Phone asking for decryption password after udating magisk

Search This thread

mierdaseca

Jun 25, 2012
So I updated magisk 23 --> 24.1 directly from the app, after reboot, wifi isnt working but data is. So I reboot again and now it asks for a decryption password which I dont know (i tried pin code).
I need help. I dont wanna lose all the data.+

Last edited:

quangtiens

Nov 23, 2021
So I updated magisk 23 --> 24.1 directly from the app, after reboot, wifi isnt working but data is. So I reboot again and now it asks for a decryption password which I dont know (i tried pin code).
I need help. I dont wanna lose all the data.+
Did you solve this trouble?
I have just got the same and dont know how to do now :(

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
Did you solve this trouble?
I have just got the same and dont know how to do now :(

Did you tell magisk to keep encryption and not to disable dm-verity when updating? This happens when your device was encrypted and a flash removes encryption data. Some time ago I saw a flashable zip for Orange Fox which allegedly decrypted data from recovery, but I think your best bet would be to format data

quangtiens

Nov 23, 2021
Did you tell magisk to keep encryption and not to disable dm-verity when updating? This happens when your device was encrypted and a flash removes encryption data. Some time ago I saw a flashable zip for Orange Fox which allegedly decrypted data from recovery, but I think your best bet would be to format data
I was using phone as normal with orange fox recovery and root with magisk v21.xxx, and without encryption in phone (I am not sure if Orange fox has encrypted any data or partition?!)
Then I upgrade magisk to v25 through magisk manager app, and got the problem.

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
I was using phone as normal with orange fox recovery and root with magisk v21.xxx, and without encryption in phone (I am not sure if Orange fox has encrypted any data or partition?!)
Then I upgrade magisk to v25 through magisk manager app,

If you were using stock MIUI and used any means to lock your phone like fingerprint or pin, then you device was encrypted. You could try following this guide to see if you can disable decryption but i remember trying once and i had to format.

quangtiens

Nov 23, 2021
If you were using stock MIUI and used any means to lock your phone like fingerprint or pin, then you device was encrypted. You could try following this guide to see if you can disable decryption but i remember trying once and i had to format.
Thanks for your support.
Actually I have formatted device and try to install magisk again (without any password setup for device: pattern, pin, finger print) but the same trouble appear again.

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
Thanks for your support.
Actually I have formatted device and try to install magisk again (without any password setup for device: pattern, pin, finger print) but the same trouble appear again.
Then you could try starting fresh. Make sure you are using latest OrangeFox. Format data (not just wiping) and install your rom. Then flash magisk apk (or zip) from recovery and reboot