[PhilZ-cwm6][n7000] Stock Kernel+CWM6+Root+exFAT+NTFS-LTA

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34537819&postcount=1182

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

whitedavidp

Jul 31, 2012
How To Get CWM Newer Than 6.0.3.1?

I have been happily running Philz for XXLT4 (Touch 5, CWM 6.0.3.1) on my Note N7000 with Touchwiz and Android 4.1.2 for a long time now. I am considering trying one of the KitKat ROMs and from what I can tell, I really need to update CWM to something newer than I have now.

I tried going to the "up to date thread" shown in post 1 here. I followed that to the files shown for the N7000. I chose the latest zip version there. I put that on my external SD and then installed it via my current recovery.

That proved to NOT be a good thing since the phone no longer booted normally. I am not sure why. I was thankfully able to boot into recovery and saw that I did have Philz 6.48.4 with CMW 6.0.5.0. Using that I was able to restore my previous night's Nandroid backup and all is back where I was before I started all of this. I guess the Nandroid over-wrote the recovery.

So what is the RIGHT way to get the up to date Philz CWM for my device? Thanks!

TazzyUK

Dec 21, 2007
Links dodgy for me -(

Hiya
I'm looking for the custom firmware to root my Galaxy note 1 (XXLT9 Android 4.1.2) but every time i click on a download link, I get taken to a site that flags up phishing warnings and downloads of EXE files, not zips (and ezdownloaders) :(
So far I've managed to get 'philz_touch_6.48.4-n7000.zip' file but looking for one specific to my kernel LT9 or would this do the job?

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Hiya
I'm looking for the custom firmware to root my Galaxy note 1 (XXLT9 Android 4.1.2) but every time i click on a download link, I get taken to a site that flags up phishing warnings and downloads of EXE files, not zips (and ezdownloaders) :(
So far I've managed to get 'philz_touch_6.48.4-n7000.zip' file but looking for one specific to my kernel LT9 or would this do the job?
Check post number 3

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I have been happily running Philz for XXLT4 (Touch 5, CWM 6.0.3.1) on my Note N7000 with Touchwiz and Android 4.1.2 for a long time now. I am considering trying one of the KitKat ROMs and from what I can tell, I really need to update CWM to something newer than I have now.

I tried going to the "up to date thread" shown in post 1 here. I followed that to the files shown for the N7000. I chose the latest zip version there. I put that on my external SD and then installed it via my current recovery.

That proved to NOT be a good thing since the phone no longer booted normally. I am not sure why. I was thankfully able to boot into recovery and saw that I did have Philz 6.48.4 with CMW 6.0.5.0. Using that I was able to restore my previous night's Nandroid backup and all is back where I was before I started all of this. I guess the Nandroid over-wrote the recovery.

So what is the RIGHT way to get the up to date Philz CWM for my device? Thanks!
For stock roms you will have to stay with what you have... Update to KK, you can flash the kernel you flashed 6.48.4 and then reboot to new recovery and flash KK rom.

whitedavidp

Jul 31, 2012
Check post number 3

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

For stock roms you will have to stay with what you have... Update to KK, you can flash the kernel you flashed 6.48.4 and then reboot to new recovery and flash KK rom.

Thanks very much for clarifying this. I was under the impression that I needed to update CWM in order to flash KK. Cheers!

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth
triangle away

Need answer fast. I root my phone using philz cwm using odin. Then i have the big triangle. Can i use triangle away to remove that? Because when i enter triangle away it says that i must use stock kernel before i can proceed. But the thing is im using philz kernel. Correct me if im wrong tq. Need urgent reply or Pm.

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth
Dude next time its better for you to quote me so that i get notified. Ive been waiting 3 days for this to get notified on my notification bar of xda. Actually you did reply but i didnt receive the notification. Its better next time you quote me. Thanks btw and its work. May god bless you.

Last edited:

sagar d

Dec 13, 2013
Bangalore
Hi,

My note's build number is DDLSC. I have rooted it with the PhilZ-DDLSC root file(extracting from zip method, link: http://d-h.st/kAT ),but to install a custom rom (link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2251444 ), I need to have a stock rom of XXLSZ build,isn't it? or at-least a different version(XXLSZ) of the root file (PhilZ-cwm6-ZSLO2-OZS-4.91.2.tar.md5 ; link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bv7cqn2vwxp8rr7/PhilZ-cwm6-ZSLO2-OZS-4.91.2.tar.md5).

How do i change it to XXLSZ from DDLSC. Am i supposed to unroot,flash stock and root again with the XXLSZ root file? Or from the existing root(DDLSC) itself, can I directly go to cwm recovery and extract from zip(by placing the new root file,i.e.,XXLSZ-build file)? Wouldn't that be like rooting the phone twice?

Thanks for the help :)

MaxMusaab

Mar 5, 2015
uhh link broken? for .zip kernel/phliz-cwm advanced file. Thats the only one needed to root and recovery right?

Top Liked Posts