• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

petition and new challenge to develope unofficial stock lollipop

Search This thread

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
yourmobile.org is not at all an official Samsung site , no real Samsung official ETA ........it's nothing .

i will believe to this rumor if i will see at "SamMobile" for example !!! ( there are no rumor here , just stricly "official" true repports and anouncement.....and if they are not speaked about Lollipop updates for the moment ,it's strange ! )

Last edited:

jnvdh06

Oct 12, 2014
yourmobile.org is not at all an official Samsung site , no real Samsung official ETA ........it's nothing .

i will believe to this rumor if i will see at "SamMobile" for example !!! ( there are no rumor here , just stricly "official" true repports and anouncement.....and if they are not speaked about Lollipop updates for the moment ,it's strange ! )

I have a feeling that we won't be receiving official lollipop. Sad but at least we have custom roms.

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Maybe better not because that 5.0 would eat all battery juice for breakfast.

Maybe so... I personally wouldn't mind losing an extra half hour screen on time to have a smooth running lollipop. And I think the dev scene would benefit from having an official lollipop stock rom to work on. I personally would love to see a lollipop update or at least have the choice of updating. i'm currently using the s2 but I'm looking for a new phone and if this happens I would definitely buy the galaxy 4 mini, the unlocked versions in the uk are going dirty Cheap. I was tempted to buy the z3 compact but because of call issues and build quality I decided not to. and then I was going to buy s5 mini but because of the random reboots I decided not to. The s4 mini is still a good phone today with the same small size and power. Fingers crossed this happens for those who want it or not.

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
Maybe better not because that 5.0 would eat all battery juice for breakfast.

;)

i don't think so ...
in theory Lollipop is built for to suck a little less than great KK 4.4.4 ... but on customs there still have problems because teams are still in development and will have much work to make enought "stable" roms .
If we will have Lollipo stock updates (not sure at this time ! no official anouncement ! ) => all teams ,with CM ,will have better sources (drivers and libs rewritten updated by Samsung, fully compatible with Lollipop and ART .

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
;)
If we will have Lollipo stock updates (not sure at this time ! no official anouncement ! ) => all teams ,with CM ,will have better sources (drivers and libs rewritten updated by Samsung, fully compatible with Lollipop and ART .

Exactly. You are spot on. With new firmware we get new kernel sources and device specific repos can be updated. Then custom roms will be
more feature rich and stable.

Chamelleon

May 16, 2010
Kraków, Poland
Lack of memory is bul**** to cancel Lolipop. I just read that Lolipopr for Galaxy Core Prime with lower specification (from I9195) is rolling out here in Poland so it's bul**** not explanation!!!

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
Lack of memory is bul**** to cancel Lolipop. I just read that Lolipopr for Galaxy Core Prime with lower specification (from I9195) is rolling out here in Poland so it's bul**** not explanation!!!
Ofcourse lack of memory is not REAL reason.
S4 mini is 18 month old and samsung launched millions of phones in that time.
So they must make a decision on what devices to update. In midrange phones, only popular ones are updated. S4 mini being in the "S" family is difficult to leave behind.
So they look for innovative and meaningless excuses to abandon it.
They did it with s3 and its mini. Luckily s4 mini has 1.5gb ram and good chipset.
So it will be interesting to hear sammy's excuse if they do not update it.
Also it is not difficult for sammy to make a lightweight lollipop twiz for s4 mini.
They did the same with entry level phones.
Removing features to enhance core experience. Which is what we want. smooth os is better than buggy features.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loulou-13

interstellar22

Feb 19, 2014
I don't know how they can have excuses for this device i9195 , since it runs CM 12.1 Lollipop 5.1 so much smoother then it run the stock Samsung KitKat.
The hw can clearly handle it that's for sure.

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
Ofcourse lack of memory is not REAL reason.
S4 mini is 18 month old and samsung launched millions of phones in that time.
So they must make a decision on what devices to update. In midrange phones, only popular ones are updated. S4 mini being in the "S" family is difficult to leave behind.
So they look for innovative and meaningless excuses to abandon it.
They did it with s3 and its mini. Luckily s4 mini has 1.5gb ram and good chipset.
So it will be interesting to hear sammy's excuse if they do not update it.
Also it is not difficult for sammy to make a lightweight lollipop twiz for s4 mini.
They did the same with entry level phones.
Removing features to enhance core experience. Which is what we want. smooth os is better than buggy features.

;)

yes .... the "memory" is really a bad excuse .

And as i have already said :i don't see "official" ETA ...nothing ...just simple article ( sometime they have wrong !) .
i just wait the "truth" ...

........and if there are an update ,there are big chance to have 5.0.1 ,but no 5.1.x (or eventuals future 5.2 ,...... if google make changes )

Top Liked Posts