• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[PETITION/GER] Support of VoLTE & WIFICALL in Germany of ONEPLUS Smarthphones

Search This thread

haasgo

May 22, 2011
Hamburg
The company OnePlus should finally take care of the full support of VoLTE and WiFiCall at the three major German providers (Telekom, Vodafone, o2). So far even the flagships do not support any of these technologies, although on the hardware side all prerequisites exist and the technology is also advertised in Germany in the hardware specifications.

Explanation
OnePlus has developed the OnePlus 6, a very competitive product that does not support the simplest communication technologies, at least in Germany.

These would be VoLTE and WiFiCall. In India, these technologies are supported. In Germany, with identical hardware, but not. This is due to the reluctance of Oneplus to implement the techniques correctly and completely.

Important are the mentioned technologies for users with little to no reception in the 2G and / or 3G network. Telephone calls could be transmitted over the LTE network, or WLAN. However, this is not possible because of OnePlus itself.

Inquiries concerning this problem are answered via ChatBot, with the immediate answer that there is no agreement with e.g. the telecom would exist.

LINK TO THE PETITION

matze19999

germany, o2 card

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180618-170228.jpg
    Screenshot_20180618-170228.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,553

vladimir_carlan

Jan 5, 2014
Even if both, the device and the carrier, support VoLTE or VoWIFI, it doesn't necessarily work. Usually a carrier firmware is needed. Some carriers offer VoLTE only to phones sold by them. For example, I'm in UK and on EE. Beside my OnePlus 6 I have an unlocked Galaxy S8. In order to have VoLTE on my S8 I had to flash an EE branded firmware.
All in all, this petition should include those carriers too and not just OnePlus.

haasgo

May 22, 2011
Hamburg
Even if both, the device and the carrier, support VoLTE or VoWIFI, it doesn't necessarily work. Usually a carrier firmware is needed. Some carriers offer VoLTE only to phones sold by them. For example, I'm in UK and on EE. Beside my OnePlus 6 I have an unlocked Galaxy S8. In order to have VoLTE on my S8 I had to flash an EE branded firmware.
All in all, this petition should include those carriers too and not just OnePlus.
Its not like that anymore. Xiaomi is not even sold officially by Telekom, o2 or Vodafone in Germany and still they have these features.
Oneplus just needs to implement it, but they don't.

Edit: 553 signatures and counting...this is a serious problem.

Last edited:

Han-Droid

Jun 23, 2010
OnePlus 7T
maybe everyone should check these paths with a (root) file explorer:

data/vendor/radio/modem_config/mcfg_sw/

firmware/image/modem_pr

read file "mbn_sw.txt" it's a kind of listing for the deeper paths.

in my opinion you could check if your COUNTRY/CARRIER combo is the lucky one....just check the china path... VOLTE voila!

.../generic/eu.. does have data for "ee" "elisa" "telefoni" "h3g" "telia"....but not for every country...

could anyone in here confirm that O2 / UK give your OP6 VOLTE super powers? anyone from great britain here....

Last edited:

Oggy512

Mar 13, 2010
Saarland

firmware/image/modem_pr

in my opinion you could check if your COUNTRY/CARRIER combo is the lucky one....just check the china path... VOLTE voila!

.../generic/eu.. does have data for "ee" "elisa" "telefoni" "h3g" "telia"....but not for every country...

could anyone in here confirm that O2 / UK give your OP6 VOLTE super powers? anyone from great britain here....

Just checked on mine (German). In this file there are these paths yes, but in my version there is "china" alsways the "volte" term in the path.
With all eu carriers there is no term "volte" in the path... might not play a role, but at least it's a difference in the wording....

Reactions: Han-Droid

BasicScrub

Jun 19, 2018

firmware/image/modem_pr

I've managed to get vowifi and volte working with the VoEnabler module for magisk. Everything works surprisingly, but for some reason my phone won't recognise incoming phone numbers properly when on these services, resulting in unknown/private number.

I have a feeling its something to do with the radio modem files that you've linked, but no luck so far. If I manage to get it working I'll follow up.

It's annoying as Huawei and xiaomi phones have over 100 entries in their mbn_sw.txt file, whereas oneplus has only a dozen or so... Ive come to the conclusion that, in the UK anyway, the phone manufacture has more to do with this than the carrier..

Sorry for the formatting, at work on mobile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The company OnePlus should finally take care of the full support of VoLTE and WiFiCall at the three major German providers (Telekom, Vodafone, o2). So far even the flagships do not support any of these technologies, although on the hardware side all prerequisites exist and the technology is also advertised in Germany in the hardware specifications.

Explanation
    OnePlus has developed the OnePlus 6, a very competitive product that does not support the simplest communication technologies, at least in Germany.

These would be VoLTE and WiFiCall. In India, these technologies are supported. In Germany, with identical hardware, but not. This is due to the reluctance of Oneplus to implement the techniques correctly and completely.

Important are the mentioned technologies for users with little to no reception in the 2G and / or 3G network. Telephone calls could be transmitted over the LTE network, or WLAN. However, this is not possible because of OnePlus itself.

Inquiries concerning this problem are answered via ChatBot, with the immediate answer that there is no agreement with e.g. the telecom would exist.

LINK TO THE PETITION
    We have now bought ourselves an XZ2 Compact and are preparing everything.

We were able to successfully save the .qcn from the XZ2 Compact, and restore it to the OnePlus 6!
    Now we have to exchange some files and hope that VoLTE and VoWiFi will work afterwards!

We know more about it tonight!
    Guide is done!!!
    Anleitung ist fertig!!!

[Guide] VoLTE and VoWiFi - Germany
    This is awesome! Thanks for this. Is this also planned for vodafone Germany, or is it not possible for some reason?

Best

We are trying to get it to work on the OnePlus 6!
    If we have managed it, then we can add different providers!