Phone bricked and locked, operation denied

Search This thread

Stickmanx89

Jun 28, 2022
Good morning,
Following an accidental water dive of < 2min my Google Pixel 2 appears to be bricked. It was dried out for a day, then powered on. The phone loads to the screen shown below. I am unable to select "start", or any other action on this page through touch or hard buttons.

There is no loss of critical data considering a recent backup.

Is there anything I can try to revive the device?

Vol. Up + Vol. Down + Power Button brings me back to the screen pictured below.

Thank you,

Keywords for future searches:
Console DISABLED
ERROR: Operation Denied

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 4

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Turn it off immediately. Get yourself a phone/tablet rescue desiccant kit and put your phone in the bag for at least a week. You can also use rice if you have it on hand, although it isn't as efficient at absorbing moisture and creates a small amount of dust.

I highly recommend these if you can find them:
2371a971-a234-4179-982a-a8a92ec39dfe_1.c37217dc3bc1d29512b97835384f4e97.jpeg

The beads turn pink when they absorb moisture.

Stickmanx89

Jun 28, 2022
It is now drying, thank you for the product recommendation :)

Once the water is dried out, is there any recovery mode? A hard reset? What should be my plan of action to get out of this screen?

Thank you

Last edited:

Stickmanx89

Jun 28, 2022
For anyone interested, the GP2 died in a rescue kit. I get a red led indicator (top right) when i plug it in, but nothing show up on screen. Pressing and holding power + Vol+ + Vol- shows the red LED again, but still nothing on screen.

As for replacement, I would love to continue with the Pixel lineup for its naked optimized android. Unfortunately, I cannot get passed the reported connectivity issues since i'm always quite the distance from cell towers.

I like the S22 durability and camera, but the bloatware is overwhelming.

I like the One Plus 10 battery life/charging but the android auto not working well is a huge turn off. Ain't nobody got time for wires. And reported camera to be worse than the One Plus 9.

I'll probably try to keep using my older phone until the next gen hoping they will be more appealing.

Save yourself the trouble and don't go swimming without emptying your pockets.

Cheers