• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Personal] tested gsi xiaomi redmi go

Search This thread

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
hello guys, maybe you are thinking to root or already rooted your warranty is now void [validity over] so anything you do do it on your own risk if you need support we are up to you!! :cool:
here i'll provide you all those roms which i tried and issues for which i quit so please follow thoroughly!!
list of roms i tried and issues faced:
  1. lineage os 15.1[while i was a noob in this field]: https://mega.nz/file/EyYVwYIb#49tJnAcgUICOTUf6eH6TDMnjQvVqd9W3m4KS43A3iN8 :i quit this rom for the presence of microG
  2. havoc os: https://yadi.sk/d/L_UJmrAWbE3YrQ : this was too laggy to be used
  3. rr os: you can find in xda (unofficial built): i quit this because i was unable to root it with magisk!!
  4. titanium os: built from the above rr os developer (you will get in xda): broken built
  5. pixel plus ui: by the above developers: completely broken no magisk support etc. now i quit this developer
  6. lineage os 16 microG: most perfect everif you dont use services like classroom etc.: https://mega.nz/file/ZzwSCSQR#ku4eEoTlYmMq5_QhQ2KznH7CSK-oDxtHw4Z50q7YdvA : i quit coz classroom don't work in microG
  7. corvus rom by the above devs: raw built
  8. crdroid by above devs: raw built
  9. i tested roms from the thread "tested gsi for redmi go" in xda, and found issues there even[ Tested Gsi Images and Firmwares for Redmi go | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com) ]
  10. first i tried descendent rom performance laggy
  11. aosp 8.1: from above thread : screen suddenly gone off when touched after 3 day usage
  12. aosp 9 : from above thread: hotspot issue
  13. havoc os official: from abobe thread: most stable but after few months[1 month] it started issyes with hotspot and wifi and call
  14. caos android 10: from a telegram channel[ search for redmi go file uploads in telegram]: great rom but after 3 week usage it started issue: sudden reboot while playing mcpe!!
  15. now on pixel experience plus rom from the telegram channel: issues will e reported soon
  16. i tried several roms from : Generic System Image (GSI) list · phhusson/treble_experimentations Wiki · GitHub
  17. now i'll say of rom from the above links:
  18. DU A8.1​
    Faiyaz​
    Here
    A​
    arm - arm64​
    issue is not booting
  19. BootleggersROM A9​
    NFound​
    A - A/B​
    arm - arm64​
    this rom is also not booting i ve tried everything!!
    Resurrection Remix​
    phhusson​
    Here
    A - A/B​
    arm - arm64​
  20. this rom is even not showing boot image like above two
  21. AospExtended-v6.6-arm_aonly-20190705-0000-OFFICIAL.zip : this rom stucked at bootanimation for years
thats it if i try more i'll report so what about you tried any try and report here!!;)

recently i tried a rom #aospe for redmi go : believe me the best rom ever just get it at this getdroid post and only issue is this rom is a rar file hence installation is a bit complex. AHA! let me explain:
. open the rar you will see many files with a folder named 'images'
. open images and seperate all the following files: system.img; boot.img; vendor.img
. open terp or orange fox [any one you have] flash system img then vendor img then boot img
******clear everything except internal and external storage before all this from recovery*****
. now boot and yo u got aospe in redmi go
FUN FACT: i am in this rom now even

ALL THE ROM TESTER ARE INVITED TO A DEDICATED FORUM FOR YOU: xxxxxxx
MOD EDIT: Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

shuvo030

Mar 16, 2014
Dhaka
Hi. Thanks for making this post. Very helpful. Can you tell me:
  • Which rom is best for long battery backup on Redmi GO?
  • Which ARM version of GAPPS should I download for Redmi GO? ARM or ARM64 ?
  • Where can I contact you directly?

Last edited:

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
Hey subho, I want to suggest the caos 10 I.e. available in the telegram group I mentioned also its made by someone named gremaxon maybe checkout. I am now using the same getting more than 1and half day battery life which is awesomely better than the stock ROM offered.

Last edited:

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
Secondly this device redmi go is having a armv7 CPU equivalent to x86 or 32 bit in computer sense. Arm v7 means arm so anything you download use arm version of both ROM and gapps. Don't try the arm64 experimentals in telegram or from anywhere unless you are geek in it and you are ready to waste hours of efforts. There are several experiments with this some may work but it will make you disappointed as the performance will be the lowest.
Now you want to connect personally I am available at my own forum : xxxxxx
My website for other ways to connected: xxxxxxx
MOD EDIT: Links removed

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
This pic. Will show the proof of battery life.

Screenshot_20210802-090602.png

Check this

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
Please reply, should I download ARM64 gapps or ARM gapps from opengapps.org for TitaniumOS ?
Yes try that but if you are using my caos ROM or any ROM more than 1gb then try bitgapps as opengapps Android 10 even pico pack gives error 7 (it means insufficient storage)

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
I am using bitgapps android 10 arm build
I have tried weebgapps but it cause issue with signing into play store.

shuvo030

Mar 16, 2014
Dhaka
I am using bitgapps android 10 arm build
I have tried weebgapps but it cause issue with signing into play store.
Will bitgapps work on TitaniumOS ? And should I just flash "BiTGApps-arm-10.0.0-R29_signed.zip" from: xxxxx via TWRP?
MOD EDIT: Link removed

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
And bitgapps is the same thing with very basic functionality of the google apps so it will work on your ROM like opengapps do!

shuvo030

Mar 16, 2014
Dhaka
And bitgapps is the same thing with very basic functionality of the google apps so it will work on your ROM like opengapps do!
Thank you! I will flash Bitgapps now. But can you tell me how to keep the phone ALWAYS decrypted? Every time I flash decrypt.zip, after the phone boots, it encrypts again.

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
Thank you! I will flash Bitgapps now. But can you tell me how to keep the phone ALWAYS decrypted? Every time I flash decrypt.zip, after the phone boots, it encrypts again.
Check my forum there in a thread I have posted a rar file download it and keep in a safe place decrypt.zip from there it will work

amkin

Dec 17, 2020
I flashed that decrypt.zip then I reboot and it shows "Encryption Unsuccessful"
Actually after flashing the ROM flash decrypt and reboot I did the same for More than a year now it works and if you have kept backup of everything then you should not regret encryption. It only removes the recovery and nothing happen more than that.