Petition google for supporting custom systemwide sound effects without root?

Search This thread

Joe0Bloggs

Aug 7, 2012
www.dropbox.com
I think the title should be self-evident. We shouldn't have to jump through countless hoops just to get something like Viper4Android or ExtremeBeats working on a select few android devices. Why can't a simple app with user-level permissions be allowed to change the way sound is rendered systemwide?

Simple as the request may be, I don't know how to frame my request in technical terms in source.android.com--can people help me word my request in as precise and easy a way as possible--what settings in the android source code need to be modified to allow what I propose?

Last edited:
Reactions: l_aios and aki_007
L

LarappsOfDongle

Well one year on it's sitting in the pile of requests with a Medium priority and 7 stars... we need more people behind this! :fingers-crossed:
Allowing this would put so many security holes in Android, I highly doubt they are going to do it. The best your gonna get is the MusicFX Equalizer.

Joe0Bloggs

Aug 7, 2012
www.dropbox.com
I'm not asking to bake in root and disable SELinux on android. If this functionality is explicitly programmed for, any security risk need not extend beyond malware possibly mangling whatever sounds an Android device puts out. I think most would gladly trade that for the abilities of the various sound enhancements being put out, which right now do in fact completely break down Android device security, because right NOW that's the only way to go about it--but it need not be the case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the title should be self-evident. We shouldn't have to jump through countless hoops just to get something like Viper4Android or ExtremeBeats working on a select few android devices. Why can't a simple app with user-level permissions be allowed to change the way sound is rendered systemwide?

Simple as the request may be, I don't know how to frame my request in technical terms in source.android.com--can people help me word my request in as precise and easy a way as possible--what settings in the android source code need to be modified to allow what I propose?
    Well, I put together the request as best I can. It is here:
    https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=155868

Upvote it and add your comment if you agree with me :fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone