• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

phone casting sometimes there sometimes isn't

Search This thread

sand1303

Dec 22, 2007
whats up everyone. i was using the iphone 6 for a couple months and used the little cast button at the top of youtube and stuff to shoot the video to the tv and it was always there and always worked. i just traded it for a note 4 the other day and i can't figure out why the little symbol is only present about maybe 40% of the time. i have not changed anything on my home network or cable/tivo setup. i see it there sometimes and more often than not i don't see it. is this a common issue?

nanas9

Jun 4, 2009
Whenever I had that issue it was because my phone was switching networks: 2.5 ghz wifi --> 5 ghz wifi --> mobile data. Possibly turning off the connection optimizer setting would keep it from randomly switching.

Reactions: pcmanager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whenever I had that issue it was because my phone was switching networks: 2.5 ghz wifi --> 5 ghz wifi --> mobile data. Possibly turning off the connection optimizer setting would keep it from randomly switching.
    i will give it a shot thanks
    I have the same problem and my phone is always connected to one wireless network. So I think the problem is something else.