Permanent screen burn in artefacts after some hours in chrome.

Search This thread

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Everybody should check their screens for burn in artefacts. as you can see my screen is f****d.
i've also provided a picture with higher contrast so the artefacts are more visible.
to check if your screen is affected.
enter a dark room,
use max brightness,
and turn it vertically in playsotres gray Background.

Attachments

• IMG-20200506-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200506-WA0002.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 771
  • PicsArt_05-06-11.08.40.jpg
    PicsArt_05-06-11.08.40.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 762

ssj3hulk

Dec 14, 2011
Wow, Can anyone else confirm this ?
If it really has a pathetic design flaw like this, then I am cancelling my order.

zayidhs

Jun 8, 2015
Serdang
LG G3
LG V10
If it really has a pathetic design flaw like this, then I am cancelling my order.

You're kidding right?

You do know that regardless of the company (samsung, Apple, OnePlus etc), having a dud is normal right? There is always a percentage that will have issues from fabrication or imperfections in material.

This includes screens, batteries, SoCs and memory among others.

All you have to do is return if you're the unlucky person to get the 1 bad one out of a thousand.

ejbarah

Jul 28, 2010
Everybody should check their screens for burn in artefacts. as you can see my screen is f****d.
i've also provided a picture with higher contrast so the artefacts are more visible.
to check if your screen is affected.
enter a dark room,
use max brightness,
and turn it vertically in playsotres gray Background.

Mine too. i notice screen burn from playing Pubg. i now see the bag and weapons on screen even im not playing. Now when i start any APP the burns show on it :(

VZTech

Dec 31, 2019
All amoled screens can get screen burn. Be careful with static images for more than an hour at a time. Try changing it up.

iPeck

Account currently disabled
Dec 28, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Reason why i dont want to use the aod and auto screen on is disabled. Static images is never good for any screen.

Last edited:

zayidhs

Jun 8, 2015
Serdang
LG G3
LG V10
I am aware of that owning many includes samsung to ROG Mosts quality panels don't burn after 2 months

Yes, they don't.

The OP was in a TG group with me with over 500 members. We also have other TG groups and he is the only one I know who had it.

I hope you know that the manufacturing process is not perfect and is a lottery.

Thats why there's always an expected failure rate of components.

Regardless of the quality of screens, they will have several failures and those devices will be used by someone who'll say I'll never buy xyz again

The problem is no manufacturer is guaranteed to avoid this phenomenon.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

I am aware of that owning many includes samsung to ROG Mosts quality panels don't burn after 2 months

LOL

If the screen is defective due to materials or manufacturing process, it doesn't matter if its made out of diamonds it will fail after a day, week or month.

Screen burn-in after 2 weeks may not necessarily mean that the company made fake or low quality screens.

For example, company A may have 2 out of a thousand screens have burn-in within the first two weeks of release. Then subsequently, have 7 more burn-ins in the next 3 years. That's a 10/1000 failure rate = 1%

While company B will not have burn-ins in the first year but have 14 in second year and 23 in the third year. That's a 37/1000 failure rate =3.7

So, to know if a company's device screens are good, we shouldn't try to know how soon but rather, how many?

That will tell us if it's an exception or a rule.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

I have screen burn where finger print logo shows... Not buying a Nubia again

BTW, all underscreen fingerprint displays have a sort of mark where the FP sensor is which sometimes is evident.

To know if you truly have a burn-in, use the many apps on playstore to view that area especially in grey, use both max & min screen brightness then take a picture with another phone and post here.

*note that burn-ins aren't visible via screenshot. So you need to take picture/video with another phone.

zayidhs

Jun 8, 2015
Serdang
LG G3
LG V10

BTW, did you Google?

There are ROG 3s that got screen burn-ins after a days use. Just 1 day! .

Based on your analysis, I think the ROG 3 makes the worst screens ever. Even worse than RM5G (which got screen burn-in after weeks).

Also, when you Google, there are more complaints about screen burn-in on ROG 3 than RM5G.

People should never buy Asus ROG again lol.

BTW, I'm unbiased.

Check my comments here on ROG 3 forum months ago when someone had a screen burn-in. I told him the same I told you.

https://xdaforums.com/rog-phone-2/help/amoled-screen-burn-issue-t4036483/amp/

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_075510.jpg
    IMG_20201109_075510.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20201109_075539.jpg
    IMG_20201109_075539.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20201109_075638.jpg
    IMG_20201109_075638.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: luissierra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're kidding right?

You do know that regardless of the company (samsung, Apple, OnePlus etc), having a dud is normal right? There is always a percentage that will have issues from fabrication or imperfections in material.

This includes screens, batteries, SoCs and memory among others.

All you have to do is return if you're the unlucky person to get the 1 bad one out of a thousand.
    I don't have that issue for the moment.
    Screen is perfect for now and i abused the screen time ?
    My CN Version is perfect for now...

BTW, did you Google?

There are ROG 3s that got screen burn-ins after a days use. Just 1 day! .

Based on your analysis, I think the ROG 3 makes the worst screens ever. Even worse than RM5G (which got screen burn-in after weeks).

Also, when you Google, there are more complaints about screen burn-in on ROG 3 than RM5G.

People should never buy Asus ROG again lol.

BTW, I'm unbiased.

Check my comments here on ROG 3 forum months ago when someone had a screen burn-in. I told him the same I told you.

https://xdaforums.com/rog-phone-2/help/amoled-screen-burn-issue-t4036483/amp/