Philips 48PFT5500 - Can no longer login to Google account

Search This thread

android_slave

Sep 21, 2022
My TV is a 48PFT5500. I know it is old but it's all I have at present. It is running Android 5.1.1, last updated on 13 July 2018 which is the last version avilable from Philips. But now I can no longer log into Google Play Store. When I enter my username and password, it says my username or password is not correct. I have tried many times. I can log into my Google account without problems from other devices, so I know I am using the correct credentials.

After reading another thread, I guessed I needed to update the Play Services app. But obviously I cannot do this directly from the Play Store because I cannot log into it from the TV. Also, I cannot find any type of File Manager app on the TV, so I cannot even install the Play Store app from a USB drive. Nor can I install a File Manager app because I cannot login to the Play Store.

Also I tried switching on two-step verification on my Google account, but this made no difference.

I tried clearing the Play Services app cache on the TV, but it did not help.

I switched on the Developer options and allowed unknown sources and USB debugging, then I tried to connect with adb over wifi. But it doesn't work, adb says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". No message is displayed on the TV to accept the incoming connection.

Maybe there is another way to connect the pc to the TV with a USB cable ... maybe with a type-A to type-A (male to male)? Would that cause a problem due to both devices trying to output 5V over the cable?

Is there anything else I can try - I just want to update the TV to get as much use out of it as possible.

Any useful suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

TheRealCedax

Oct 8, 2022
My TV is a 48PFT5500. I know it is old but it's all I have at present. It is running Android 5.1.1, last updated on 13 July 2018 which is the last version avilable from Philips. But now I can no longer log into Google Play Store. When I enter my username and password, it says my username or password is not correct. I have tried many times. I can log into my Google account without problems from other devices, so I know I am using the correct credentials.

After reading another thread, I guessed I needed to update the Play Services app. But obviously I cannot do this directly from the Play Store because I cannot log into it from the TV. Also, I cannot find any type of File Manager app on the TV, so I cannot even install the Play Store app from a USB drive. Nor can I install a File Manager app because I cannot login to the Play Store.

Also I tried switching on two-step verification on my Google account, but this made no difference.

I tried clearing the Play Services app cache on the TV, but it did not help.

I switched on the Developer options and allowed unknown sources and USB debugging, then I tried to connect with adb over wifi. But it doesn't work, adb says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". No message is displayed on the TV to accept the incoming connection.

Maybe there is another way to connect the pc to the TV with a USB cable ... maybe with a type-A to type-A (male to male)? Would that cause a problem due to both devices trying to output 5V over the cable?

Is there anything else I can try - I just want to update the TV to get as much use out of it as possible.

Any useful suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Hi, I replied to you on the other thread. I'll copy here the answer:
Hi man, i have the same TV and had the same problem. To fix this you have to unplug the TV and try 1 or two times. I did everything by Wi-Fi, after reading your post i purchased the USB cable but was not necessary.
I did this way:
1 opened cmd or powershell runned as administrator
2 runned adb connect xxxxx (IP address of TV)
3 accepted on the TV pop-up the connection
4 downloaded google service apk from apk mirror
5 used adb install -r xxxxx (location googleservic.apk dowloaded)
It worked! I tried in first attempt sideload -r but didn't worked. You have to use the command "install -r" to reinstall google service.

android_slave

Sep 21, 2022
Hi TheRealCedax,
I previously tried to login to the tv using abd over wifi. I tried many times and every time it refused my connection. This time I tried what you said, and unplugged the tv, then tried again. It worked! So thank you very much for your advice.
Now I have sideloaded the Google services apk, and I can login to Google Play Store again. Obviously there are not many apps available! Not even a good browser.
Did you manage to find any useful apps anywhere?
Also do you happen to know if I can use a keyboard with the tv?

Winappdev

Feb 17, 2023
Turkey
Hi, I replied to you on the other thread. I'll copy here the answer:
Hi man, i have the same TV and had the same problem. To fix this you have to unplug the TV and try 1 or two times. I did everything by Wi-Fi, after reading your post i purchased the USB cable but was not necessary.
I did this way:
1 opened cmd or powershell runned as administrator
2 runned adb connect xxxxx (IP address of TV)
3 accepted on the TV pop-up the connection
4 downloaded google service apk from apk mirror
5 used adb install -r xxxxx (location googleservic.apk dowloaded)
It worked! I tried in first attempt sideload -r but didn't worked. You have to use the command "install -r" to reinstall google service.
not worked for me i try 6 7 times but same error and later i used thirid party adb's but again same error

My error is my no luck

mark stowell

May 8, 2023
not worked for me i try 6 7 times but same error and later i used thirid party adb's but again same error

My error is my no luck
I have had the same problem but after 3 nights of trying diffrent things it is now sorted.

1. Factory reset the TV
2. set up tv as normal but dont bother to try to log into google.
3. On a laptop download Downloader.apk
3. Download ADB Tools from here : https://developer.android.com/tools/releases/platform-tools

4. Connect your laptop to the same network as the TV
5. Enable Debugging and Unknown sources
6. Connect to your TV using ADB (Google how to do this, its easy)
7. Install downloader using ADB (Again google how to install an app using ADB its super easy and takes a few seconds)
8. On the TV open downloader and use the code 48157 to install Apptoide
9. open Apptoide and install google play services, I also installed Youtube from Apptoide as well.
10. Close downloader and open the goole play store, the login will now work as its the new version of Google play services.

This may seem daunting but its actually very easy and took me 5 minutes start to finish. It works and you will have a fully functioning Phillips android tv.

Winappdev

Feb 17, 2023
Turkey
I have had the same problem but after 3 nights of trying diffrent things it is now sorted.

1. Factory reset the TV
2. set up tv as normal but dont bother to try to log into google.
3. On a laptop download Downloader.apk
3. Download ADB Tools from here : https://developer.android.com/tools/releases/platform-tools

4. Connect your laptop to the same network as the TV
5. Enable Debugging and Unknown sources
6. Connect to your TV using ADB (Google how to do this, its easy)
7. Install downloader using ADB (Again google how to install an app using ADB its super easy and takes a few seconds)
8. On the TV open downloader and use the code 48157 to install Apptoide
9. open Apptoide and install google play services, I also installed Youtube from Apptoide as well.
10. Close downloader and open the goole play store, the login will now work as its the new version of Google play services.

This may seem daunting but its actually very easy and took me 5 minutes start to finish. It works and you will have a fully functioning Phillips android tv.
Thanks it works