• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Phone arrive unlocked

Search This thread

ken218

Oct 13, 2010
London
Something weird... I ordered the phone from Amazon UK today. When it arrived, I notice the bootloader is already unlocked. I checked with Mi's product authentication page and it said "Congratulations! You can be assured the phone you have purchased is the official international version."
Product Authentication (mi.com)

The phone came sealed, so. I don't know why it was unlocked. Any thoughts?

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
how did you conclude it's bootloader unlocked.
I haven't done it with this device yet, but normally when you turn on an Android device you get a message that the bootloader is open, if that's the case.

The phone came sealed, so. I don't know why it was unlocked. Any thoughts?
If I were you I would give it back. AFAIK no Poco (Xiaomi) device comes on the market with an already opened bootloader. Smells fishy!

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
like what they say, send it back citing you suspect it was tempered with as the bootloader is unlocked

AnOob_701

Apr 1, 2019
The open padlock on the boot screen was the first hint.

The OEM unlock was grey out in the developer menu was greyed out being the second.

fastboot oem device-info showing the device was unlocked is the last straw
yes it's what i asked. you should return it if your are able to.

ken218

Oct 13, 2010
London
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up return the phone as I purchased it from Amazon, so return was easy enough. Took them over 3 weeks to receive the phone and process the refund though, ouch! (i dropped off the phone at an Amazon locker) :S.

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Amazon should have sent that one to me.... Then i wouldn't have to wait 7 days!

That device is probably a "refurbished" one. Someone bought it, unlocked it, didn't like it and sent it back to amazon. The repacked the device prolly did some kind of factory reset, and shipped it to the next buyer,