Question Phone App Broke Need Help!

Search This thread

Moxiipc

Hello there,

I have accidently broke my phone app by uninstalling a system app that must interact with phone. How I got to this is a very long story involving samsung and customer service but I won't get into that.

instead of factory resetting my phone which is my last resort if all fails here. I have submitted my logs from cmd to show exactly what I uninstalled. One of these system apps is it and I hope someone with knowledge in the A53 5G can show me which one rather then taking wild guesses at it.
Also once the apk is pinpointed where can I go to get a copy of this system app to install it back?

Attachments

• termentry.txt
    15 KB · Views: 14

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
That's a mess to try and read. Is that like 200 packages?! Yeah you're going to have issues.
At this point I would factory reset and then be much more conservative which packages you disable. 80 is a more reasonable number.

Moxiipc

That's a mess to try and read. Is that like 200 packages?! Yeah you're going to have issues.
At this point I would factory reset and then be much more conservative which packages you disable. 80 is a more reasonable number.
im going to assume based off your comment you didn't even try to read the file. Your give up and just factory reset attitude is not what im looking for. Your just trying to put 2 cents in to get your post count up. You can be helpful by asking someone who is advanced with an A53 5G to take a look.

its only 46 packages uninstalled.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
im going to assume based off your commenrlt you didn't even try to read the file. Your give up and just factory reset attitude is not what im looking for.

its only 46 packages uninstalled.
I tried to read it for 5 minutes.
It looks like a lot more than 46 lines...🤣

Best to leave the many Samsung system apps alone. Disable only power hogs and completely worthless apps like Digital Wellbeing, FB etc.
This is my list for my stock N975U running on Pie. The list for my N975U1 running on Android 10 is almost identical in spite of having around 100+ new Samsung system apps added from Samsung.
No issues. Google play Services is normally disabled unless needed.

Attachments

• disabledpackages.xml
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Moxiipc

I tried to read it for 5 minutes.
It looks like a lot more than 46 lines...🤣

Best to leave the many Samsung system apps alone. Disable only power hogs and completely worthless apps like Digital Wellbeing, FB etc.
This is my list for my stock N975U running on Pie. The list for my N975U1 running on Android 10 is almost identical in spite of having around 100+ new Samsung system apps added from Samsung.
No issues. Google play Services is normally disabled unless needed.
Do you have an A53 5G?

Moxiipc

Really? Just told you what I got.
Instead of wasting others time at least edit that list so it shows only the names of the blocked apps? Here I thought you were busy reloading.
I would have it sorted out by now if I made that mess.
So you don't have an A53 5G okay well if you can't provide a solution then your the one wasting time. I posted the whole text so whoever looks can see exactly what I did. If you can't be bothered to read through the text and demand that I edit it to cater to your preference then you are the one wasting my time.

I don't have to edit it just because you don't know how to read it. You didn't even look and just assumed I uninstalled 200 packages because you saw you had to scroll a little. If you took the time you would have known it was 46 and would have helped to provide an answer instead of encouraging me to give up finding a solution and just factory reset.

If you want to be useful instead of argumentative you can help trying to find com.samsung.android.providers.contacts the system app for the A53 5G I believe this is the one I need to get it working again.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So you don't have an A53 5G okay well if you can't provide a solution then your the one wasting time. I posted the whole text so whoever looks can see exactly what I did. If you can't be bothered to read through the text and demand that I edit it to cater to your preference then you are the one wasting my time.

I don't have to edit it just because you don't know how to read it. You didn't even look and just assumed I uninstalled 200 packages because you saw you had to scroll a little. If you took the time you would have known it was 46 and would have helped to provide an answer instead of encouraging me to give up finding a solution and just factory reset.

If you want to be useful instead of argumentative you can help trying to find com.samsung.android.providers.contacts the system app for the A53 5G I believe this is the one I need to get it working again.
Done the same thing multiple times over the last 3 years. No threads or posts from me asking what I blocked that was caused by my mistakes. Only solutions when I spot them in threads like this. That list is a mess as I pointed out at the beginning, it gave me a headache trying to read it. I grouped it into tens then counted down the groups to come up with 100+ apps🤣 I should have seen a list of 46 apps.

Either way I saw some on there that probably shouldn't be disabled. You should know what the app you're blocking does and any dependencies it has... before you block it. In the time all this has dragged out for I could have done a complete reload and be good to go. Had you used a package disabler it would have been much simpler to fix. You can really screw up a system with bad adb editing... I make sure all my critical data was backed up redundantly if I was you.

Moxiipc

All it takes to fix this is someone with an A53 5G use apk extractor and extract the com.samsung.android.providers.contacts app from their phone and upload it. This system app is the one that interacts with storing contact data and I believe this is the one I need to get my contacts and phone app working again.

Reactions: blackhawk
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Attachments

• Contacts 10.2.02.36.apk
    22.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Contacts Storage 10.1.22.apk
    6.2 MB · Views: 0

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
Appalling.
I screwed the pooch and broke my phone.
Help me help me !!!!
No, your help is not good enough, you are not a worthy person!
Give me, give me, give me!!!!!!11

That about sum it up ?
BTW, I do have a A53 5G and I will NOT be helping after seeing how well treated people that DID honestly try to help got....well......treated.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Where did you learn about uninstalling system apps with adb?
Shouldn't there also be the way to re-install them in that tutorial? The XDA tutorial does include it so that's why I'm curious where did you get the adb tutorial. It'd be very unprofessional if they left that part out.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Where did you learn about uninstalling system apps with adb?
Shouldn't there also be the way to re-install them in that tutorial? The XDA tutorial does include it so that's why I'm curious where did you get the adb tutorial. It'd be very unprofessional if they left that part out.
There's a couple threads on XDA about it. Easiest way to find them is a Google search with xda in it. There's a variant that needs no PC too.

The changes are stored in the user data partition so a factory reset will return everything to default if you make a mess of things🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Appalling.
    I screwed the pooch and broke my phone.
    Help me help me !!!!
    No, your help is not good enough, you are not a worthy person!
    Give me, give me, give me!!!!!!11

That about sum it up ?
    BTW, I do have a A53 5G and I will NOT be helping after seeing how well treated people that DID honestly try to help got....well......treated.
    All it takes to fix this is someone with an A53 5G use apk extractor and extract the com.samsung.android.providers.contacts app from their phone and upload it. This system app is the one that interacts with storing contact data and I believe this is the one I need to get my contacts and phone app working again.
    Here..

Much of it is open source Apache dating back to 2004. Yours is a newer, larger version.

How's 13 running for you so far?
    OneUI 5 seems snappier... I don't see many feature difference so far, at least visually, but i didn't had much free time too look into it yet.