• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

petition and new challenge to develope unofficial stock lollipop

Search This thread

minOu45

Mar 14, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-25-23-37-47.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-25-23-37-47.png
    110 KB · Views: 2,613
Last edited:

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
As i already have said ,it's totaly wrong ! no official Lollipop for S4-mini ...... :rolleyes:

Samsung have said that it's an internal memory limitation .... 8 Go is not enought ! :rolleyes:

They don't want to do effort !!! :mad: ......... and with ALL of theirs "bloats" ,it's not surprising .. pffff !!!!! :rolleyes:

That's why the only way is to have an "unofficial" Lollipop exploit with "S6 lollipop preject" team ( ....or maybe with ploiki's team !!! :fingers-crossed: ) that's a big challenge !!! :p

!!!! Forget Samsung's poor development ! think "XDA" the best !!!!!!!

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
Would be nice to see an actual quote of Samsung UK's response.
Samsung uk did not convey message to public.
But they do communicate with carriers as to their approval of the "bloat" on part of carrier.
ThreeUK said their version of lollipop failed testing and concluded there won't be lp due to mem limits.
But ThreeIreland said their software was approved and seeding will begin shortly.
That is the summary. But usually no carrier gives more details about discussions with oems

minOu45

Mar 14, 2014
As i already have said ,it's totaly wrong ! no official Lollipop for S4-mini ...... :rolleyes:

Samsung have said that it's an internal memory limitation .... 8 Go is not enought ! :rolleyes:

They don't want to do effort !!! :mad: ......... and with ALL of theirs "bloats" ,it's not surprising .. pffff !!!!! :rolleyes:

That's why the only way is to have an "unofficial" Lollipop exploit with "S6 lollipop preject" team ( ....or maybe with ploiki's team !!! :fingers-crossed: ) that's a big challenge !!! :p

!!!! Forget Samsung's poor development ! think "XDA" the best !!!!!!!

it all seems very confusing. One carrier says they will release a Lollipop update, another says they cannot. A response from Samsung regarding an official Lollipop update for the international models has not been published yet but if a carrier decided to update theirs and it was possible, then we may just see an official update from Samsung.

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
it all seems very confusing. One carrier says they will release a Lollipop update, another says they cannot. A response from Samsung regarding an official Lollipop update for the international models has not been published yet but if a carrier decided to update theirs and it was possible, then we may just see an official update from Samsung.

A carrier ?! no ,i don't think at all ... ;)

If there are no development of "Lollipop" firmware source-base released (and decided ! ) by the manufacturer , a mobil operator can't ask for this Lollipop version because it need "new" work .

they are only interrested by the "money" ! they prefer to seel new devices..... that offert "good" support for a long period ...

An example :eek:n December 2014 when they have come out these "gear watches" ,they have updated very quickly on "very" short period many modems and firmwares for compatibilty for many devices ( our S4-mini with modem ****UCNK1 and superior ) ......just for cell !!! :rolleyes:
BUT we never have had KK 4.4.4 ..... and no effort for to include news features of S5 S5-mini /note4 .... :rolleyes:

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
A carrier ?! no ,i don't think at all ...

All s4 mini models have same chipsets. So ground work will be identical for all models. The UI and prebuilt apps will be same too. All they need to do is to make other essentials like RIL, multi-sim, nfc etc which differ between models. Also all s4 minis have 1.5gb ram.
So if samsung works on lollipop they will consider 2 important things. 1.Difficulty 2.Demand.
Demand is plenty. Difficulty is more in case of carrier branded models. It is relatively hassle free with international models. If one carrier confirms the update
[which they did], then international models will get it too.

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
:laugh: !

you will be sure at 100% that if there are an eventual update , here on XDA you will be informed NEAR SOMES SMALLS MINUTES after release ! :D ;)

But i'm convinced that there won't be official Lollipop firmware ... :rolleyes: ( but i hope that i'm wrong ! )

I agree with you, normally Samsung announces the update and not the carriers. Would surprise me if Samsung has changed it's update policy.

znayver

Jun 16, 2014
There are not "official" announcement !!!!! it's "just" a poor simple TWEET ....... and there are many tweets and lots of articles in contradiction......
youmobile contacted samsung and the update will be there for our device.but samsung dont write a exact time for the release so be patience just a few weeks and the update will be her
A major confusion happened yesterday when UK
branch of "Three" carrier tweeted that the Galaxy S4
mini will not be getting Android 5.0 Lollipop update due
to Memory limitation, after few hours "ThreeIreland"
branch tweeted that the S4 mini update is approved
and passed the testing process.
Today, we reached out to Samsung to get a clearance
about this. Low-end and mid-range users are NOT
forgotten by Samsung, the Korean giant is working hard
to bring Lollipop love to as many devices as possible,
but time is tight (posted by youmobile)

Last edited:

minOu45

Mar 14, 2014
Three ireland said to me that s4 mini lollipop cancelled for them.
================
ykm49887.png

Samsung Information is accurate, only unlocked version will get the update.
================

Reactions: RuffBuster

Top Liked Posts