[Petition] LG and T-Mobile: Update the T-Mobile G2x (LG P999) to Android 4.x

Search This thread

khamikaze

Oct 12, 2011

Dear Friends and G2x Owners,

If you not aware and following the lgforum.com, we started a petition to help our voices get heard to have an Android 4.x update to the G2x:

Here is the petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/lg-and-t-mobile-update-the-lg-g2x-lg-p999-to-android-4-x

, and here is the thread in lgforum.com:

http://support.lgforum.com/lg/topic...t_android_4_0_ics_for_our_g2xs#reply_11874702

, and also at T-Mobile:

http://support.t-mobile.com/message/234150#234150

Please help yourselves, help all of us by signing it and also sharing this petition, spreading our words everywhere.

Much appreciated, thank you all!

penguin5897

Aug 21, 2008
Odessa, Texas
For all of us G2X owners I sincerely hope this does make a difference. I wouldn't hold my breath, but then again no one thought the Optimus 2X was going to get it either.

Again, good luck to all. I may switched to an S3 for my main phone, but my G2X was much more fun to play with. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Yuvin

Apr 9, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
For all of us G2X owners I sincerely hope this does make a difference. I wouldn't hold my breath, but then again no one thought the Optimus 2X was going to get it either.

Again, good luck to all. I may switched to an S3 for my main phone, but my G2X was much more fun to play with. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Feel the same way. I just adore my Nexus 4, but there's something about the G2X that I just don't feel with my N4. Might aswell try this petition out then.

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012
I won't held any hopes for this device anymore.
Thanks for the best community that g2x had.

Billpo

Dec 29, 2010
With all due respect, I won't put my name on anything with such poor grammar. Good luck!

DGpro

Apr 23, 2013
If you're talking about the petition... I'm sorry I kind of made it on the fly but please support it anyways. I'm sure you understand the petitions message despite its grammar issues. Don't be a grammar nazi :p were just trying to help out this poor device.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: khamikaze

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
If you're talking about the petition... I'm sorry I kind of made it on the fly but please support it anyways. I'm sure you understand the petitions message despite its grammar issues. Don't be a grammar nazi :p were just trying to help out this poor device.

Let us not worry about the grammar shall we. But the phone... I say if you are not happy with it then sell it to some sucker and go buy another to ***** about.

Just my g2x.

I would have a $500 brick if it weren't for nvflash. Thanks Nvidia!

grantusmantus

Oct 25, 2012
Osceola
i just signed, so i figured i would bump this thread. plz guys i know the current attitude is "i give up" but i think we can get lg to do something for us even if tmobile wont. lg has update software for a reason.lol lets get it done! 43 signatures. lets shoot for 200 and see what happens.

Reactions: DGpro

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
i just signed, so i figured i would bump this thread. plz guys i know the current attitude is "i give up" but i think we can get lg to do something for us even if tmobile wont. lg has update software for a reason.lol lets get it done! 43 signatures. lets shoot for 200 and see what happens.

It may work faster with fake email accounts and name... I'm just saying you know.

DGpro

Apr 23, 2013
@grantusmantus. Now that's the kind of spirit we need here! Thank you for the support!
@mansa_noob That's actually not a bad idea :p thanks for sharing

Last edited:

iLovPieNCake

Jun 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
It may work faster with fake email accounts and name... I'm just saying you know.

This post alone is enough to cancel the petition, we need 200 real unsatisfied customers, why would LG do something they already don't wanna do if 50% of the people signed are fake and they would do a google search and they would find this.

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
This post alone is enough to cancel the petition, we need 200 real unsatisfied customers, why would LG do something they already don't wanna do if 50% of the people signed are fake and they would do a google search and they would find this.

I was joking man...

-- The noob says:
For a dead guy the g2x sure kicks a lot!

DGpro

Apr 23, 2013
Just wanted to bump and say the petition is currently at 112 signatures ^^

Reactions: grantusmantus

DGpro

Apr 23, 2013
How many are expected to generate a response?

