sure about options-->More--> "Mobile View (GWT)--not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Overclocked Evo 3D using tapatalk. :-D

panamaniac

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks for putting this together. It works great. Only issue I have is the overclocking. Isn't the gb7a86da you used for the Sensation? To fix, is it as simple as renaming 8x60_oc_gb7a86da.ko file to the proper Evo 3D version (8x60_oc_g93c03bf.ko)?

Completely correct. I fixed this in another thread (see the "+ overclock" thread I made)

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

draghn

Jul 26, 2007
Reno
Thank you!

When I first did this, I never had HTC Sync installed, so I didn't have the "HTC BMP USB Driver" or "HTC Driver Installer" installed which was necessary for adb to find my phone. (DUH, lol)

If anyone sees this "hang" after the daemon is activated, and HTC Sync was never installed, you can
1. start installing HTC Sync, which will install the necessary drivers for your computer to recognize your phone.
2. After the required drivers are installed, it'll prompt you to continue installing HTC Sync. If you don't want HTC Sync, you can cancel at this point and try the temp root again.

This is what worked for me. Hulu on stock browser works well over wifi (after turning off Mobile View in the stock browser settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ANNOUNCING PERMA-TEMP ROOT + HULU FIX!!!!

I've taken the excellent existing information from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1159354 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=688054&page=46

See the first link for instructions, etc. Basically just plug your phone into your PC, make sure USB debugging is on, using your phone as charge only, and that HTC Sync isn't running. Then open up the attached zip and run Run_ME_Fr3vo_ROOT + HULU FIX. OH, and I'm not sure if it matters, but have the latest Adobe Flash player installed on your phone before you start (10.3.185.25)

That's it! Your phone should be rooted AND HULU-ready until you reboot.

WHAT I DID: All I did was add a few commands that will delete your lib file from com.adobe.flashplayer, then install a different .lib file with correct permissions. Now, when you go browse Hulu with your stock browser or Dolphin (making sure your settings are set to disable mobile browsing, or set as DESKTOP VIEW, etc), Hulu won't recognize your phone as non-desktop, and you'll be free to watch Hulu all you want!

[Please note: this is my first time doing anything like this, as in first time ever creating a .bat file or doing anything with adb beyond the very basics; please bear that in mind when ripping me apart for being a noob :) ]

If this was helpful, please let me know with a thanks!

EDIT: Thanks to abe_ahmed09 for reminding me this works with stock browser too! :)