Philips 40PUK6400/12 - Unable to sign into Google Account

Search This thread

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
2 step verification is on but I still can't login to PHILIPS android tv showing email error and google account password

View attachment 5772581

View attachment 5772571
You did use APP-Passwords, right? Normal username/password isn't allowed anymore since google enforced secure login
You can setup app-passwords at https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords

Do note; I haven't been able to use app passwords while enrolled in the Advanced Protection Program (for security key usage etc)
My conclusion is you need 2FA enabled (is now default) and NOT be enrolled in the Advanced Protection Program for App Passwords to work.

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
My parents have a Philips 48PFK5500/12 Android TV, and asked me for help with this issue. I can confirm the above steps worked for binding a new account login to the television.

IMPORTANT; Log in and open the Play Store app to accept the Terms of Service agreements. Then give the television (a lot of) time to update all pre-installed apps!

Because this is about older televisions and compatibility things I'm going to explain the steps at a very basic level.
Steps I used (menu titles translated from Dutch so your titles may vary);

ON TV
1. Settings > Android settings > Security > Unknown sources - set to enable
2. Settings > Android settings > About > Build - Press OK 7 times
-- You have now enabled a special developer menu, but you need to reload the android settings screen to see it
3. Press home
4. Settings > Android settings > Developer options (last button in section Preferences)
-- Developer options > Debugging > USB-debugging - set to enabled (should be already enabled by default)
5. Settings > Wireless and networks > With cable or WIFI > View network settings, get the IP-address of your TV

ON COMPUTER - Preparation
1. Download and unpack ADB platform tools
-- See https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
2. Download Google Play Services from APK mirror, I used version 22.45.16 for armeabi-v7a
-- See https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...le-play-services-android-tv-22-45-16-release/

ON COMPUTER - Fix TV login isues
1. Open terminal in de platform tools folder
2. Connect with ADB to the television, execute command adb.exe connect 192.168.88.45
-- My TV has IP address 192.168.88.45, replace this by the IP of YOUR TV
3. ON TV; Accept the popup asking to connect to your pc
4. Install the downloaded Google Play Services APK, execute adb.exe install -r "C:\Users\Bert\Downloads\play services update-1.apk"
-- I renamed the downloaded APK file on my computer, replace with your own file location path
5. Wait, my install took 230 seconds
6. Reboot your TV, execute adb.exe reboot

1. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords
2. Setup an app-password for your account
-- APP passwords are special codes of 16 characters, like "adym tjje eeae heur"
-- When you type in APP passwords, don't type the spaces

ON TV - LOGIN
1. Settings > Android settings > Add Account
2. Add e-mail address, type [email protected]
-- Replace with your own e-mail address
3. Add your APP password, type adymtjjeeeaeheur
-- Replace with your own app password

The login process will now display a message indicating Success!

ON TV - Further updates
1. Open the Google Play Store app, Home > Google Play Butik
-- Not sure what the difference is between "Google Play" and "Google Play Butik"
2. Accept the ToS
3. Google Play crashes, press OK to close

On this TV, all preinstalled apps started updating. This procedure is recognizable by the message "repairing app.." on the home screen tile(s).

Command log;
Code:
C:\Android\platform-tools>adb.exe devices
List of devices attached
192.168.88.45:5555      device

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb.exe install -r "C:\Users\Bert\Downloads\play services update-1.apk"
Performing Push Install
C:\Users\Bert\Downloads\play services update-1.apk: 1 file pushed, 0 skipped. 0.2 MB/s (38940224 bytes in 228.798s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/play services update-1.apk
Success

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb.exe reboot

List of devices attached
192.168.88.45:5555      offline

misko89

Nov 23, 2022
Koristili ste APP-lozinke, zar ne? Uobičajeno korisničko ime/lozinka više nije dozvoljeno jer je google nametnuo sigurnu prijavu
Možete postaviti lozinke za aplikacije na https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords

