Philips 40PUK6400/12 - Unable to sign into Google Account

Search This thread

Bl4ckX

Jan 26, 2013
Düsseldorf
Hi XDA-Developers,

my brother gave me his Philips 40PUK6400/12 to replace my old bedroom tv.
It's an older modell from around 2015 that runs Android 5.1.1.

After factory resetting the tv I am unable to sign in with my Google account. I always receive an error stating my username/password combination is incorrect. This happens during initial setup as well as when I try to open the play store. So far I have tried to to multiple factory resets and to use the wipe tool for Philips Android TVs. After entering my credentials I even get an email informing me that a new device has signed into my account, but the TV doesn't seem to log in.
My brother has also removed the TV from his Google account but this also didn't help.

Any ideas how I might be able to sign into my account?

Edit:

I was able to solve this. It is related to the stock Google Play Services on the TV being too old after a factory reset. In case anyone else has issues with signing into their account on an older Android TV, here is how to solve this:

1. Enable developer options and enable debugging
2. Allow unknown apps in security settings
3. Download the latest Android TV Google Play services apk here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services-android-tv/
4. Connect to your tv: adb connect x.x.x.x (put in your tv's IP adress which you can find in the network settings) - you will receive a notification on your tv which you'll have to accept.
5. Use ADB to sideload the play services apk to your TV: adb sideload -r C:\path\to\your\file.apk

Now you should be able to sign into your account again. You might get a force close of the Play Store on the first start but everything should work on the second attempt.

Last edited:
L

Lawaes

Hi XDA-Developers,

After factory resetting the tv I am unable to sign in with my Google account. I always receive an error stating my username/password combination is incorrect. This happens during initial setup as well as when I try to open the play store. So far I have tried to to multiple factory resets and to use the wipe tool for Philips Android TVs. After entering my credentials I even get an email informing me that a new device has signed into my account, but the TV doesn't seem to log in.
My brother has also removed the TV from his Google account but this also didn't help.

Edit:

I was able to solve this. It is related to the stock Google Play Services on the TV being too old after a factory reset. In case anyone else has issues with signing into their account on an older Android TV, here is how to solve this:

3. Download the latest Android TV Google Play services apk here:
4. Connect to your tv: adb connect x.x.x.x (put in your tv's IP adress which you can find in the network settings) - you will receive a notification on your tv which you'll have to accept.
5. Use ADB to sideload the play services apk to your TV: adb sideload -r C:\path\to\your\file.apk

Now you should be able to sign into your account again. You might get a force close of the Play Store on the first start but everything should work on the second attempt.

I have to thank you a lot @Bl4ckX !
I had the same problem for a few days and I'm not familiar with adb so I didn't try your way but it worked perfectly on my model 50puh6400/88
I just adapted it a bit since sideload wasn't available (I'm not sure why)
I choosed the command
Code:
adb install xxxxxxx.apk
to install some file explorer and then I managed to install the last Google service using my usb key.
I hope my alternative method can help some and I thank you again a lot for this inspiration !

Reactions: RockyTDR
L

Lawaes

@Toengel

Indeed it wasn't activated on my account and I wasn't aware of this method.
I'll try it if I'm stuck again someday.
Thanks

aergiacly

Oct 13, 2021
Hi XDA-Developers,

Edit:

3. Download the latest Android TV Google Play services apk here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services-android-tv/

Any walkthrou on this... Trying to follow but I totally have no idea where I can find the developer options and enable debugging.

Lpn18

Mar 12, 2022
Hi, i did the first 4 points of this guide..but i can't install the apk! First question: the apk must be on my pc or in my smart tv?
Second question (the apk is on my pc): is correct this command "adb sideload -rC:\Desktop\GooglePlayService.apk" (i renamed the apk downloaded below in GooglePlayService)? It appears this message

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 43

Lpn18

Mar 12, 2022
if I use -r*space*C.\path file, promt doesn't recognize the command.
If I don't use -r, now it appear this (I'm trying to install alternatively es-file-explorer but the message is the same)

Attachments

• Immagine 2022-03-13 132010.png
    Immagine 2022-03-13 132010.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

good finding... I think, the old play services do have problems, when 2FA is disabled...

[email protected]
    L
    Lawaes
    Hi XDA-Developers,

Edit:

3. Download the latest Android TV Google Play services apk here:

I have to thank you a lot @Bl4ckX !
    I had the same problem for a few days and I'm not familiar with adb so I didn't try your way but it worked perfectly on my model 50puh6400/88
    I just adapted it a bit since sideload wasn't available (I'm not sure why)
    I choosed the command
    Code:
    adb install xxxxxxx.apk
    to install some file explorer and then I managed to install the last Google service using my usb key.
    I hope my alternative method can help some and I thank you again a lot for this inspiration !