[PETITION] [SAMSUNG] Unlocking the bootloader on the SM-j327T & SM-J327T1

Do you want to unlock the bootloader on this device to be able to get root?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 6722106

Not sure what angle your aiming at, but it won't have any use for this device?
Yea i realized that after reading up on it. Samsung is like a stubburn know-it-all who thinks by locking the bootloader it would make everything more secure. i know for sure that everyone who studies into computers knows that no matter what there will be ways to hack something. They should give up.

Relyt2012

Aug 20, 2014
True but i am pretty sure phone companies wont sell those phones. Thats why you buy it from samsung directly.
So two weeks ago I flashed my friends galaxy s7 from Verizon, over to T-Mobile. It now is recognized as a T-Mobile phone, and it has WiFi calling, And band 12! - it worked great, so I suggest you look up information before you do it. Only if you have an s7 I mean! Just thought i should share what I did. :)

D

Deleted member 6722106

No matter how much you beg or how many people sign this petition I can pretty much guarantee Samsung will not respond.
The simple fact is, people wanting root or an unlocked bootloader are a minority as far as Samsung are concerned.
The majority of people who use bootloader locked devices are unaware of what root even is or a locked bootloader.
Unfortunately those who require Admin access to their devices are insignificant in the big picture.
i got in contact with samsung regarding this by the way and i might get me a sm-j327u to replace my sm-j327t1. Also i learned that carriers put their own software and change things after samsung releases the firmware and everything. I believe T-Mobile and MetroPCS is to blame for this now after getting this info. For now on im buying unlocked variants only.

Curtis1973

May 13, 2013
Greenville, S.C. USA
No matter how much you beg or how many people sign this petition I can pretty much guarantee Samsung will not respond.
The simple fact is, people wanting root or an unlocked bootloader are a minority as far as Samsung are concerned.
The majority of people who use bootloader locked devices are unaware of what root even is or a locked bootloader.
Unfortunately those who require Admin access to their devices are insignificant in the big picture.

Time to scoot back to the comfort and love of HTC lmao. Dimdung as bad as ZTE. Although Alcatel is a close third. HTC in regards to customization of your device has no equal.

Donnie267

Oct 23, 2017
I think the most effective route would be to have everyone call Samsung customer support and get immediate escalation to tier 2 support to hound them about providing at least a method to unlock the bootloader like HTC did.

D

Deleted member 6722106

My review of this device on metropcs.com

I am labeled as one of the top 25 contributors on the review section.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 380
D

Deleted member 6722106

Samsung is guilty of lying to its consumers for saying they are updating a device and ending up not updating it. I and many others have waited long enough for android oreo. it was supposed to be out sometime this summer and i tried contacting samsung but i was told they don't got any info and tmobile and metropcs wasn't helpful either. If samsung releases another budget device like the j3 prime you bet i will actively post everywhere that everyone should check if the bootloader is unlocked otherwise don't buy the phone if you want root access. You would think that samsung would want to do what is best to grow their business finances but they are stupid. I have never been soo disappointed in a company.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamccall

Sep 7, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Remember this quote: "those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."

and this quote was made such a long time before the current common practice of relinquishing our freedoms that many a man (and woman) have sacrificed their lives for as well as their and their families well beings, no matter how "small" or "insignificant" the freedom or right in the name of "National Security" , I personally feel holds true and even more valid today as it did the date that it was penned, and ought not be taken lightly or in a manner that strips it of any merit, meaning, or truth.

Reactions: cunningrunt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 6722106
    Attention samsung we know you spy on us here on xda. We have a major complaint and wish for you to allow our devices to have it's bootloader unlocked. I have checked your company's code in sboot.bin and it has this code in it: "get_oem_unlock_val" and theres hidden jpg files in param.bin (you can open the file as an archive in 7 zip) It has a file named unlock_L.jpg which will show an unlock icon and the word custom. Why would you waste time putting this in the bootloader if you wasn't intending to let us (your customers) use it. We demand an update to allow us to unlock the bootloader. We will not set here and watch our rights as consumers to use our device as we choose be thrown out the window. There's a reason us android fans hate IOS and iphones and that is because it is all proprietary bull crap and we want freedom. Here is the link to a petition i made weeks ago to samsung on change.org: https://www.change.org/p/samsung-unlock-the-bootloader-on-the-j3-prime?recruiter=69539793&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_content=nafta_copylink_shortlink_1%3Acontrol

Update: Samsung has not responded to our demands. and they have decided to randomly stop making the android oreo update. I was told by samsung themselves that the j3 prime from metropcs and tmobile will get android oreo. I feel lied to. Everyone should keep contacting the customer care center of your carrier and samsung both. We should not rest until our demands are met. I refuse to let my efforts of over a year trying to get root go out the window.
    D
    Deleted member 6722106
    Remember this quote: "those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."
    Signed and shared
    Signed and shared with all 6 Facebook accounts