Napomena; Nisam mogao koristiti lozinke aplikacije dok sam upisan u Program napredne zaštite (za korištenje sigurnosnih ključeva itd.)
Moj zaključak je da vam je potrebna 2FA omogućena (sada je zadana vrijednost) i da NE budete upisani u Program napredne zaštite da bi lozinke za aplikacije funkcionirale.
ako sam na pravom putu, trebalo bi da bude ovako, znaš
Lozinke aplikacije
Lozinke aplikacije vam omogućavaju da se prijavite na svoj Google račun iz aplikacija na uređajima koji ne podržavaju verifikaciju u 2 koraka. Potrebno je da ga unesete samo jednom, tako da ga ne morate pamtiti. Pronađite više
Nemate lozinku za aplikaciju.
Odaberite aplikaciju i uređaj za koji želite kreirati lozinku za aplikaciju.

To me je dovelo do ove procedure za daljnje upute, ali aplikacije nude samo poštu
kalendar
kontakti
youtube
Ostalo (prilagođeni naziv)

uređaj
iPhone
Ipad
Black Berry
Mac
Windows Phone
Windows računar
Ostalo (prilagođeni naziv)

Ne nudi mi Android aplikaciju, šta da radim dalje, koju aplikaciju da odaberem da se prijavim na Android TV?

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
Ne nudi mi Android aplikaciju, šta da radim dalje, koju aplikaciju da odaberem da se prijavim na Android TV?
You can choose Other (custom name), the name is **not relevant** for the actual log in procedure.

The name is used to identify the different devices you use App Passwords on, within your App Passwords overview.
I advise to type in something like "Play Store on my Android Television", but you can type in anything without worry.

misko89

Nov 23, 2022
Možete odabrati Ostalo (prilagođeno ime), ime **nije relevantno** za stvarnu proceduru prijave.

Ime se koristi za identifikaciju različitih uređaja na kojima koristite lozinke za aplikacije, u okviru vašeg pregleda lozinki za aplikacije.
Savjetujem da ukucate nešto poput "Play Store na mojoj Android televiziji", ali možete bez brige kucati bilo šta.
nažalost ova metoda ne radi, probao sam sve po vašim uputama

misko89

Nov 23, 2022
da li neko zna jednostavan način da reši problem sa prijavom na android tv koji prikazuje grešku e-pošte i lozinke

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
nažalost ova metoda ne radi, probao sam sve po vašim uputama
Quick checklist you have to confirm first, before potential advice comes along that misses the point;

1. What is the serial number (product type) of your television?
-- Check the label on the back of the television
2. Can your television access the internet?
-- Check this by opening the internet app and browse to website google.com, it should load the google homepage without error
3. Did you get a message "Success" after installing the Play Services apk through ADB?
4. Did you setup an App Password under your Google Account?
5. Is your google account e-mail address and App Password correctly spelled out into the login form on the TV?
6. Did you skip a step or think a step didn't execute properly?
-- I talk about the steps described in my earlier post;
ON TV
-- You have now enabled a special developer menu, but you need to reload the android settings screen to see it
3. Press home
4. Settings > Android settings > Developer options (last button in section Preferences)
-- Developer options > Debugging > USB-debugging - set to enabled (should be already enabled by default)
5. Settings > Wireless and networks > With cable or WIFI > View network settings, get the IP-address of your TV

2. Download Google Play Services from APK mirror, I used version 22.45.16 for armeabi-v7a
-- See https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...le-play-services-android-tv-22-45-16-release/

2. Connect with ADB to the television, execute command adb.exe connect 192.168.88.45
4. Install the downloaded Google Play Services APK, execute adb.exe install -r "C:\Users\Bert\Downloads\play services update-1.apk"
-- I renamed the downloaded APK file on my computer, replace with your own file location path

ON TV - LOGIN

ON TV - Further updates
-- Not sure what the difference is between "Google Play" and "Google Play Butik"
2. Accept the ToS

misko89

Nov 23, 2022
Brza kontrolna lista koju prvo morate potvrditi, prije nego što dođe potencijalni savjet koji promašuje poentu;

