Question Permission denied in data folder under android

Search This thread

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
I need to modify a folder under the data folder in android, I can navigate to it but don't have write access. I wish to do this without having to root my phone. I have tried various folder programs and no luck. There should be a trick out there. Please help!!! TIA

nayak.aj

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
I need to modify a folder under the data folder in android, I can navigate to it but don't have write access. I wish to do this without having to root my phone. I have tried various folder programs and no luck. There should be a trick out there. Please help!!! TIA
download Google Files. Hold the app and goto app info, In last allow both "modify system" And "install unknown app" and you can copy and move from and to data folder now.

Android 11 onwards does not allow non OEM signed apps to access data folder

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
download Google Files. Hold the app and goto app info, In last allow both "modify system" And "install unknown app" and you can copy and move from and to data folder now.

Android 11 onwards does not allow non OEM signed apps to access data folder
I got Android 12. So there is no way around it without root?

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
what i mentioned doesnt need root. just an app by google ( Google Files) or maybe Samsung ( Samsung Files). Try google first.
Did what you said, tried it on both and none show the hidden folder structure I need to get into. I can see the folder using a third party app like xolore but when I try to copy I get permission denied

Goliboster

Aug 18, 2017
Hi download Solid Explorer from play store with it you can access the android/data folder and the app folders inside

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
what i mentioned doesnt need root. just an app by google ( Google Files) or maybe Samsung ( Samsung Files). Try google first.
Did what you said, tried it on both and none show the hidden folder structure I need to get into. I can see the folder using a third party app like xolore but when I try to copy I get oermosion
Hi download Solid Explorer from play store with it you can access the android/data folder and the app folders inside
You can access the folder but does it let you modify or add content? I try to add a file and permission denied

nayak.aj

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Did what you said, tried it on both and none show the hidden folder structure I need to get into. I can see the folder using a third party app like xolore but when I try to copy I get oermosion

You can access the folder but does it let you modify or add content? I try to add a file and permission denied
Have you given Total Commander a try ? i think it should work. atleast thats what i heard..

Goliboster

Aug 18, 2017

Yes it does and you can copy and paste to and from the folders asswell. I use it to backup my save and character files for Terraria.

Goliboster

Aug 18, 2017

Yes it does and you can copy and paste to and from the folders asswell. I use it to backup my save and character files for Terraria.

Goliboster

Aug 18, 2017
Here is some pics showing me editing in the android/data folder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-142720_Solid Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-142720_Solid Explorer.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220704-142750_Solid Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-142750_Solid Explorer.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20220704-142806_Solid Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-142806_Solid Explorer.jpg