I can not download from the site
Change the possible link
Can anyone attach a copy of PhilzTouch for the i9100 and i9100P or link to it from anywhere other than DevHost..... I've been trying all last night, and at work... and not a single one downloads. Inundated with popups, and now downloading viruses onto work computers. Never used to be this hard to get this file, I did have it on a previous SD Card, but thats now corrupted (and another story).
So if anyone can attach it to either or point me in the direction of anyone hosting other than DevHost, as all I see refer back to there....
He said i9100 which is the international s2, and the i9100P is a variant of the s2 as well(Australia variant i guess), and still, all the download links in the links you posted is still from DevHost, which is down for a long time.I'm not sure if what I have will work for you. But isn't the 9100 the International Note (2/4)?
I have PhilZ Touch v6.59.0 trlte
But here's the Main PhilZ Page:
And here's the PhilZ Page that it says is for the i9100/P which it says is an S2 (is that what you have?):
Those are the actual PhilZ pages here on XDA, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.
Hope this helps!
He said i9100 which is the international s2, and the i9100P is a variant of the s2 as well(Australia variant i guess), and still, all the download links in the links you posted is still from DevHost, which is down for a long time.
I will try to find some mirrors.
I searched a lot for it and i could find a philz_touch_6.48.4-i9100.zipHi @ Zeuszoos,
Thanks for replying and attempting to help it's much appreciated... But yes as @MigoMujahid has said, both the i9100 and the i9100P are the Galaxy S2 model, with the i9100P being the NFC version.
I picked up these two phones the other day (I already have 2x of these myself) for my parents, upgrading their very very old phones. Normally I'd be ok, but to make matters worse my current S2 SD card has got corrupted the other day when switching it between the two new S2's and now lost everything (thats a seperate issue, which trying to recover). So needed those files to root and change the custom recovery on the new S2's for the parents...
Tried DevHost, and thought it was me... just not doing it correctly. As I've managed to get files from them before. Didnt realise they were down down, that would explain why Ive been going round in loops, with pop ups after pop ups, and viruses trying to download.
If you could find some mirrors, be very much appreciated....
That said, one of the S2's that got from eBay looks like it will have to go back as it wont connect to the PC or show up in Odin... It's detected as a "Unknown Device" and says "USB Device Not Recognised" or words similar to that. I've tried wiping/restoring it in its STOCK recovery. Its running Gingerbread 2.3.4 STOCK, from Orange.
Don't suppose you know where I could get firmware for the i9100P (NFC) from Orange UK, running Android 2.3.4. I've tried SamMobile and I think they have newer version. Was gonna try and download it on the phone over WiFi, as cannot connect it to PC File Explorer or Odin. Thought if I dumped it in the root, and then trying flashed it on the stock recovery, see if that would make the device come alive again. Don't want to put too newer version on, as if I have to send it back, he'll say it's something Ive done. From what Ive read, it appears to have happened after a dodgy CM9 build, that most had issues like this... But its currently running stock....
All help gratefully received...
- Patched kernel to avoid brick bug issues on ICS 4.0.4
- PhilZ Touch Recovery: enhanced clockworkmod 6 full touch based recovery
- Pure stock kernel (only ramdisk changes)
- Can be flashed in Stock Recovery (root + no yellow triangle) or in Odin
- Init.d and customboot.sh support
- Introduced support for custom MULTI bootanimation (bin and zip)
- Dual USB mount in recovery support
- ADB root in recovery: just wait about a minute to activate
- touch interface:- toggle between 4 touch modes: FULL TOUCH, DOUBLE TAP to validate and SEMI TOUCH (scroll but no touch validation) and NO TOUCH to only use hardware keysNote: after scroll, first touch will select only. After one sec of scrolling or on second touch, it will validate immeadiately. This is by design and not a bug. It is there to limit erroneous validation while scrolling
- written from scratch full touch code
- safe full touch : no wrongly validations while scrolling
- when you set full touch mode, it defaults to optimized settings for menu height, scroll sensitivity and touch accuracy (you still can alter them manually later)
- adjust scroll sensitivity in a huge palette
- adjust menu height in a huge palette
- adjust touch accuracy
- 30 color settings for each of the 8 GUI parts + 5 alpha transparency settings
- user custom background png can be selected in addition to 30 solid colors option
- show / hide background icon
- show / hide bottom virtual buttons
- show/hide + set color and transparency for menu line separators to match solid color themes, like Black...