1. Koji je serijski broj (tip proizvoda) vašeg televizora?
-- Provjerite naljepnicu na poleđini televizora
2. Može li vaša televizija pristupiti internetu?
-- Provjerite ovo otvaranjem internetske aplikacije i pregledavanjem web stranice google.com, trebalo bi učitati google početnu stranicu bez greške
3. Da li ste dobili poruku "Uspješno" nakon instaliranja apk-a Play Services putem ADB-a?
4. Jeste li postavili lozinku za aplikaciju pod svojim Google računom?
5. Da li su e-mail adresa vašeg google naloga i lozinka za aplikaciju ispravno napisani u obrascu za prijavu na TV-u?
6. Da li ste preskočili korak ili mislite da se korak nije pravilno izvršio?
-- Govorim o koracima opisanim u mom prethodnom postu;
uradio sve na TV-u do procedure 4 koju nigdje ne mogu dobiti na TV-u -- Opcije za programere > Otklanjanje grešaka > Otklanjanje grešaka preko USB-a - postavljeno na omogućeno (trebalo bi već biti omogućeno prema zadanim postavkama)

tv je uspješno povezan na internet

procedura 3. Da li ste dobili poruku "Uspješno" nakon instaliranja Play Services apk putem ADB-a

Šta to znači, molim vas recite mi jer ne mogu instalirati nijednu aplikaciju dok se ne prijavim na TV sa svojom e-poštom i lozinkom, prikazuje se greška pri prijavi.

[email protected]
adymtjeeeeeeaheur

Last edited:

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
uradio sve na TV-u do procedure 4 koju nigdje ne mogu dobiti na TV-u -- Opcije za programere > Otklanjanje grešaka > Otklanjanje grešaka preko USB-a - postavljeno na omogućeno (trebalo bi već biti omogućeno prema zadanim postavkama)

tv je uspješno povezan na internet

procedura 3. Da li ste dobili poruku "Uspješno" nakon instaliranja Play Services apk putem ADB-a

Šta to znači, molim vas recite mi jer ne mogu instalirati nijednu aplikaciju dok se ne prijavim na TV sa svojom e-poštom i lozinkom, prikazuje se greška pri prijavi.

[email protected]
adymtjeeeeeeaheur
You did not answer all the questions.
The instructions I provided are specifically for MY television TYPE. Your television might be different and might require adjustments to reach the same end goal.

Your response tells me that you have very little to no experience with debugging Android functionality and the Android Debug Bridge (ADB). Find someone who is capable of understanding these things and is willing to guide you personally. Or play around with it.

uradio sve na TV-u do procedure 4 koju nigdje ne mogu dobiti na TV-u
Find a picture guide about "How to enable Android developer options". BE AWARE that this is an option for people who know what they are doing, I take no responsibility if you break your television.

misko89

Nov 23, 2022
Niste odgovorili na sva pitanja.
Instrukcije koje sam dao su posebno za MOJ TV TIP. Vaša televizija može biti drugačija i možda će zahtijevati prilagođavanja da biste postigli isti krajnji cilj.

Vaš odgovor mi govori da imate vrlo malo ili nimalo iskustva s otklanjanjem grešaka u funkcionalnosti Androida i Android Debug Bridge-a (ADB). Pronađite nekoga ko je sposoban da razumije ove stvari i voljan je da vas lično vodi. Ili se poigrajte s tim.

