Phone blocked after hard restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sebax88x

Oct 6, 2022
Hello,
2 years ago I bought a Pocophone f2 pro from a friend, changed my Mi account on the device and everything worked. A week ago, I did a hard reset and the device was locked during the first setup. It turned out that the phone is not associated to my Mi account. I contacted a colleague, we checked and his account is also not associated with this phone. Probably the phone is assigned to the account of the seller from Spain, but there is no contact with him anymore. I don't have any receipt, just a shipping confirmation and a receipt for delivery. Unfortunately, the Xiaomi service does not want to remove this blockade. Is there any way I can use this phone? Unofficial ROM or bootloader could help?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hello,
2 years ago I bought a Pocophone f2 pro from a friend, changed my Mi account on the device and everything worked. A week ago, I did a hard reset and the device was locked during the first setup. It turned out that the phone is not associated to my Mi account. I contacted a colleague, we checked and his account is also not associated with this phone. Probably the phone is assigned to the account of the seller from Spain, but there is no contact with him anymore. I don't have any receipt, just a shipping confirmation and a receipt for delivery. Unfortunately, the Xiaomi service does not want to remove this blockade. Is there any way I can use this phone? Unofficial ROM or bootloader could help?
If you were able to link your phone to your account 2 years ago, I don't see why after a reset it won't be anymore.
Check here if the phone appears and that everything matches and possibly change the password.

sebax88x

Oct 6, 2022
I checked the account countless times, the phone was not in the devices attached to the account. We have checked with a friend if there is this phone on his account. It turned out to be there, but entering his password or unassaigned the phone did not work. In the message does not display my or my friend account number.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I checked the account countless times, the phone was not in the devices attached to the account. We have checked with a friend if there is this phone on his account. It turned out to be there, but entering his password or unassaigned the phone did not work. In the message does not display my or my friend account number.
If the phone is on your friend's account, he must remove the phone from his account.
How could you link the phone to your account when it was already linked to your friend's account?

sebax88x

Oct 6, 2022
He removed the phone from his account today, but it's still locked.
I don't remeber now. I think I have created my account and logged into my phone.
And it turned out it's not his mi account or phone number. 20221006_203439.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.