[Petition] [Motorola] Release blank flash files for all Motorola devices

Search This thread

Dev_Mashru

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
The same method works in moto e (first I thought it was different as imei were cloned, but after clarifying, it turns out to be the same), which has an inferior processor to otus, so I don't see a reason as to why this method won't work on otus. The only reason which I think could be the problem is my loader.IMG. Therefore, I request any other otus user to upload his/her loader. Img and help the community.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Update: I'm very sorry to announce that, despite my genuine efforts, Motorola Mobility has declined to allow me access to these files. Specifically, their reasoning is that "distribution of such software imposes a risk to the integrity of...sensitive work product information...which could potentially steer away from [Motorola's] long standing policies regarding security..."
In short, they think releasing these files could result in some type of security breach. I'm sorry guys. But I assure you that I did go to bat for us.

Dev_Mashru

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
Update: I'm very sorry to announce that, despite my genuine efforts, Motorola Mobility has declined to allow me access to these files. Specifically, their reasoning is that "distribution of such software imposes a risk to the integrity of...sensitive work product information...which could potentially steer away from [Motorola's] long standing policies regarding security..."
In short, they think releasing these files could result in some type of security breach. I'm sorry guys. But I assure you that I did go to bat for us.
It's fine... I am thankful to you for at least putting this point in front of Motorola. If not through blank flash, I hope some other method works like the loader.img method which revives a handful of Moto devices. Anyways thanks for trying.

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
It's fine... I am thankful to you for at least putting this point in front of Motorola. If not through blank flash, I hope some other method works like the loader.img method which revives a handful of Moto devices. Anyways thanks for trying.
If we could get blank flash files for another Motorola device with the same chipset and partition index as the desired device, it could be made to work. Many Moto devices share identical partition indexes, and chipset types too.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using XDA Labs

magix01

Dec 30, 2013
Is it possible to hex edit blankflash files for partition index or they are signed? Are you allowed to make this discussion since you work for moto, can we ask for more :) ?
Also do you know anything related to loading bootloader images to phone with some other way except blankflash I am aware of security implication of disclosing such information but worth to ask i guess :) ?

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Is it possible to hex edit blankflash files for partition index or they are signed? Are you allowed to make this discussion since you work for moto, can we ask for more :) ?
Also do you know anything related to loading bootloader images to phone with some other way except blankflash I am aware of security implication of disclosing such information but worth to ask i guess :) ?
From what I can gather, many of the blankflash files which have surfaced on Motorola devices in the past (e.g. Moto G (1st Gen), Moto Droid Ultra) were leaked by the company. As far as hex editing the files, while technically "signed," there are still ways. This thread will give you perhaps some insight into this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/xdafor...roid-ultra-maxx-brick-recovery-t2830806/page1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a technician and RF Analyst for Motorola Mobility, I can advise you that this petition is not a bad idea. If enough Motorola device owners would get involved with this petition, I would personally be willing to present the request to Mr.
    Aymar de Lencquesaing, the current President and Chairman of Motorola Mobility, LLC. The company has a long-standing reputation of treating firmware manifests with rigid confidentiality. But, Motorola has distributed these types of files in the past, while other files have been leaked.
    Guys, get ample participation with this cause and I solemnly promise I will be the voice for the many XDA members who really need these files to simply unbrick their devices. While I doubt that the company would be willing to distribute these files for "all" Motorola devices (due to legitimate security concerns), I can make the request for a few devices.
    Hi guys,
    I've found this petition in the g 2015 forum. This petition is going to be delivered to Motorola asking them to release the blank flash files for all Motorola devices. I request all of you guys to sign it as there are chance that it'll be helpful to you some day. I'd also like to thank @kawaii.beans for starting this petition. Hopefully Motorola does listen to us and releases the required files.

This is the link: https://www.change.org/p/motorola-p...&utm_content=nafta_copylink_message_1:control

Here is the quote from the original thread:
    Hi ,
    As we all know that there are a lot fo motorola devices which have got their gpt partition and bootloader corrupted due to some ota update , flashing , wrong flash etc, which reduced their device to a paper weight . Most of them(including me) were unable to reverse the corruption due to the lack of required files . It may take motorola simply 2-3 hours to release these files for almost all devices but they have chosen to stay silent and do nothing . It feels really bad to throw away your phone costing hundreds of dollars due to a minor corrpution which can be fixed easily by Motorola. Its time for us to speak , its time for us to ask for what we deserve . Motorola should listen to us !!

Sign this petition on Change.ORG with as many signs as possible so that we can get our devices back ! Please co-operate .

Maybe this havent happened to you yet but may be it will one day , we all need to come together and ask for what we deserve from Motorola. Sign the petition so that Motorola will hear our voices.:crying::crying:

Also request you guys to share it as much as possible.
    Probably you can unbrick moto e with the same way as here:
    https://xdaforums.com/moto-x-style/help/solved-hard-brick-moto-x-style-xt1572-t3693860
    Loader.img can be done with terminal(su) or adb. Correct command(I hope, link - post #31):
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/Loader.img bs=1024 count=168960
    If someone want to try I can upload mine - but I haven't stock rom.
    I have xt1524 RETEU, baseband: m8916_2020629.41.03.21.51R
    petition signed :)