Pronađite slikovni vodič o tome "Kako omogućiti Android programerske opcije". BUDI SVJESAN da je ovo opcija za ljude koji znaju šta rade, ne preuzimam odgovornost ako pokvariš svoj televizor.
Da, imam malo iskustva sa ovim, pošto mi se to nikada ranije nije desilo dok nisam uradio fabrička podešavanja, nakon resetovanja, uspeo sam da vratim sve u normalu, kao što su slika i zvuk i internet konekcija, osim Google Play adresa e-pošte

ali hvala vam u svakom slučaju na pokušaju da ovo objasnite

drsaif7

Dec 3, 2022

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
Yo

U are saviour bro 🥰
I have been searching alot of forum and getting ridiculed by so-called experts to change the tv. So grateful for your suggestion. Can you please tell what to use for youtube as youtube is not showing in playstore?
I noticed the same.

I tested the same update procedure, this time with the official Youtube app dated at July 3, 2022 (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...":["armeabi-v7a"],"minapi_slug":"minapi-21"}/). Command; adb.exe install -r youtube.apk

The app works as expected;

* The old/previous version Youtube app is removed from the home screen
* The tile of the new version is displayed on the home screen
* App startup is a bit slow (15 seconds)
* Login didn't automatically happen with the system-bound Google account, but the google account is present in the account selector. Had to do select this account once manually
* Video playback works, full HD works, subtitles work
* Google casting from smartphone works (startup time ~5 seconds)

The app basically works as expected. I suppose an error has been made in the play store listing, effectively hiding the app from our play store.

misko89

Nov 23, 2022
dal znači da modeli PHILIPS-a nisu isti, pa se razlikuju u smislu prijavljivanja na google nalog. Pratio sam sve najave za Android TV i pitao sam se da li je neko imao problema sa prijavljivanjem na Play Store. Ovo je e-mail TV PHILIPS Android TV model 40PFT6550/12 TV 2016 Android 5.1.1

B4lukapit4ny

Jan 8, 2023
I have the same problem with my puk6400. I don't have a PC so I downloaded the Google play apk for my phone. When I connect it to the tv, the tv doesn't see the apk file on my phone's folder. I tried to download the file with my tv's internet browser, but it's just processed and didn't happen anything.

How can I setup the store with my phone? Pls. describe it step by step if it is possible.

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
I have the same problem with my puk6400. I don't have a PC so I downloaded the Google play apk for my phone. When I connect it to the tv, the tv doesn't see the apk file on my phone's folder. I tried to download the file with my tv's internet browser, but it's just processed and didn't happen anything.

How can I setup the store with my phone? Pls. describe it step by step if it is possible.
This is a tooling question, the steps on the TV itself remain the same.

You want to wirelessly connect to your TV using the android debugging program (adb). Install a command prompt on your android phone, i'd suggest Termux, and download the adb program (https://github.com/shakalaca/fastboot-adb-android/releases), and run adb from Termux to connect wirelessly to your television from your phone.

This is possible, ad explained in this StackOverflow answer (that answer isn't a 100% match with your situation and requires filtering/adapting); https://android.stackexchange.com/a/216474

Good luck

starac12

Jan 3, 2023
My parents have a Philips 48PFK5500/12 Android TV, and asked me for help with this issue. I can confirm the above steps worked for binding a new account login to the television.

IMPORTANT; Log in and open the Play Store app to accept the Terms of Service agreements. Then give the television (a lot of) time to update all pre-installed apps!

Because this is about older televisions and compatibility things I'm going to explain the steps at a very basic level.
Steps I used (menu titles translated from Dutch so your titles may vary);

ON TV
3. Press home

ON TV - LOGIN

ON TV - Further updates
2. Accept the ToS

On this TV, all preinstalled apps started updating. This procedure is recognizable by the message "repairing app.." on the home screen tile(s).