- set number of bottom log rows to show
- Friendly Log View and pause on logs: no more miss logs during zip installs
- auto dim screen after user configurable delay
- auto turn off screen after user configurable delay
- adjust brightness and turn off screen with a gesture action
- show/hide clock and remaining battery %, even during nandroid operations
- clock and battery stats now effectively refresh every 30 seconds and during nandroid operations
- toggle vibrator on/off on touch
- toggle key repeat for volume up/down scrolling when maintained pressed
- key repeat also enabled for virtual buttons
- set time zone + 30mn offset + DST: correct time can now be set for nandroid backup path and clock
- time setting is now applied to all recovery session, including timestamp of created/modified files (v4.92.3+)
- capture recovery screen shots with a gesture action
- one file to save all settings
- backup and restore settings file
- reset to default settings option
- prompt to restore your settings from a backup when they are wiped by a new ROM install
- option to auto restore your settings from a backup without a prompt
- all toggles are applied live, without restart of recovery (except reset of stock CWM background image)
- toggle menu options are automatically right aligned and menu text left aligned based on device display size
- configurable gesture actions: double tap, slide right/left, long press/lift, long press/move, can be associated with any of: show log, change brightness, blank screen, capture screen shot, launch Aroma File Manager
Read more about it here: Validation Lock after scrolling
- First to introduce true JB 4.2 migration: toggle between /data/media and /data/media/0
- browse phone with root access using full GUI in Aroma File Manager
- terminal access from recovery with root access through Aroma File Manager
- Multi Zip Install menu: check multiple zip files to install in a row
- Custom Install Zip Mode: set a default folder to start with + browse backward up to the root
- exFAT + ext4 support in recovery for external sd
- TWRP backup and restore support, include full md5 sum support (single and multivolume, compressed and non compressed formats)
- Advanced statistics during backup operations shown in color: total backup size, backup size progress, backup time, compression ratio...
- support .android_secure backup/restore from external storage and exfat partitions
- optional reboot after custom backups/restores
- sd-ext support (ext4)
- nandroid backups support /preload in backup and restore jobs (custom and stock modes)
- nandroid backups support /misc in backup and restore jobs (custom mode)
- set special nandroid settings: time zone, toggle md5 check for lightning fast backup and restore, toggle /preload backup and restore, enable nandroid compression using pigz (multi-cpu gzip compression) and choose ors backup target volume
- you can cancel any nandroid operation with back button
- create custom_rom.zip from current ROM or from a pre-existing nandroid backup (based on boot, /system and optionally /preload)
- nandroid backup path now will be named with current ROM id from build.prop (ro.modversion, then ro.romversion, then ro.build.display.id)
- custom backup and restore job list: backup and restore freely any partition combo (include modem and efs) from old nandroid folder or new custom_backup one
- backup/restore EFS in both tar + img formats, now with time incremented copies for both tar and .img
- support flash modem.bin image files in addition to custom modem.img files, now support for multiple *.bin versions under dedicated folder
- during custom restore, you can see the contents of the folder you want to restore from
- delete custom or TWRP backups from recovery menu
- full wipe before flashing new ROM: wipe user data + format /system and /preload. SD card content is not affected
- full support for openrecovery script specifications include all backup and restore options
- run openrecovery scripts in 2 modes: on start goomanager boot scripts + one touch menu to either directly open a default path or freely browse for scripts
- define ors backup target volume from within Nandroid Settings menu
- ors restore path supports stock clockworkmod path, TWRP path and custom_backup path
- poweroff, reboot to recovery and reboot to download/bootloader mode options
- dual USB mount in recovery support and mount external sd over usb for /data/media devices
- adb root in recovery: just wait about a minute to activate
- detailed build info in About menu
- Can you implement overclock, voltage control, voodoo, special drivers... ?
This is a stock kernel, not recompiled from source. It is only repacked with changes in ramdisk to add new features and an enhanced cwm based recovery. I do not have plans to start building kernels from source. There are big names in the scene already doing a great job there.
- Why I can't see your kernel version Phone / About dialog ?
That's how stock kernels behave. Version info is in build.prop and comes with the ROM. I can add it but won't as it is that way that stock kernels are supposed to work.
You can know the exact kernel version by typing in terminal: getprop
Also, in my recovery, there is an About dialog to give you more info about actual recovery which is also tight to kernel
- Why your kernel drains more battery ?
It cannot be. It will act like stock kernel, not better, not worst
- Does your kernel perform better than stock ?
Same answer as previous
- Why sometimes I need to touch twice to validate an option in recovery ?
This is by design and not a bug. A special feature I added is the option to highlight/validate touched menu. After you scroll in a menu, your first touch will act as select without validation. This is to avoid any false validation during scroll, the worst limitation for many of the actual touch recoveries including original one
- Will you implement exFAT support in recovery ?
It is done now, but only for JB as it supports exFat
- this is a pure stock kernel, kernel is just same as stock, except binary patching MMC_CAP_ERASE
- if you have issues such as bootloop, first, try to flash the original stock zImage to see if you still have same issues as with my kernel
- some custom kernels do not update your build.prop, it is the case with my kernel, as it is a stock kernel. I can add it, but won't for many specific reasons. You can flash a LR9 kernel on a LRT ROM, you will still see LRT in your phone/about. That's also true if you flash a Samsung genuine kernel on a different ROM. So, if you flashed many kernels before, be sure to know on what ROM you are and check potential compatibility issues between kernels in post 2
- Make sure your issue is recovery related
- All external sdcard issues: first format in PC with primary partition, tons of people are formatting as logical and come cry
- Reproduce your issue and while in recovery:
- Go to Advanced / Report Error
- Copy the /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log and attach it here
- Give detailed info about your issues
- Without these, there is little chance I can help you, so, do not get mad if I do not answer
- multi-zip flashing from custom set locations
- after installing a new ROM that wipes recovery settings, on next reboot, you are prompted to restore them from a backup if you have done one
- New menus separator lines that you can show/hide, set colors and transparency. Useful for solid color themes, like Black
- fix default menu highlight transparency was set to a wrong default value
- code optimizing for file checks
- mix code optimizing