Phone dead (screen broke), should I disconnect battery from the board?

Search This thread

leodexe

May 14, 2020
Punto Fijo
So, huh, my Z2P is dead (the screen broke) and I guess I won't be able to even pay the cost of the new replacement screen.
They are charging 75$ for a GENERIC, non-original replacement screen in my nearest repair phone store.
Seems like a bad deal to me, so instead of paying those 75$, I got this nice used phone in 100$ called Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.

I have one question, should I disconnect the battery from the board?
And if disconnected I don't have to charge it again? Or should I charge like every once in a month?
I know that having lithium batteries totally discharged for a long time isn't good at all.

So I guess I won't be participating in this forum anymore. Was pretty fun while it lasted.

BTW, it seems that this battery isn't 3000mAh at all, it says 2820mAh.
yNwBeEQ.jpeg

Last edited:

leodexe

May 14, 2020
Punto Fijo
Sorry LEo. I guess I don't understand why you want to charge the battery if the phone is no good?
The phone can be repaired but some batteries die when they aren't charged in a long time, and as long as the battery is connected to the board it will keep it draining very slowly even if the phone is not turned on, this may cause the battery to be completely drained out, and if not charged every once in a while it can die pretty quickly and never charge again.