Command log;
Code:
List of devices attached
192.168.88.45:5555      device

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb.exe install -r "C:\Users\Bert\Downloads\play services update-1.apk"
Performing Push Install
C:\Users\Bert\Downloads\play services update-1.apk: 1 file pushed, 0 skipped. 0.2 MB/s (38940224 bytes in 228.798s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/play services update-1.apk
Success

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb.exe reboot

List of devices attached
192.168.88.45:5555      offline
Zdravo. Nemam blage veze o svemu ovome, imam istu situaciju kao svi ovdje, nikad ne gledam tv, nego imam dvoje male djece i ajde kupim neki polovan Philips od 150 eura, i isto kao i kod svih, google racun.
Na mobilnom je 2 fact autent ON ali nikad mi ne dodje da odobrim logovanje.
Pa sam pokusao s ovim, ali sam dobio na cmd ovo: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061).
Toliko sam isfrustriran, ljut, i sta sve ne. Pomagajte molim vas, na pragu sam samoubistva

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
Pa sam pokusao s ovim, ali sam dobio na cmd ovo: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061).
Restart the television by pulling the power cord and putting it back in. Then go over the procedure again.
This is assuming you tried with the television powered on and the adb framework is misbehaving.

Na mobilnom je 2 fact autent ON ali nikad mi ne dodje da odobrim logovanje.
It's not supposed to work like that, you have to create an "app password" for your television login. See some posts above.

---
If that didn't work find someone knowledgeable in your surrounding that could help you, or answer the questions below;

-- Check this by opening the internet app and browse to website google.com, it should load the google homepage without error
3. Did you get a message "Success" after installing the Play Services apk through ADB?
5. Is your google account e-mail address and App Password correctly spelled out into the login form on the TV?
6. Did you skip a step or think a step did not execute properly?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Restart the television by pulling the power cord and putting it back in. Then go over the procedure again.
    This is assuming you tried with the television powered on and the adb framework is misbehaving.

It's not supposed to work like that, you have to create an "app password" for your television login. See some posts above.

---
    If that didn't work find someone knowledgeable in your surrounding that could help you, or answer the questions below;

Uspio sam !!!
    Zelim da se zahvalim svakome ko mi je pomogao, i ako jos neko treba pomoc vrlo rado cu pomoci. Veliko hvala. Stari Philips je u zivotu.
    Hi,

good finding... I think, the old play services do have problems, when 2FA is disabled...

[email protected]
    L
    Lawaes
    Hi XDA-Developers,

my brother gave me his Philips 40PUK6400/12 to replace my old bedroom tv.
    It's an older modell from around 2015 that runs Android 5.1.1.

After factory resetting the tv I am unable to sign in with my Google account. I always receive an error stating my username/password combination is incorrect. This happens during initial setup as well as when I try to open the play store. So far I have tried to to multiple factory resets and to use the wipe tool for Philips Android TVs. After entering my credentials I even get an email informing me that a new device has signed into my account, but the TV doesn't seem to log in.
    My brother has also removed the TV from his Google account but this also didn't help.

Any ideas how I might be able to sign into my account?

Edit:

I was able to solve this. It is related to the stock Google Play Services on the TV being too old after a factory reset. In case anyone else has issues with signing into their account on an older Android TV, here is how to solve this:

1. Enable developer options and enable debugging
    2. Allow unknown apps in security settings
    3. Download the latest Android TV Google Play services apk here:
    4. Connect to your tv: adb connect x.x.x.x (put in your tv's IP adress which you can find in the network settings) - you will receive a notification on your tv which you'll have to accept.
    5. Use ADB to sideload the play services apk to your TV: adb sideload -r C:\path\to\your\file.apk

Now you should be able to sign into your account again. You might get a force close of the Play Store on the first start but everything should work on the second attempt.

I have to thank you a lot @Bl4ckX !
    I had the same problem for a few days and I'm not familiar with adb so I didn't try your way but it worked perfectly on my model 50puh6400/88
    I just adapted it a bit since sideload wasn't available (I'm not sure why)
    I choosed the command
    Code:
    adb install xxxxxxx.apk
    to install some file explorer and then I managed to install the last Google service using my usb key.
    I hope my alternative method can help some and I thank you again a lot for this inspiration !

---

Uspio sam !!!
    Zelim da se zahvalim svakome ko mi je pomogao, i ako jos neko treba pomoc vrlo rado cu pomoci. Veliko hvala. Stari Philips je u zivotu.