Phone Contacts Vanished(?) LG Stylo 4

Search This thread

LodeUnknown

May 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S22
My next door neighbor is a sweet old lady who we occasionally invite over for dinner and take care of stuff for her (lawn mowing/weeding/spraying, etc....), and she has this LG Stylo 4 phone and her carrier is metro by t-mobile. Now I forgot exactly when this happened, but she had all of her contacts 86'd out of nowhere, and she claims that maybe her phone got hacked or something, I don't know

I fiddled enough with my phone and thought "maybe I can recover her contacts for her" since im the tech support for all modern hardware problems in my family (phone problems, computer problems and so on), but i'm hitting a roadblock on how I can get her contacts back without rooting her phone. I tried seeing if she had her contacts auto-backing up to whatever google service she was auto-set with, but none of her contacts were set to backup at all, and last time we ran into this problem was with my father, and by his words, it took about 6 months for his vanished contacts to magically re-appear somehow without his input

so, is there any non-root method available for me to get her contacts back, or will she have to re-add them one by one by memory?

Last edited:

Jmcard8080

Nov 21, 2021
There's not much you can do unless she has a Google account linked to the phone or backed up her contacts with an app. As far as her contacts disappearing, it could be something as simple as settings, contacts settings, and view.. maybe she messed with the settings and accidentally clicked off of her phone for what contacts to view in settings. It has to be something simple because unless somebody's just trying to be an ass I don't see somebody hacking a little old lady's phone just to delete her contacts.