-- The noob says:
I watched in horror the CM7 boot screen after my g2x rebooted during a phone interview!

To be honest I have no idea. RyanLG, the LG representative over at the LG forums, told me he sent the petition link along with some pdf's I created (that contained the signatures and comments) to his superiors. That was about like 12 days ago and I asked him about a day ago if there was any news but he still hasn't replied. All I can say is that the more the better but in the end its all up to LG if they want to respond at all.

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
To be honest I have no idea. RyanLG, the LG representative over at the LG forums, told me he sent the petition link along with some pdf's I created (that contained the signatures and comments) to his superiors. That was about like 12 days ago and I asked him about a day ago if there was any news but he still hasn't replied. All I can say is that the more the better but in the end its all up to LG if they want to respond at all.<br />
<br />

For what its worth, I signed it just now.

-- The noob says:
I watched in horror the CM7 boot screen after my g2x rebooted during a phone interview!

LiLTrippz

Jul 15, 2012

If you not aware and following the lgforum.com, we started a petition to help our voices get heard to have an Android 4.x update to the G2x:

Here is the petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/lg-and-t-mobile-update-the-lg-g2x-lg-p999-to-android-4-x

http://support.lgforum.com/lg/topic...t_android_4_0_ics_for_our_g2xs#reply_11874702

, and also at T-Mobile:

Please help yourselves, help all of us by signing it and also sharing this petition, spreading our words everywhere.

I hope you guys are all ready because I swear on my life I'm getting my whole school to sign and sponsor this.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I hope you guys are all ready because I swear on my life I'm getting my whole school to sign and sponsor this.

I take this stuff seriously and I don't joke around, LG better make us 4.x for the lg g2x I put my word on the table over 2000 people will vote this today or tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the petition:

, and also at T-Mobile:

Let us not worry about the grammar shall we. But the phone... I say if you are not happy with it then sell it to some sucker and go buy another to ***** about.

Just my g2x.

Hey guys-

I just had a very interesting conversation with a T-Mobile employee who works for the office of the President. I emailed several members of the T-Mobile and LG executive teams, asking for them to address the issues of this phone and to give the consumer some answers. I also gave the links for the LG thread and the petition.

Someone from the office of the President of T-Mobile did return my call and I spoke with her this morning. I told her that basically we as customers paid money for this phone under the premise it would be updated but felt like we were lied to and given the runaround. She agreed. We also discussed that perhaps T-Mobile should take into consideration that their customers are angry and frustrated because of something a supplier did and that perhaps that should be communicated to LG. She agreed. I also made it clear that we have been using the LG thread to voice our concerns to LG but the one employee on LG thread has mysteriously disappeared. And that LG released an update to lesser phones so there is no reason they cannot release an update to this one.

Basically I told her that I don't expect anything other than she try and bring this to the attention of higher-ups at T-Mobile that their customers were frustrated and had a right to some answers. She assured me that this would be communicated and that they want to hear from customers regarding issues such as this.

With all of that being said, I would encourage any T-Mobile customers to write to the President and push this up the chain. It may make no difference in getting an update but it will probably make T-Mobile consider seriously on how they do business with LG if T-Mobile customers are angry about their phones sucking.

Keep the petition going---and keep asking! If we don't ask, we will never get!

Anyone from LG reading---no one from LG has responded to my emails. BIG shocker!

Here are the emails I sent to:

Philipp.Humm@t-mobile.com
    Larry.Myers@t-mobile.com
    Jim.Alling@t-mobile.com
    John.Legere@t-mobile.com
    Neville.Ray@t-mobile.com
    Artero.lucero@t-mobile.com

I know one of these was returned but the rest went through.

Have a great Friday!

All,

OK, the LG G2x Petition has also being posted to the Twitter Sphere:

Twitter #LG #G2x Petition @ LGUSAMobile
    https://twitter.com/khamikazes/status/329360240216776705

Share and give love. Please sign it and help spread the word.

Thank you very much.

PS: 37 signatures and growing!!!