Question phantom/pocket dial with Google 6

Search This thread

draexo

Been using my Pixel 6 for my daily driver since I received it after launch. Recently, I have had quite a bit of trouble with the phone screen waking in my pocket and calling random people or 911 (emergency services) or just filling the PIN unlock screen with random numbers. I believe the screen is interacting with the fabric of my clothing. I make sure to power off the screen before I put it in my pocket, and facing the screen outward instead of inward seems to make a bit of a difference. I have scoured the settings and can not find anything. The only other option I see is a full wallet type case that closes over the phone so there is no way anything can interact with the screen. This started happening with alarming frequency in April.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions on how to prevent this? Turning off wake from notifications?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Meinlein

Meinlein

Jan 13, 2012
Been using my Pixel 6 for my daily driver since I received it after launch. Recently, I have had quite a bit of trouble with the phone screen waking in my pocket and calling random people or 911 (emergency services) or just filling the PIN unlock screen with random numbers. I believe the screen is interacting with the fabric of my clothing. I make sure to power off the screen before I put it in my pocket, and facing the screen outward instead of inward seems to make a bit of a difference. I have scoured the settings and can not find anything. The only other option I see is a full wallet type case that closes over the phone so there is no way anything can interact with the screen. This started happening with alarming frequency in April.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions on how to prevent this? Turning off wake from notifications?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for not being able to add anything other than I too am experiencing this issue, exactly as described.

liggerz87

May 11, 2013
I think it could be the double tap to wake I wear jeans and don't have that problem but 8 am using a pixel 6 pro though

HeisenZwerg

Jun 12, 2017
Same issue here.
Please use the feedback form in device settings -> about the phone to send the bug report to Google as well.
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!